1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hamas attacks Israel: Yom Kippur War, 50 years on

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by basso, Oct 7, 2023.

1. K9Texan

K9Texan Member
    Supporting Member

9-C92-E618-E978-4-A36-8-F06-E1-A28-B2-E325-F.gif

2. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Nope, you didn't read or didn't understand my posts.
    People can care about whatever they want to care about.
    Peace seemed very possible when Israel completely withdrew from Gaza, this was long after Rabin and a year after Arafat died. Something happened after that to make it seem much less possible, what was that? Oh yeah, two decades of constant attacks.

#10202 StupidMoniker, May 15, 2024
    Last edited: May 15, 2024
  3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

What you wrote:

They are missing an obvious solution. Don't leave anyone in Gaza that will reform Hamas. Anyone that reforms Hamas is a terrorist and thus a legitimate target. Either there are millions of innocent Gazans that want to live in peace with Israel (this is what we are told, these are the innocent victims that are killed when Israel attacks Hamas), or there are not. If there are, great, they can form a peaceful government to run Gaza when Israel withdraws after killing Hamas. If that is a lie, and there are not millions of peace loving, innocent Gazans, then Israel is just killing Hamas and they should keep doing it until there is no one left.

What these people are telling you is that there are no innocent peaceful Gazans, there is just Hamas, and no matter how many members of Hamas are killed, the people left in Gaza will just stand up Hamas again to be the government. I think that is probably true, and Gaza is not full of innocent, peace-loving Arabs that want friendly relations with Israel. That's why the solution is and always has been for total victory be Israel and the resettlement of the Arabs in Gaza (and probably in the West Bank as well) around the world.

You literally said it is "probably true" that "there are no innocent peaceful Gazans", and the consequence of that is that "Israel is just killing Hamas and they should keep doing it until there is no one left". You end with the "obvious solution" of resettling millions of Palestinians around the world. Absent that option, what else is there other than your plan B "solution" of just killing them all?

I'm glad that you are now clarifying that you are not in fact a genocidal maniac, despite words suggesting otherwise. That is good to know.

4. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Events don't unfold in isolation; Israel is a key player in the dynamics. Consider two quick examples: the funding of Islamist extremists, intended to weaken the secular PLO, ultimately resulted in Hamas gaining control of Gaza and the incident on October 7th. The expansion of settlements fosters resentment and incites violence.

Nook, rocketsjudoka and Xopher like this.
  5. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Short-term wins by Israel would eventually lead to perpetual insurgency without a political solution. It is already beginning.

Hamas Shift to Guerrilla Tactics Raises Specter of Forever War for Israel
    The Islamist militant group is using hit-and-run tactics and smaller groups of fighters to show it can fight ‘for months, if not years’

https://www.wsj.com/world/middle-east/hamas-strategy-israel-war-0292d40c

Seven months into the war, Hamas is far from defeated, stoking fears in Israel that it is walking into a forever war.

Hamas' shift to guerrilla tactics could drag Israel into 'forever war'
    https://www.i24news.tv/en/news/isra...ctics-could-drag-israel-in-forever-war-report

Hamas' resilience is a strategic problem for the Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu who vowed to end the war only after the total destruction of the terrorist organization behind the October 7 attack, noted the report.

The group is said to be likely to survive regardless of the IDF choosing to proceed with the full-scale Rafah invasion or to abstain from it. WSJ highlighted Hamas' efficient use of "its network of tunnels, small cells of fighters and broad social influence to not only survive but to harry Israeli forces."

“Even if you erode the terror activity, still you have the societal structures, the sense of Islamic brotherhood, the ideological and religious elements,” the report quoted Maj. Gen. Tamir Hayman, a former head of Israeli military intelligence. “That’s not something that can be rooted out.”

6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree. Would you agree then it's rather silly for to be accusing "Leftists" on this site for being in league witih Hamas?
    There was also continued blockading of Gaza, and crippling of it's economy along with IDF incursions into Gaza every few years. Also the Likud government was tacitly supporting Hamas and other extremist groups over the more moderate Palestinian groups like the PA.

Nook likes this.
  7. astros123

astros123 Member

Hilarious how the israeli defense minister is repeating exactly what I said yesterday but the dipshit right wing turd @ROXRAN claimed i didn't know what I was talking about

#10207 astros123, May 15, 2024
    Nook likes this.
  8. astros123

astros123 Member

9. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Despicable behavior by unwelcome settlers.

10. astros123

astros123 Member

This is what happens in west bank every day. Palestinians are dying and getting assaulted for literally no reason. They have nothing to do with hamas

#10210 astros123, May 15, 2024
  11. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

Of course not. Zionist expansion would happen with or without resistance. It just is easier to justify when the resistance is Hamas, but it does not make it anymore just. But just or not, the Israelis have the might to make it right.

Sand’s book is interesting so far albeit quite heavy on the theory of the nationstate.

His thesis is also valid, the idea that modern Jews are direct descendants of the Israelites is a religious concept developed in the age of nationalism and not an actual historical one. Zionism was a theory in the age of nation states when Jewish inhabitants couldn’t become German or French or Russian despite being members of those communities because they practiced the wrong religion. The Jewish communities were a result of local conversion and not tribes of Israel as is canon in the Bible.

astros123 likes this.
  12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And ?
    From the river to sea is really
    From the gutter to the tunnel

if nobody rebuilds Gaza , even these lunatics would want toilets and air conditioning
    @AroundTheWorld
    @ROXRAN

ROXRAN likes this.
  13. HTM

HTM Member

It is a forever war. Hamas is waging an insurgency. The only proven ways I've seen to defeat an insurgency involve genocide adjacent activities. Which modern Western countries won't stand for.

And the insurgencies I'm thinking of weren't religiously/ethnically motivated really and when those are the motivating factors, defeating the insurgency becomes that much more difficult/impossible.

I mean, we've regularly seen these people willing to literally blow themselves up to kill their enemies...

So, we're going to have a forever war until those modern Western sentiments change in the future, and then we will get a genocide or something genocide adjacent.

14. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

"the incident"

ffs dude

tinman likes this.
  15. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Hilarious how you are are ding dong Biden lapdog dipsh.it f.uck face a.ss stink crusty diarrhea for brains mixed up "day after" comment ,... per the statement In uncompromising remarks, Gallant – whose firing last year by Netanyahu triggered mass protests, a political crisis and an eventual reversal by the PM – publicly demanded that Netanyahu describe plans for a “day-after plan” for Gaza.... that means AFTER Hamas is dealt with

Even someone not in Benjamin Netanyahu camp stated so - you otoh wanted some American society of magical negro type of movie nonsense where a government is done in the north absent of a "day after" so stop being a effing stupidity induced coma dog sh.it for brains pony soldier and know the difference between your as.s face and the toilet if that's possible !

16. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

@ROXRAN and @astros123 can you both tone down the personal jabs? You two disagree on issues, but you’re still united in your Rockets fandom.

AkeemTheDreem86 likes this.
  17. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Sensitive much and easily trigger

Terrorist incident.. better?

18. astros123

astros123 Member

I sincerely find it hilarious that you dipshit morons claim biden is a senile puppet but somehow the 78 year old obese guy falling asleep in court every day while telling business execs they can write executive orders hell sign is somehow not a puppet lolol. Your cult hero is literally telling folks he'll do whatever they want him to do if they pay enough but biden is the puppet lmao

I guarantee you that you wouldn't be talking smack to my face in person.

19. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Sorry, I've been stooping down to his level because he's low IQ - insults is all he knows But I need to resist the temptation to react to someone honking the car horn like an idiot ,... On a sidenote, I am completely for putting in a government after Hamas is dealt with but only after- I don't think Israel needs to necessarily have any territory control, but it needs to be a government that is willing to coexist with Israel after Hamas is cooked/flushed/destroyed at least in Gaza - that's the distinction

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  20. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

@ROXRAN can go drown in the shallow end of a public pool for all I care. He's not too bright and definitely not stable but I had to see what all the back and forth was about...and I ain't missed ****. He has wished death on people and celebrated it publicly on this forum in the past so it is what it is.