1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hey RED SOX FANS!!!! Chek it out!!!

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Nomar, Sep 1, 2000.

1. Nomar

Nomar Member

WE GOT BICHETTE!! NANNY NANNY BOO BOO!!!
    YANKEES SUCK!!! GO SOX!!! GO NOMAR!!! GO PEDRO!!! YEAH!!! GO DANTE BICHETTE!!!

------------------
    Starting at shortstop, for the Houston Astros, Nomar Garciaparra.

2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Pedro is still your only pitcher though. FOrtuantely he is the most dominating pitcher in the game today, ensuring you of a first round victory. But can you get by the Yankeess, I dont know. And Bichette isnt a superstar. He is a good player though, and the Sox might have got him cheap so certainly it is a good deal for them in my opinion.

How good do you think the Red SOx would be without Maritnez and jsut some regular old guy as the 5th pitcher? I say around .500.

------------------
    Remember.... You are not really drunk until you must hold on to the grass to keep from falling off the earth.

3. Nomar

Nomar Member

hey man. the rotation is 5 pitchers. that means pedro pitches 1/5 of the red sox's games. do the math. plus, we got saberhagen rehabing, and tommy ohka is a very good prospect.

------------------
    Starting at shortstop, for the Houston Astros, Nomar Garciaparra.

4. keeley

keeley Contributing Member

There are reasons that he cleared waivers.

------------------
    Clutch Goons, Inc.

5. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

You're happy about getting Dante "Bionic Fat" Bichette?

He may be able to hit well in Fenway, but for your sake, I hope nobody hits anything to him if he is playing the outfield for the Sox!

Jimy W. better play him at DH exclusively!

------------------
    Bring It!!

6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

hey dude. What are you talking about? What math? I know the rotation is 5 pitchers, but Pedro would probably pitch twice in a first round series. Also, without Pedro on your team, there would be another guy pitching and you could win some of those games, the dynamic would change, etc,etc, so it isnt like you can just subtract Pedro's wins or Pedro's starts. A side point is that although it is a 5 man rotation, Pedro does nto pitch in EXACTLY 1/5 of the red sox's games. SO what kinda math do you want me to do exactly???

------------------
    Remember.... You are not really drunk until you must hold on to the grass to keep from falling off the earth.

7. Azim da Dream

Azim da Dream Member

Sorry to rain on your parade guys, but the Blue Jays are going come out nowhere and whoop both their overpaid a$$eS! [​IMG]

David Wells for Cy!

Azim da Dream

------------------
    We don't live for the destination. We live for the journey.
    http://www.clutchtown.com

[This message has been edited by Azim da Dream (edited September 01, 2000).]

8. RKMAN

RKMAN Member

Yanks, Sox, and Jays blow! Go 'Stros!!

------------------
    RKMAN

Proud believer of the 2001 World Champion Houston Astros.

9. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

The Yankees are still going to kick the Bo-Sox asses!!!

[​IMG]

[This message has been edited by RocketsPimp (edited September 01, 2000).]

10. Francis3

Francis3 Member

I use to hate the Red Sox but now im a big fan of Boston. I dont know why I like them, maybe because I like the jersey. [​IMG]

------------------
    "I talked about what degenerates they [Mets fans] were, and they proved me right. Just by saying something, I could make them mad enough to go home and slap their moms."

John Rocker