1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Presidents of Harvard, MIT, Penn, Columbia should be forced to resign

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AroundTheWorld, Dec 5, 2023.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

2. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

There is nothing "elite" about these pro-Hamas imbeciles.

tinman likes this.
  3. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

4. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Good to see the state and local police working in unison at UT-austin.

Deadline to disperse at Columbia U postponed another hour.

tinman likes this.
  5. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

The protesters call for divestment, not murder.

The encampment at Columbia is on a grassy lot near the center of the main campus, so it is not selectively blocking Jewish students.

These protesters aren't Nazis. Those playing the Nazi card weaken their argument and are clearly overreacting.

I don't think you understand American free speech. American free speech allows vile statements and even anti-Semitic statements (I happen to disagree with the American version, but that's beside the point).

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  7. tinman

Supporting Member

these kids should be cleaning up sewers in New Delhi or work at a rice farm in North Korea

@AroundTheWorld
    @Salvy
    @Commodore

Salvy likes this.
  8. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

Shouldn't this go in your trans thread of hate?

9. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

There is no hate. You can try to pretend there is, in order to discredit legitimate concerns about women's and children's rights, but that's transparent and obviously false.

ROXRAN, Salvy and tinman like this.
  10. tinman

Supporting Member

there's no such thing as Transgender's rights, it's women's rights and men's rights.

guys can't go to the women's bathroom and goes balls free

little boys and girls should not get their bodies turned into mutants with puberty blockers

this is anti-human

they don't do this to dogs

ROXRAN and Salvy like this.
  11. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

12. Salvy

Salvy Member

13. Salvy

Salvy Member

14. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

15. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I don’t often post in this forum, but I often find myself and a middle ground position in regards to some of the posters here that sometimes take up there more one-sided views.

My observations…

1. Could Israel have not been a little bit more careful or efficient in their response to October 7th. I really don’t care if they kill every single member of Hamas AND I know that in doing that there will undoubtedly be collateral damage. I am just wondering if there could’ve been less collateral damage and if this would’ve helped with the public narrative?

2. These pro Palestine protests really bother me because I just don’t think that these are people that were sympathetic to this cause on October 6th 2023. This kind of crap is very telling to the state of the student environments. This is the kind of crap that births Antifa or White Supremacy and it’s not really intellectually impressive.

3. Make these people, on both sides, takeoff their masks.

4. Go protest somewhere other than a university where you are damaging the education of the future of this country that you either love or hate so much. I think most of these people should be banned from SE campus for the rest of their lives. Let them go continue to take this **** up at community college.

5. I always think that anyone b****ing so crazily about America should be given the option of going back to their homeland. I personally don’t want to go back to Lufkin in the early 1800s or poor ass Ireland before that. I detest almost all of the politics in this country but I still believe in America is fundamentally a pretty decent place.

6. I support Israel but I’d love for them to wind down and try to regain clear moral superiority.

NIKEstrad, basso and AroundTheWorld like this.
  16. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

17. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

That girl looks hispanic.

18. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nacogdoches > Lufkin in the early 1800s.

generally, students, and Americans generally, should be allowed to protest. However, when those protests threaten or intimidate other Americans, then the protests should be contained. your rights end at my face.

college is a time of learning, and kids should learn the consequences of their actions.

AroundTheWorld and Salvy like this.
  19. Salvy

Salvy Member

@AroundTheWorld
    @tinman

Hamas would be disappointed and angry the only people that support them are lgbt or p*ssies.....

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  20. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Lol, ****in UT Dean Wormer:

Brian Davis, a spokesman for the university, said the organizers of the protest on Monday had made threats online over the weekend. On Monday, he said, the protesters “physically engaged with and verbally assaulted Dean of Students staff who attempted to confiscate” their tents. He added that “baseball size rocks” were found “strategically placed within the encampment.”.
    They found baseball sized rocks....on the ground... strategically placed

What a ****in dope - you should be fired from your job as spokesman if this is your kind of spoking.