1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why?

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by RKMAN, Jul 27, 2000.

Tags:
  1. RKMAN

RKMAN Member

Why does everyone hate Jim Rome and his show? I like it. I agree with most of his comments...did he used to be a wrestler?

------------------
    RKMAN

President of the "Swoopes is the hottest woman in the WNBA" club.

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Yes. Used to wrestle under the name "Andre the Giant".

------------------
    Just shut up and post

3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I love Rome. He is cool. He is always supporting H-town, and gives some pretty accurate, although oppionated takes. Besides that, if your down with that culture, there is nothing funnier than some of the clones emails or when some drunk lady from Nevada calls in at 10:00 in the morning her time, makes a fool of herself, and the rest of the show is dominated by making fun of her. IT cracks me up man.

BTW, maybe this thread would get more responses if you refer to Rome in the title...instead of just-Why?

------------------
    When I die I want to go peacefully like my grandfather. Not screaming like the passengers in the back seat!

4. mrpaige

mrpaige Contributing Member

I have given Rome a chance, and his show just isn't my thing. It's just a taste issue, and I don't have anything against him or hiw show (and I can respect that s lot of other people do like his show and his style.)

Of course, it's not a big issue for me since I only hear him when I am in Houston or in Amarillo (two places I visit relatively frequently.) He's not on here in Dallas, to my knowledge.

------------------

5. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I used to love Rome...but the act gets old after a while.

He's usually a day late on accuracy of local stories that affect anyone but SoCal. His show tends to run towards Laker fans and Dodger fans...for obvious reasons.

But the best thing about his show is that he gets the best interviews in sports..no question about it.

I don't dislike the guy...it's just that the format got really old to me.

------------------

6. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Jim Rome is always a controversial topic here. There are things we all don't like about him, but for the most part the guy is right.

So what if he has "opinionated" takes.

EVERYONE'S take is opinionated!!

------------------
    "I've been licking this carpet for hours and I still don't feel like a lesbian!"

7. JayZ750

I agree that the format gets old sometimes, but seeing as work prevents me from hearing him most of the time, when I do its refreshing. as far as what he gets, t seems like pretty good info, until you realize it is all out there on the net much earlier. But to the average fan, it is good info.

One thing I always hated was that 610 replays his show at night. FOrtunately they are doing away with this coem august. Not that I get the chance to listen that often at that time of day, but does anybody know anything about the new guy theyre going to be starting. Is he good? --Unfortuantely, i dont remember his name right now.

------------------
    When I die I want to go peacefully like my grandfather. Not screaming like the passengers in the back seat!

8. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

I like sports, not sports entertainment. That is why I don't watch wrestling, and also why I don't listen to Jim Rome.

------------------
    Bring It!!

9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

10. JayZ750

Ok
    If you realize your doing it Iam fine with that. SOmetimes I do the same. Of course sometiems, it coems back to bite me, but you never know. Bash on good sir.

------------------

11. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

hey i listed to Rome for a while , Until JT the Brick came along

------------------
    President of the Rockets/Raiders Fan Club

12. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

13. JayZ750

Juan Valdez-

You say what everybody else says about Rome for about the first week or two of listening to him. You should give him a chance. Most likely youll come back to me with I just cant stand him and I know what I like and what I dont, but you should really try and have an open mind about things. Then, if you really dislike him, you can come back here and say what it is exactly you dont like, but dont tell me he represents everything you hate about sports when youve only listened to 45 seconds of him. You dont even know what he represents really. Just my opinion though. Certaily not everyone will like Rome, but I feel like if you have the ability to like him, youre really lucky, cause it is great SPorts ENTERTAINMENT!

------------------