1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thanks Clutch for another great year here at cc.net

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by DaDakota, Apr 20, 2000.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Thank you Clutch and all the gang for making this website fun and interesting for us Rocket fans.

Be it the lottery, the latest Francis turnover issue, or Moochie's hair, this site is just great to visit.

As someone who is in the creative industry, I marvel at the professionalism you guys put into a site for free. Amazing, and if I ever get an internet startup going, you are going to be the web designers.

I have never met anyone here in person, though I consider some of you my friends.

Perhaps we can have a get together here in Austin for the Draft.

Now is the time for speculation and wonder, I for one look forward to the offseason here at CC.net

GREAT JOB GUYS !!!

DaDakota

"Normally I would say to buy Starlancer, but that would be a bit self serving"

[​IMG]

------------------

2. alaskansnowman

Yeah, I also gotta give Clutch and everybody else a thank you for makin this site so good. No matter what is going on, you all manage to make it fun, as well as giving us the latest scoops, etc.

Man I wonder what'll happen in the offseason. then we'll really have something to talk about!

------------------
    treasurer of the moochie norris fan club

3. wizard

wizard Member

Im so glad i find this site(luck). I couldnt believe there were so many dieharders out there who can relate. Great job administrators and Clutch. Looking foward to the draft....

------------------

4. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

Well, if I get a vote, we definitely won't be making a return trip to Houston for the draft... at least, not if it ends with a 4 AM time of arrival back in Austin. [​IMG]

I'm a wuss.

------------------
    Keep the Faith... Keep the Rockets.

5. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'll add my 2 cents for Clutch and the others:

This has been a pleasant find for me. It has added an extra element to following the Rockets. The site is extremely well done, from a technical and content standpoint.

It brought me in out of curiosity, kept me coming for its quality, and made me post because of its addictiveness. I never thought I would post regularly in any kind of site, and now here I am.

------------------
    rimbaud post-a-thon 2000

6. popeye

popeye Member

DaDakota:

You have said what probably should be said on a daily or weekly basis by all of us who use this (more than a mere fan) site. Thanks DD for your thoughts on our behalf.

Clutch and Guys:

I hope you know how much everyone appreciates all your efforts.

7. Dream34

Dream34 Contributing Member

Clutch and crew:

You have truly made being a Rocket fan that much better!!

Thank you for all your dedication and hard work. I know you probably spend many a late night updating this site, just so that we the fans of CC.net can get the full scoop the next morning!!

It is obvious that you and the fellow administrator's put alot of your time into this site (and trust me it shows!!!).

We the faithful fans of Clutchcity.net are forever in your debt!!!!

Keep up the AWESOME work!!!

------------------
    "There is Francis backpedaling at full speed to guard Seattle All-Star Gary Payton on a fast break and then leaping as if off a springboard to make a spectacular fingertip block on what appeared to be a sure layup."

8. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

Same thing here, clutch city is the best site on the web.

------------------
    THE DEAN HAS WRITTEN

[This message has been edited by DEANBCURTIS (edited April 24, 2000).]

9. sir scarvajal

sir scarvajal Member

I thought Clutch City was the only cite on this Web thing [​IMG]

Thanks to all the admin for running a great cite!!!

------------------

10. wgray

wgray Member

yea can't wate till next year

[This message has been edited by wgray (edited April 21, 2000).]

11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Uh Oh,

We have competing Draft Party sites. Personally, I'd love to travel to Austin to see my friends there, and you guys.

But, if we can find a place where our high schooler members can show (not a bar--restaurant or someones house), then I say stay in Houston for them. I got a lot of emails from people who wanted tickets but couldn't go on a school night. We can also combine this with a pick-up basketball game.

If Jeff cannot find a suitable spot (yes I'm naming you organizer--you might have to drop off the chat boards again to organize this effort), then Austin here I come.

Of course you know DaDakota, you are instantly nominated to organize the event in the event it is in Austin.

[This message has been edited by heypartner (edited April 21, 2000).]

12. Rocket101

Rocket101 Member

This is one of the best site's on the net and Clutch has done one hell of a job.

Now all it needs it a photo spread of the Rocket cheerleaders.

Make it interactive Clutch!!!!

[This message has been edited by Rocket101 (edited April 21, 2000).]

13. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

Clutch I have to thank you and the other admins and crew members for creating and maintaining such a great web page.

I never ceases to amaze me at how well this page is done, and the fact that it's all free!!!

This web page has truly enhanced my fanaticism for the Houston Rockets. Being able to talk to other knowledgeable fans (well some [​IMG]) is something I just couldn't find out in the real world. Every time someone would bring up the subject of the NBA or the Rockets they'd spew out only what they'd seen on ESPN or what NBC had brainwashed them into thinking. It got real old real fast. Here I can read opinions, real opinions, of other fans who, most of who, know what the hell they're talking about.

THANKS! [​IMG]

------------------
    I have a dream.........his name's Hakeem.

14. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

Props from me, too. As I posted in an earlier thread, this site has not only made me love the Rockets even more (if thats possible), it has made me a more informed sports fan.

Other than just enjoying this damn-fine site, I have learned a LOT from CC.net. I now have a better understanding of things like the CBA, salary caps, lottery positioning, etc that just wasn't there before.

Thanks to all for making me a more informed sports fan! I'm looking forward to making some noise next season.

------------------
    I need a new signature.

15. Elie#17

Elie#17 Contributing Member

Clutch & crew,

I've been following since 96 I believe, when I first needed something online to keep track with the rockets. Boxscores from NY times weren't doing the job for me. And manytimes boxscores were a day late because the Rockets played a latenight game. Then I came across CC97 on the internet. It was amazing! It's been incredibly insightful and it's something I'm proud to have as a die-hard Rocket Fan. As you already know, your fan base has grown and grown. The articles, the bbs, the statistics, the game recaps-- all original. That's so very impressive. By the quote you mention the Rockets official said, you can tell important people are taking notice. With the movements in SOR and CC.net- I congratulate Clutch and crew (Jeff, Brian..etc.) on an astounding year. Best wishes, and may the Rockets wreck the NBA in '00-'01!!!

p.s. Is there any other way we can spread CC.net's interest by having an advertisement done on the sports page or, an article at the start of the Rockets season? Sounds tough, but wouldn't it be incredible?
    Thanx.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Elie#17 (edited April 21, 2000).]

16. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Kudos to Clutch,Jeff,Will, and co.
    This site is fascinating to read and fun to be at. I would like to thank yall for all the hard work and dedication that goes into a site like this.
    While I'm on this rant...Thanks go out to the stat-meisters(you know who you are) and the other hard-core fans here for putting forth the well thought out posts,it really helps people like me who are to busy to scour the net for all the news about the Rox that is fit to print.With my schedule, I could NEVER find as much info as I can just by reading this site everyday!

------------------
    Tired of my sig...

Go Rockets
    Find us a front-court Please!!!!!!!!

17. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks everyone for the comments -- they really are appreciated. It was a fun season and I'm glad you enjoy the site. I meant to respond to this earlier but never got to it.... going to move it to the cc.net feedback area so I don't lose the comments....

Thanks again...

------------------
    NOTHING BUT .NET
    CLUTCHCITY.NET

18. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Thanks Clutch ,I've found your site back in 97 and was instantly hooked.Your hard work and dedication are truley appreciated.

Clutchcity.net is the best site on the web, all other's pale in comparison.

------------------