1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hillary Clinton, John Edwards, Bill Richardson, or Ed Rendell : 2008 Democratic Nom.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Troy McClure, Nov 4, 2004.

?

Democratic Presidential Candidate in 08'

1. Senator Clinton (ny)

23 vote(s)
    32.9%
  2. Governor Richardson (nm)

6 vote(s)
    8.6%
  3. John Edwards

15 vote(s)
    21.4%
  4. Governor Rendell ( Penn. ?)

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  5. Other

25 vote(s)
    35.7%
  1. Cesar^Geronimo

Too bad Howard Dean sort of made a mockery of himself --- he was beginning to win me over

2. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

The Democratic Party needs to figure out how to encompass the majority. You still want to divide and conquer.

Hillary is the most divisive candidate imaginable, with the possible exception of her husband. And, please, I'm not talking qualifications or issues here, I'm talking about reality.

3. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Does anyone know anything about Mark Warner the gov of Georgia?

4. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

I heard earlier this week that Harry Reid had a really good shot. He's a senator from Nevada.

5. lalala902102001

I wouldn't bet on that...

6. wrath_of_khan

wrath_of_khan Contributing Member

Virginia, actually.

He was a mega-rich businessman -- made a fortune in cell phones or something. can't remember if he spent his own money on the election or not.

He was so pro-gun that he was able to prevent the NRA from endorsing the Republican; I think the NRA did a no-endorsement.

I don't know much about how he's done since taking office, though.

7. Saint Louis

Saint Louis Member

If you want a woman and a Dem from a Republican state, how about Jane Napolitano?

Or she might make a good VP for the ticket.

8. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

thanks wrath

9. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

where's Obama?

10. wrath_of_khan

wrath_of_khan Contributing Member

I think Jennifer Granholm of Michigan would be good, too -- except for that pesky "no foreign born" Presidents clause!

Not that MI is a GOP state, but it's looking like it's not a given for Democrats anymore.

11. thumbs

delete

#31 thumbs, Nov 5, 2004
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2004
  12. thumbs

I deleted this because I was telling a Richard Bryant story rather than a Harry Reid annecdote. My apologies for a dysfunctional memory.;)

13. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

I think the Dems should run Nancy Pelosi. She would be sure to ignite their base.

14. Strange Fruit

Strange Fruit Member

I didn't mean that the working class or the "ordinary, everyday people" strictly reside in the south and midwest. What I meant was that the dems need to find a messenger that can show the people in these red states, the people on election day who punch the ballot for republican, that that there's a little more to "moral values" than gays and abortion. I just don't think that another "liberal" in the north who has spent the last 10+ years in Washington is the one to do it.

15. Roxfan73

Roxfan73 Rookie

Oprah would win in a landslide. I don't know why dems haven't thought of this.