1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Uniform changes....

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Two Sandwiches, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Radricky

Radricky Member

What does old English font have to do with Houston?

cmoak1982, blackistan and ths balla like this.
  2. Slim

Slim Contributing Member

3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

It's funny to hear this take given that I'll bet if you got the Texans marketing/design wizards behind closed doors they would say that's exactly the vibe they were going for lol

cmoak1982 likes this.
  4. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Wow these discussions are going into a nefarious place. All this over a letter on a helmet? You guys havent even seen the whole uniform yet! Latino culture in Houston is nothing similar to Latino culture in Los Angeles why try to pass one off on the other? SMH. The beauty of Houston is how the diversity of the city uplifts one another. At the cigar lounge the other day I had the pleasure to sit and chat with an Indian businessman who told me that it was the first time in his life he had ever hung out with black people! He admitted to being intimidated, but by the end of the evening the guy was laughing and having what he claimed was one of his most fun interactions with a group of people that included damn near every culture you could think of. So much so the guy wants to move here. Crazy to try and pigeon hole this city.

5. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Don't get people being upset with the font. The previous font looks like it was taken from a poster template for an elementary school bake sale.

The font is unique and distinctive, everything that the Texans have never been. Old English font is on any number of things from street culture, Rice University, the print on my law degree, etc. It isn't exclusive to any one thing, but it is exclusive to 1 NFL team. I'll take that over the generic mess that their brand has been for 2 decades. It showcases that Houston is "cool," everything that Dallas isn't. I dig it.

6. ths balla

ths balla Member

Still do not understand where/how the old english font connects with anything Houston. It is trash compared to the Astros "H," any of these as a starting point would have been better imo...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

cmoak1982 likes this.
  7. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I took the initial survey that came out, but didn't make it into any of the focus groups... sorry, y'all!!

Two thoughts on the helmets:
    1) The battle red helmet they rolled out this year was universally loved, right? That's going away after just one year? If so, feels like a miss.
    2) That "H" helmet reminds me too much of the University of Hawaii and Hightower Hurricanes helmet with just the H. And yes, agree it looks too similar to the Rangers alternate logo. Is this payback for them copying MMP?

Shark44, Uprising, Houstunna and 2 others like this.
  8. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

Font aside, the "midnight" version of the bull is ****ing sick.

[​IMG]

9. Starvela

Starvela Contributing Member

Exactly how I feel…I wanted something different and I got it! I bet on the field, they are going to look even better…

10. ths balla

ths balla Member

Umm you completely missed the point.

But anyways, in what way does an old english H have anything to do with Houston?

cmoak1982 likes this.
  11. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

An "H" has a lot more to do with Houston than a bull IMO.

12. ths balla

ths balla Member

The irony is they were probably pandering to what they thought the "urban" community would like when coming up with design, hence the sideways cap and dog with chain.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Red helmets aren’t going away — (3) “midnight blue”/navy, the H one, and red

If you hate the “H” set, good news, it’ll probably only be worn 2-3 times per season (like the color rush)

red5rocket likes this.
  14. ths balla

ths balla Member

Logos I threw out there are an H within a bull which is the mascot

15. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

One thing I'm bummed about is how they put the "htown blue" on the helmet but not the jersey.

upload_2024-4-19_11-22-3.png

upload_2024-4-19_11-22-11.jpeg

Try to imagine that helmet on that jersey... looks odd, right? Am I crazy?

The numbers should be in the same color as the H.

16. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

I agree, I'm guessing this is where Tennessee was able to hold us back a bit. I do think the red will look a lot better in real life vs these pics that make it look almost orange.

17. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

True. The color is very wimpy and washed out because it's some dude taking a picture with his potato phone of a freaking TFT monitor lmao

18. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

This . Never knew clutch fans had so many intolerant members. I grew up with the culture so I don’t mind the design and can understand not everyone liking them but the amount of hate towards them is crazy to me. It’s literally just one of the designs and the subculture is definitely big enough in Houston to deserve its own take on the uniforms. (Who’s cares about if it’s popular nationwide it’s supposed to be for Houston fans) I mean it is supposed to be something for everyone isn’t it?

houstonstime likes this.
  19. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Looks like the H-Town is printed in H-Town Blue and the outlining of the numbers

20. Qan

Qan Member

Y'all will get use to it and buy all the merchs. It'll grow on y'all.

Blatz likes this.