1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NLDS] Astros vs. Braves Games 1 & 2

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 4, 2004.

1. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

Well I'm right so far, now let's home the rest is right.

Pugs

2. Buck Turgidson

The woodwork creaks and out come the freaks.

F*ing p*****s.

3. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I've been waiting on that MadMax post to get everyone's head back on straight. LOL.

#1243 Surfguy, Oct 8, 2004
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2004
  4. mulletman

mulletman Member

call me superstitious, but i think everyone put the jinx on lidge. everyone kept talking about how unstoppable this guy is. hopefully, he got that 1 bad game out of his system.

i really like our chances too.

but with backe pitching game 3 and clemens going on 3 days rest for game 4, its a little scary.

i think it goes 5 games with the astros taking game 5 :)

5. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

Finally, a convert!

6. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

Who was more dominant, the Braves in game 2 (at home) or the Astros in game 1?

Answer that question and I think you'll come up with the series winner.

Stay optimistic.:)

7. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

not exactly..i'm not sure lane is a long-term solution..but his bat is hot right now, and he's playing well...it's a short series, so you gotta do what you gotta do.

8. slcrocket

slcrocket Contributing Member

Holy ****!!! You Houstonians love your Astros. I posted in this thread when it was back in page 2, and now it's at 42??? Wow.
    Going into this series, I was pretty sure Houston had the better team. After watching the first two games, I'm sure of it. However, Atlanta seems to be doing JUST enough to stay in it. It's important for Houston to take advantage of the opportunities that they have, because, judging by the first two games, Atlanta pitching has given them a LOT of opportunities.
    As for the Braves, I would have killed myself if Atlanta had lost yesterday. They had chances to take the lead in the eighth and the ninth, without capitalizing.
    All in all, this has been a very entertaining series to this point. While I hope the Braves can finally perform in the postseason, I wouldn't be too worried if I was a 'Stros fan (perish the thought :)).

GO BRAVES!!

9. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

slcrocket --

interesting points.

for all the valid criticism the astros received yesterday for not hitting or scoring runs, how many runners have the braves stranded in these 2 games. i can think of 4 times at least where they've had at least 2 men on with one out or less and not scored a run. very similar to the astros in previous astros/braves matchups.

10. redgoose

redgoose Contributing Member

18-0 at home
    18-0 at home
    18-0 at home
    18-0 at home
    18-0 at home
    18-0 at home
    18-0 at home
    18-0 at home

Get it? Got it? Good!:)