1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Emotional State

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Fegwu, Nov 1, 2004.

?

Election Day Emotional State?

1. Excited

18 vote(s)
    20.2%
  2. Nervous Reck

4 vote(s)
    4.5%
  3. Anxious

23 vote(s)
    25.8%
  4. Apathy

10 vote(s)
    11.2%
  5. Fear/Worry

12 vote(s)
    13.5%
  6. Damn you Redskins

5 vote(s)
    5.6%
  7. None of the above

17 vote(s)
    19.1%
  1. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Inevitable? Where do you get your info?

It won't surprise me, but I hardly consider it inevitable.

MSNBC had a thing this afternoon with 4 undecided voters that they have been talking to over a period of time: a female college student from Wisconsin, a male college student from Oregon, a black male personal trainer from Florida, and a young white Security Mom from ___.

With a drumroll they all announced their final choice for President:
    all except the male college student had decided to vote for Bush; the male college student was going to vote Libertarian.

Admittedly, it was a very small sample but it runs 100% contrary to expectations.

2. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

The way I feel now is exactly the way I felt in 2003 before Rice played Stanford in the final game of the College World Series. Victory was very near, although disaster was certainly possible. Adrenaline is high. Tomorrow will be exciting.

FOUR MORE YEARS

3. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I work for the big oil/gas company that runs this town. I still work down in Houston (for now) but I'm in B'ville this week for some training. Fun fun fun.

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Yes, it was.
    Fegwu, I know many of us are tense, and extremely caught up in the outcome of the election, and in all that has lead up to it. That's the case with me, and I've made a real effort to control some things I was very tempted to say to more than one member, on more than one occasion, because it just makes things tougher around here. So I understand the frustrations so many of us are feeling.

I have had Trader_J on ignore, the only member I've got there, for a while now, although I've been meaning to take him off of it. Regardless of what I think of his posting modus operandi, we are all working hard (well, most of us) to make this forum a more civil place to discuss all the issues of the day, or the issues of the past, in order to get more lurkers that read, but don't post, to go ahead and post, create some more diversity and opinions, more good discussion, and not feel like they just stepped hip deep into poo.

You're a much better poster than that, Fegwu. I think you owe Trader_J an apology, but that's just my opinion.

Keep D&D Civil!!
    It's better than it used to be!
    (uh, civil-wise, anyway ;)
    )

5. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Bit of a nervous wreck, myself. But I'm also confident. I'm flip-flopping.

Kerry will win, or it's Down Under again.

6. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Just fine. Waiting for the Win.

7. Isabel

Isabel Member

No matter what happens, I just hope and pray that everyone is able to accept it and move on. I know these are very polarizing times, but it's still sad that so many people think in terms of "my side" and "the other side". Hopefully everyone will imagine: OK, what if my guy does lose? How am I going to take it? Am I prepared for this? Am I going to be civil and move on?

I probably won't pay too much attention to the election returns, as I have other stuff I need to be doing. As we all know now, there's no guarantee of getting a winner on election night anyway. You might have to wait a few weeks. :)

8. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Go Rockets!

Is there some kind of election today or what?

9. Chance

Chance Contributing Member

I'm feeling tired. My son went to the ER last night right after I posted at midnight. (He's fine...pneumonia...got drugs to fix him) We got home at 5:30 when I posted next. I took a shower and was the fourth person in line at 6:05. I canceled out Batman Jones. So Ha! Now I am at work working on work. So I am tired.

10. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

wrong thread.

11. Chance

Who?

12. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Sorry I had a post that I intended for the election thread that I posted in this one on accident.

Carry on.

13. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

In the popular vote, yeah. In the electoral vote, not really. I'm in PA.

Glad your son's okay.

14. Chance

Thanks bro. Wow... I just realized you're in PA. Get some sleep and get all geared up to vote next Tuesday!;)

15. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

I thought I was supposed to vote today! Can't believe I have to wait a whole week! :mad:

Anyway, thanks for saving me a trip. :)