1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kerry: I was for politicizing OBL before I was against it.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by basso, Nov 1, 2004.

1. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

"I think it's unfortunate that anybody puts Osama bin Laden into any political context in the United States' election. I'm outraged that he has appeared. I'm outraged that he inserts himself in any kind of way into the electoral process of America."--John Kerry, interview with Peter Jennings, Oct. 31

"I regret that when George Bush had the opportunity in Afghanistan at Tora Bora, he didn't choose to use American forces to hunt down and kill Osama bin Laden. He outsourced the job to Afghan warlords. I would never have done that. I think it was an enormous mistake, and we're paying the price for that today."--John Kerry, reacting to the bin Laden videotape, Oct. 29

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There is a difference between politicizing OBL, and pointing out failures, especially when the other side is his highlighting its stance on terror.

IT would be ludicrous to think that Kerry won't point out mistakes this administration has made regarding the WOT while the current administration is talking about how important it is that they are re-elected because of their stance on the war on terror.

3. basso

Supporting Member

except, as is made abundantly clear here, the outsourcing jab is nonsense.

4. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I read that article and responded to it. The article a bunch of gunk. Whether or not it was technically outsourced isn't as important as the fact the troops were there, and So were some Al-Qaeda. The Al-Qaeda folks got away. It wasn't handled well.

5. basso

Supporting Member

and yet, the commanders on the ground would do it exactly the same way, if they had to do it all over again. do you know better than the deputy-commander of central command?

6. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I know better than to do it the exact same way again.

7. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Are you still going to be posting this crap after W gives his concession speech?

8. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

Are sure it's called a "concession speech" when you leave after two terms?

:)

9. basso

Supporting Member

maybe you should put your money where your cursor is and enlist?

10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

basso: "I am a message board spammer."

11. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

basso: "I beat up 12 disabled hookers today"

12. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Basso: I like to create misleading thread titles

13. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Seriously, basso, you need to work on your titles.

When you put...

Falwell: I Worship Satan

The thread should have a story where he ACTUALLY SAYS THAT. Your titles are not only misleading, they irritate people - something we could use less of in the D&D.

14. basso

Supporting Member

[Basso]: Ok.

15. sTWO

sTWO Member

basso,

I think most of the people here are liberal unfortunately, either that, or they want to give terrorism a chance and elect Kerry.

What you highlighted is just one of dozens of matters for which Kerry has flip-flopped in recent memory.

Tomorrow we'll have a clear choice between staying the course in the war on terror, or giving in to Bin Laden and his cronies by changing leaders in order to appease them.

Let's hope America makes the right decision.

16. RIET

RIET Contributing Member

Yes. Let's hope the country makes the right decision. A decision that benefits all Americans and not just socially conservative white men and the wealthy.

17. sTWO

sTWO Member

RIET,

To use old cliches about Republicans only being "socially conservative white men and wealthy" is flat out ignorant as well as misleading.

This president has the most minorities in his cabinet in history. This president has increased funding towards minority students' educational needs to record levels.
    This president has protected all Americans from terrorists striking again after 9/11.

Stop with the tired old cliches and class warfare - you're smarter than that.

18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Yes, tomorrow we face a clear choice, a choice between purging stupidity, incompetence, and arrogance in favor of accountablilty, and reelecting a satanic, child murdering, three time felon who pees sitting down and sucks the filling out of twinkies

Since we're just making random sh-t up I decided to take some license.

19. RIET

RIET Contributing Member

Really?

Look at the demographics. The maps do not lie.

The president's strongholds are the traditionally conservative south and midwest. It's not any clearer than that.

These are the same people who went to church on Sundays and protested desgregation on Mondays. His most loyal constituents are the former Dixiecrats.

The president and his token appointees mean nothing.

20. sTWO

sTWO Member

*Sigh*

Mr.Fisher obviously doesn't keep up with the news:

http://www.nypost.com/news/nationalnews/33124.htm

Bin Laden clearly threatens any state that votes for Bush.

To REIT:

So you're saying that since the majority of Bush's support comes from white people, those are the only ones he serves?

Your blanketed statements wreak of ignorance.

Btw, I'm glad you consider the Secretary of State and National Security Advisor "token appointees".