1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WC 1st Round] (4) L.A Clippers Vs. (5) Dallas

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Mr. Dominant, Apr 17, 2024.

?

(4) L.A Clippers Vs. (5) Dallas

1. Clippers in 4

2. Clippers in 5

3. Clippers in 6

4. Clippers in 7

5. Mavericks in 4

6. Mavericks in 5

7. Mavericks in 6

8. Mavericks in 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. PeppermintCandy

Yeah that may be true, but that doesn't explain the rollercoaster performance he put on as a Sixer last year, with extreme highs and lows.

But I do agree with you that the lack of foul calls in the playoffs has plagued him, though I think he's done a better job adjusting to it in recent seasons.

2. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

3. Mr. Dominant

4. Mr. Dominant

5. Mr. Dominant

6. Mr. Dominant

7. PeppermintCandy

I was completely against the Rockets trading for him, but gotta say I'm enjoying this version of Westbrook.
    His play off the bench and his infectious intensity have been vital to this Clippers team.

NewAge, Rocket River and eliefor3 like this.
  8. Mr. Dominant

9. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

If you are expecting this version of Harden to carry you a championship you are in big trouble. He has clearly lost a step and isn't close to the player he was after the hamstring. So his performances are what I would expect. The games his shot is going in he will look great cuz that makes defender play up and he can drive somewhat. But if his threes aren't falling he can't really do anything anymore.

it's night day to watch this version versus peak Harden in Houston. Not even close to the same guy.

10. Mr. Dominant

11. Mr. Dominant

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They still have Kawhi and PG13 so this version of Big Shot Beard might suffice.

I would still take the Nuggets and Boston over them easily, and on some nights the Timberwolves but then nobody.

The Knicks will be a surprise team though......OKC has to prove it.

In the past 2 things were accurate, he gassed out and he did too much......might as well play team ball.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

14. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I think the nuggets are the favorite. After that who knows? I do think if the Clippers/Celtics finals and everyone is healthy the Clippers will win it all. I don't believe in Boston. Their record vs top teams isn't good. They just feasted on inferior eastern conference teams. If they were out West I dunno if they are even a top 4 seed.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think you are right that I do not trust Boston 100% but it is that 20% mistrust that is going to make them dangerous......

The starters have a Top 2 synergy stats and top net rating, their bench is underrated......shootingwise it is pretty good.

This is probably the one time I would say that the best team in the league is also somewhat the darkest of Playoff Horses.......because they were so inconsistent in the past.

16. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

A healthy Kawhi is key. Because a healthy Kawhi is so much better than Jayson Tatum which is why I side with Clippers. Clippers have enough fire power to match the Celtics. PG Harden and Russ all hungry for first ring.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am not a Tatum fan either but I do believe if Kawhi is not 100% Tatum is probably just needing 3 games to make this clear.

My favorite is Derrick White who is going to be a secondary/tertiary scorer down the stretch for them.

7-8 Lineups are dated, I still think a good rotation has got to be at least 9 to 10 deep in modern times.

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Imagine how he would act if he had to pass to PJ Tucker under the basket?

Rocket River

19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Why nobody talkin' bout Clippers better without Kawhi?

20. Jontro

Jontro Member

luka skywalking got them right where he wants them to be. now he can go for his gentleman's sweep