1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Krause gets some respect

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by gettinbranded, Jun 15, 2001.

1. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

The free-agent season doesn't open until July 1, but Jerry Krause already has one player committed to visiting the Bulls.

"You tell Jerry Krause that I guarantee a visit if he wants Eddie Robinson," said James Bryant, agent for the 6-9 small forward for the Charlotte Hornets.

Krause was told, but teams are prohibited from discussing free agents or setting up visits until July 1. It's safe to assume, though, that Krause has considered pursuing Robinson, who just finished his second season in Charlotte.

"The Bulls have a good organization, good management and the fans are terrific," Bryant said. "There's great tradition there."

Unsolicited...and whether ER ends up in a Bulls uni or not, it's safe to say that Chicago doesn't have the bad rep that everyone likes to think they have. Tim Hardaway said the same thing two weeks ago.

------------------

2. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

keep telling yourself that kid.

3. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

Thats a pretty weak reply. Didn't touch any facts or even my post at all.

------------------

4. Toast

Toast Member

Maybe the free agents are thinking they can get more money than they're worth in Chicago? Tim Hardaway has had 1 too many injuries in his career, and I don't think he has the skills he used to. If Chicago wants to pay him like a star, then they'll get him, 'cause no one else wants him!

------------------
    Founding Father of the
    Refs Suck Club

5. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

bskball.com today:

Also on deck for the Bulls is growing speculation that Tim Floyd may get his veteran leader this summer, as people near free agent Heat guard Tim Hardaway say he is considering a return trip to his hometown, namely and primarily because the Bulls are one of the few teams that could pay him anything close to what he's been making, and wouldn't "treat him like a broken toy".

Yup...it's the moolah...but it's something else too. See that?

------------------

6. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Chicago didn't have a problem getting free agents to visit,Tracy McGrady and Glen Rice visited last year. It's the signing part that's been the problem.

------------------

[This message has been edited by aelliott (edited June 15, 2001).]

7. Steve_Francis_rules

I wouldn't get too excited about this news. Eddie Robinson and that old man Tim Hardaway are far from being top tier free agents. They're even far from being Ron Mercer.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Steve_Francis_rules (edited June 15, 2001).]

8. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Lets see...

Bulls have a lot of cap room and no real marquee players want to sign there.

Players who arent real marquee type players want marquee player type money. ie Mercer, ERob, Hardaway.

Enter chicago. Respect has nothing to do with it.

------------------
    .,.·^*'´'|'\..........,.·^*'´¯¯¯'`*^·,...,/|'`*^·-,
    '|.......'|::\......,·'.....,.·:*:·,......'`i:'|.......|
    '|.......'|:::|.....;.......':,:::,:·.......';:|.......|
    '|.......|::;i - ·;i'`:,......¯¯.......,·´|::|.......|
    '|.......'´.......'|'i:::`*:~·.–·~^*'´: :'|::|.......'`*·-,
    '|........,.-:^:':'\:'`:;:: :: : : : :: ::;·'i::/`':^·.,......`'i
    '|..,.:'´:::::::::::'\| '`*^~·:–:·~^*'´..'|/:::::::::'`:^:., |
    '´:;:::::::::;:-·^*'´.....................`'*^·:;-.....:;·'
    ....`·;:·'´........................................'`^·:;·´

9. hitman21

hitman21 Member

WOW! Eddie Robinson and Tim Hardaway, do I smell a championship? Oh yeah, Krause deserves a lot for that. Good call.

------------------
    the best there is, the best there was, the best there ever will be.

10. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Who's Eddie Robinson?

------------------
    All hail Fadeaway's Cyberfish -- your 2000-2001 BobFinn* Fantasy Basketball League Champions!

11. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

fadeaway - you have over 1,300 posts and you ask who's ER? Pay attention, there might be a quiz. [​IMG]

He's a SF with tremendous athletic ability. Many posters here (myself included) have mentioned aquiring him. His (alleged) knock is that he lacks range, but he shot well in the playoffs.

------------------
    Raef to Rocks in '01-'02!

[This message has been edited by GATER (edited June 15, 2001).]

12. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

He's also like 42 years old. Way to go Chicago!

------------------
    When this guy started smoking 40 years ago, people had no idea it was bad for you. People had to guess based on the hacking cough, shortness of breath, and bloody phlegm

girl you looks good won't you mock that draft up?!

13. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Hardaway, Hardaway...hmmm...

OH YEAH!

Ahh, Penny? No. Anfernee? wait! That's the same guy.

[​IMG]

OH YEAH!

TIM Hardaway. The choker.

*cough*

------------------
    "They couldn't shoot, rebound, or pass, but other than that, they played great!"

-Bill Walton

14. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

Mercer didn't get marquee type money, though his play last year almost said he deserved it. E-Rob isn't expecting max money---just more than the 4.5 mil that Charlotte offered.
    And maybe timmie is after a one year big buck deal.

That I don't care about. It's on the court and the effect on the youngsters that I care about.

[​IMG]

------------------

15. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Sorry gettinbranded, it's nothing about respect, you're getting mercenaries looking for a paycheck. Where are the top notch FAs? I don't hear rumors of Webber, Patterson, Davis, Marc Jackson or anybody like that. The only rumors are of role players and broken down PGs. Krause has screwed up Chicago and it will take them awhile to shake off his stench.

------------------
    "I'm not here to protect my reputation, I'm here to make my reputation! Mama Barkley didn't raise no chumps!" - Charles Barkley

16. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

One thing I ask from this board:

we want as much as it has taken, or will take, the rockets to get back to the finals

Is that cool?

In any case---I'm not claiming the team is rebuilt---I'm claiming that we're not being avoided at all costs by FA's as claimed. Seems I've found some agreement there.

------------------

17. Toast

Toast Member

Well yeah. Tim Hardaway's not stupid enough to say, "I want to sign with Chicago because they'll pay me more than anyone else."

------------------
    Founding Father of the
    Refs Suck Club