1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Destiny's Child booed in Philly.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Lil Francis, Jun 13, 2001.

1. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

My fault. Although a smile or rolling eyes would be nice.

------------------

I have seen much of the rest of the web. It is brutal and cruel and dark. CC.net is the light.

2. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You can't judge a group of people based on where they live. That's what people do in Russia.

[​IMG]

------------------
    CC.NET Sim League Web Page
    My Team (Sonics)

Feeling claustrophobic, like the walls are closing in.
    Blood stains on my hands, and I don't know where I've been.
    I'm in trouble for the things I haven't got to yet.
    I'm chomping at the bit, and my palms are getting wet.
    Sweating Bullets

Runnin', Ravin', Endin', Out.

3. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

At least Philly fans show a little life (and passion) at basketball, baseball and football games. Ever been to a Rocket home game? I once asked a guy selling beer where they kept the books, he asked what I meant, I told him I thought I was at the library.

------------------
    One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor.

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

and here I thought they were a cheap imitation of En vogue [ En vogue minus the actual singing ability]

Jeff - Do you think the musical talent is on par as years pass or are they the product of marketing, producers, and simple songwriting?

Rocket River

------------------

5. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Sorry Wakko67! [​IMG] [​IMG]

------------------
    "I'm not here to protect my reputation, I'm here to make my reputation! Mama Barkley didn't raise no chumps!" - Charles Barkley

6. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

That was the first time I ever heard/saw Destiny's Child (I live in a cave). And my God, they were bad. It isn't the sort of music I listen to anyway, plus the sound and lighting was very poorly done (as has been mentioned), but I still think they were bad. And it seemed like there was something particulary incongruous about having that kind of jiggling and prancing at a sporting event. I'm not objecting to the jiggling, it just seemed like the venue wasn't right.

------------------
    RealGM
    Gafford Art
    Artisan Cakes

7. rocketsfan

rocketsfan Member

OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH man and to think that I changed the channel during halftime of the game. That would have benn funny to see. [​IMG]

------------------
    take it one day at a time

8. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Uh, I don't like Philly fans much either, but I think they are good fans. Many times they go over the top, but the passion they have is ten times greater than your average rocks fans or laker fans, whom are fair weathered, trendy, and bandwagoners (not anyone here at CC.net though).

As for Destiny's Child, they can really sing. This ain't no backstreet boys lip syncing going on. Does anyone remember the MTV music awards when they did that impromtu at the presentation podium with Wyclef, or are y'all just old, don't watch MTV, and group DC along with hacks that y'all talk about in passing and don't really know about? It's just that some places, the sound don't go right, like when En Vouge was in HTown a few years back.

About the DAT system though, yeah it is funny. DC doesn't use that. Anyone see the simpsons episode where Bart, Nelson, Milhouse, and Ralph form the boy band? "Thank Youuuu, NASA." That was hilarious.

------------------
    "It's like when my mom told me that when you're in the bathroom, don't look left or right, look straight down. That's why I don't mess with anyone's business; I just try not to piss on myself."
    -Edgerrin James on his philosohpy of life

9. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

hey, me too!!!

i live in the cave off of Pine street.
    Which cave is yours, the one with the flowers on the front, or the one that reads "Welcome to our cave" over the front door?

Did you get a good deal, or are you going to have to refinance?

I was looking in my latest issue of "Monthly Cavedweller Magazine" and it gave alot of tips for winterizing your cave, and how to make your cave pet and child-safe!!!!

------------------
    fitter, happier more productive
    comfortable
    not drinking too much eating well (no more microwave dinners and saturated fats)
    sleeping well (no bad dreams)
    no paranoia
    fitter, healthier and more productive
    a pig
    in a cage
    on antibiotics

10. Toast

Toast Member

I think the people at the game weren't exactly Destiny's Child's target audience. Those people were probably all next door at the N'Sync show [​IMG]

I'm sure the tv audience for the most part loved them. I, for one, left during halftime to get some additional refreshments, so I didn't get to see the booing.

------------------
    Founding Father of the
    Refs Suck Club

11. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

The Party Posse episode was awesome. It would have been better had N'Sync not been guest starring.

There's trouble in a far off nation,
    Time to get in love formation,
    Your love is more deadly than Saddam,
    That's why I gotta drop DA BOMB!

yvan eht nioj
    yvan eht nioj
    yvan, eht nioj

------------------

12. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

"Boo-ylicious"

------------------

13. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Didn't these guys also cheer when Irvin was laying on the field ? I think Philly fans know of there "tough guy, hard to please" image, and sometimes cross the line to live up to it.

------------------
    "norm, would you like to buy an indian scalp ? This deal isn't gonna make or break me Norm, so don't jerk me around." Harry Carey "Norm, if I had a mohawk scalp, I wouldn't be sitting here talking to you."

14. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

I would have hate to see what they would of done if J.D. Drew had shown up lol [​IMG]

------------------
    President of the Steve Francis, Jamal Crawford,Larry Hughes, and Charles Woodson fan club.

15. wink3

wink3 Member

Sometimes life can be so fair. Way to go Philly Fans, maybe I won't have to hear that r****ded "Survivor" every time I turn on my radio.

------------------
    If you have nothing nice to say, say it anyway.

16. Smokey

What's the halftime tonight?

------------------

17. PinetreeFM60

PinetreeFM60 Member

I'm guessing, but it might be Kevin Eubanks eating a corn dog.

(He has a bet with Jay Leno. Kevin is a Sixers fan).

------------------

18. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

I didn't see the Destiny's Child act for the previous game, but there's no way it could have been any worse than those dudes who performed tonight.

*shudder*

------------------
    All hail Fadeaway's Cyberfish -- your 2000-2001 BobFinn* Fantasy Basketball League Champions!

19. Smokey

I didn't hear any boos for Sugar Ray tonight.

Did the introduction of the band by Pat Croce have anything to do with it? Also, no band members were wearing Lakers gear.

DC tried to be cute, and it just did not work.

------------------

20. PinetreeFM60

PinetreeFM60 Member

SugarRay's made one decent song, and, of course, they didn't sing it.

I thought it was amusing that they had Pat Croce introduce the band as damage control.

------------------