1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rules..

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Iron McFist, Jun 14, 2001.

1. Iron McFist

Iron McFist Member

I've been following basketball for quite some time now, but most of the time, I watch it for the pure enjoyment, and not to get to know the rules and plays.

So, for now, I ask -

1) When a steal occurs when a Player A knocks the ball away, and Player B is able to gain possession of it (they are both on the same team), who is the steal credited to? I'm pretty sure it's B, but I'm not DEFINITE.

2) What the hell are team rebounds that I see on box scores?

------------------

2. Heath

Heath Member

I can give you team rebs, as I asked this question myself earlier.

As an example of a sure fire team rebound is when a player miss his first FT attempt a team rebound will occur as no player rebounds butthe ball is brought back to the FT shooter for another FT. (This only when there are more FTs of course)

You will also get team rebs if the ball goes out of bound after a shot.

------------------
    The CC.net NBA Sim Board/Homepage

3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Wow. Is this true? If so, that's news to me. [​IMG]

The easiest example of a team rebound for me is when you shoot a ball the shot misses, bounces off the floor and a guy from the opposing team runs it down.

------------------
    "Now it is more clear that it doesn't make sense." -- HeyPeeism at its convoluted best.

4. Heath

Heath Member

Just pay attention Center Court Live stats and then you will see that everytime someone miss a FT that is supposed to be followed by another FT you will see that they put up team rebound.

------------------

5. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

Heath is correct.

------------------
    "I always thought it was something that went around my house"
    - World B. Free on Defence

6. carlit0

carlit0 Member

In case one, player B gets the steal.

------------------
    "Instinctly u recognize things,now take advantage of what u just recognized!".. Hakeem..

7. Toast

Toast Member

The steal goes to the one who ends up with the ball, not necessarily the one who caused the turnover.

It's my understanding that if the ball hits the ground before being rebounded, it's considered a team rebound. Is that right?

------------------
    Founding Father of the
    Refs Suck Club

8. Heath

Heath Member

That is what I thought team rebs was earlier but I do think that it doesnt matter if the ball hits the ground. I'm not 100% sure though.

------------------

9. Toast

Toast Member

Yeah, but generally speaking, that's a good rule of thumb. If the ball goes out of bounds, or there's a foul ... they'd probably call it a team rebound as well.

------------------
    Founding Father of the
    Refs Suck Club