1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets 2024 Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Apr 14, 2024.

1. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Good lord.

2. Downtown Sniper

Only those self-respecting ones.

3. Downtown Sniper

There's nothing to get.

Just two brain dead individuals who are slaves to attention whoring.

Insanely pathetic.

NewAge likes this.
  4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Attention whoring you say?

BigMaloe likes this.
  5. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

"Look at that attention w****.

LOOK AT HIM!

LOOK AT ME TELLING YOU TO LOOK AT THAT ATTENTION w****!"

fchowd0311 likes this.
  6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Well folks... Stone and Fertitta might actually get what they were asking for with the whole "Star Hunting" bit.

Congratulations, you now how the chance to trade your best young future stars, and all of your draft capital for a Kevin Durant who will be paid 60 million dollars at 40 years old.

This is exhibit A. why the whole "Star Hunting" thing that teams that build through the draft then cash in on a big name is a cautionary tale.... a tale I really don't think Tillman is going to be very cautionary about.

What team would you rather have right now - The 2021 Phoenix Suns in 2024 or the 2024 Phoenix Suns in 2025??

The Rockets should NOT trade for Kevin Durant assuming the Suns entertain trading him... which they will ONLY do if a team like the Rockets guts their roster of young talent, and draft picks to get him. And KD is probably the best you'll maybe be able to get this Summer.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Tilly got burned by the Westbrook for CP3 deal, it just cost too much to deploy Russ as the micro ball Center......

I think he will be more careful.

RudyTBag, theDude and dobro1229 like this.
  8. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think you’re right. I saw a proposal that had them getting 4 firsts and a swap. But you are generally talking about picks in the 20s in those deals. And Booker is young enough that you could trade the other two and still rebuild around him, as long as he’s willing to stick around for it.

saleem likes this.
  9. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Its gonna be scary when OKC trades for Booker this off-season.

fckbandwagons likes this.
  10. Rokman

Rokman Member

Jalen, Brooks, Remaining BKN pick deal starting next year and I'll throw in Draya for free for Booker.

saleem, theDude and daywalker02 like this.
  11. jogo

jogo Member

I don't like Booker at all but I can see why some people might consider the trade. Two players, two pick swaps, and two Brooklyn picks for a 27 year old Booker that solves our problems at the SG.

BUT, 27 is past his prime and I think there's a bit dropoff at age 28 and 29 that just gets worse. Looking at different players by age, 25 is the peak for pretty much everyone and for some it's 23 or 24. The Booker you see in Phoenix (that I already don't like) will be worse next year and much worse the years after that. Pass.

fckbandwagons likes this.
  12. Prince_Hakeem

Prince_Hakeem Member

Not sure if anyone else already proposed the idea of trading for Trey Young, but personally I’d love it if the Rockets’ landed him.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  13. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Any particular reason why would Booker start dropping off at 28 and 29? Looking around the league many stars are still incredibly productive into their 30s. His running mate, Durant, is still going strong at 35 even after an Achilles tear.

RudyTBag likes this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

As the only team (or among 2 teams) getting swept, I would call it going semi-strong.....

MrButtocks and theDude like this.
  15. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think that’s a good deal for both sides. Phoenix is just going to have to come to the realization that the league is pushing for teams to build from within so that small markets can compete with the big boys. They were one of the last to try the super team before the rules changed. They need to bite the bullet and extract any value they can from this roster. Running it back again just means that they will get less back when they finally cash out.

Corrosion likes this.
  16. jogo

jogo Member

I don't have a particular reason why Booker would drop off. But I think 25 is the peak for most players and he's already two years past that. I think any player drops off after 25 and some drop off a lot. Booker looks strong at 26 and 27 but then again he is playing with Durant. If Booker comes to us or goes to another team without Durant I think that alone will lead to a drop. And Booker isn't your top player, he's a second best player. You put him on a team and tell him to be your top dog and I don't think he can do it.

17. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

25 could be a peak for players who's game is built on pure athleticism (think zion, ja, guys like that). Players who's game isn't just athleticism typically peak in the 28-30 range these days. Booker can't be the best player on a title team i don't think but if you have another legit star you can build around those 2.

18. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What is really true here? If Wemby is the 2nd best defender in the league, than why is @SamFisher so low on the Houston guy that went all Prima Nocta on him?

H-Town!!!

Wemby is a cringe-y dork... He could average 50PPG, and still be a cringe-y dork. Perfect Spur to take down over the next decade. Playing Houston is going to be hell. Jabari is going to get quicker and stronger on defense, and Alperen will too... With Amen and Tari coming soon, we have DUDES to throw at Wemby, no problem.

#418 RudyTBag, Apr 29, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2024
    cmoak1982, BamBam, Mathloom and 2 others like this.
  19. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Our guy loves the Hammer pants.

daywalker02 likes this.
  20. NewAge

NewAge Member

Did Tobias played himself down to the MLE level? I’d shoot my shot at 12:01 on free agent day with a full MLE and see what happens.