1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BobFinn's 2004 Fantasy Basketball League Draft

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Dr of Dunk, Oct 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

I've got a strong 5(minus The Alief Kid) and potential from there on out.

Im just hoping Rashard is able make it through the season, otherwise Rad-man is going to have to pick up alot of slack with minimal 0 fer 11 nights.

Jaric and Okur are my enigmas. Neither has gotten alot of PT in the past few years and will now be playing key roles on their respective teams. They have the potential to make or break my squad.

All in all, I think this was one of the most competitive drafts we've had. If I had to pick a winner now, I'd go with Behad's squad. His top 7 could be very strong if GP played like The Glove and not The Mitten.

2. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

If my rookie (Howard) plays big, Z stays healthy, and GP plays with a chip on his shoulder, I think my guys will stand up to anybody. I took Jalen Rose too soon, but he should be ok for me.

3. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

I like my team. There's not much I would do differently.

On paper, it seems to me like there is 5-6 pretty strong teams, but no real powerhouse ones. Some people started drafting crazy after round 4 or so. :D

4. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

I think I'm pretty happy overall. I hated my draft spot, but it could be a lot worse.

Phi, Crisco, and Behad all did good jobs, as previously stated. It'll be interesting to see how everything pans out. Lots of gambles that could turn the tide.

5. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

I like my first four picks. McGrady is one of the best players in the league, Carmelo is an all-star, and I think Jamison will play like a second-rounder now that he'll be getting good minutes again. Terry should also be a steady contributor. I wouldn't change any of these picks.

The overall success of my team, in my opinion, hinges on Okafor. If he has a productive year, then I like my chances as well as anyone else. If he underwhelms, then I'll be in trouble. If I had known that Camby would last until the 8th round, I would have taken Van Horn or Abdur-Rahim instead of Okafor, but hindsight is 20/20.

After these five players, I went with veterans who can still be productive. Sprewell should be solid if healthy and hopefully Brent Barry will put up good numbers (he was a 2nd round pick the year before the last). If Stackhouse returns to his career averages, then I'm a championship contender for sure, but since he's my tentative third flex guy, I only need him to be unspectacularly solid. I hope he's up to the task. Camby is a wonderful backup C and an excellent replacement plan if Okafor doesn't emerge, and I think that Brian Grant has a lot of upside in LA. I'm not happy with the Eric Snow and Derek Fisher picks, but meh.

My teams are usually competitive, and barring injury, I think I'll be in the hunt this year too. To me, the best other teams are (in no particular order):

PSJ (Outstanding draft... although a lot depends on Kidd. I'm not sold on Vince returning to elite status either. Excellent late round selections).

Behad (I'm not as ga-ga over this team as most of you seem to be, but it's solid. Bryant, Randolph, Rose and Payton were all good picks. I think taking Ilgauskas in the third was a huge mistake, as he's traditionally very fragile. Aside from Butler, I don't care much for the last seven picks at all).

Pimp (I don't know much about Okur or Jaric, but the first 7 picks were great. Christie was a nice late round selection if the foot is healthy).

Jent (As jent was picking, I kept thinking to myself that he was building himself a mediocre team, but I really like the final product. This squad is solid all the way through).

6. RocketsPimp

No Christie's on this team.

7. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Right you are. Christie was a jent selection.

8. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

i like Fade team, very tough, seems like he will be the one to beat

i like my team, solid, maybe not spectacular but be so inconsistent, but apparently after nobody else has mentioned them i am predicted to be sucky and maybe middle of the road at best

9. PhiSlammaJamma

Fade is always the team to beat. He finishes in the top 3 in every league. I don't know how he does it. I have one other friend just like that. Guys like this know something we don't. I cannot figure it out to save my life. But every year and in every league they are always at the top. I used to think it was just luck. But when you see it time and time again you know somethings up.

10. DarkHorse

This will be the first time I've ever played a points league, so that may have affected my draft. I'm used to playing categories. But looking at all the teams, I don't think I can really point to a team that did poorly in the draft.

I think it will be very competitive.

11. Heath

Heath Member

When I set a lineup it submits to week 2.

When is our deadline to set a lineup for week 1?

12. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Wow, I sure do have a lot more forwards than I thought I had. :D

13. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

Forward nazi!:p

14. RocketsPimp

Dern you Smeghetti, snatching and hiding 'Zo on your IR when he played last night. Not exactly injured wouldn't you say?

15. PhiSlammaJamma

I was tempted, but I saw Jason Collins had a better night anyway.

16. DarkHorse

So are we going to have a Regular Season/Smack Talking Thread, like we did in the baseball league?

It seems like this is just about the time to create that.

17. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Done. :)

I'll shut this one down... let's get the new thread rolling.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.