1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeff Bagwell on commentary

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by VanityHalfBlack, Apr 13, 2024.

1. Buck Turgidson

Chuckie Carr was "feets don't fail me now"....****, ****, or was that Glen Barker?

I will murder the next person who says something about Danny Darwin.

Nook likes this.
  2. verse

verse Contributing Member

That wiry sumbitch was a badass ready to squabble at a moments notice...the embodiment of pitching with an attitude. We could use more of that in 2024, where hitters own the inner half of the plate.

Buck Turgidson and Nook like this.
  3. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

He drives me up a wall. On one hand I can kinda appreciate the positivity but the timing of it pisses me off to no end. Every other pitch talking about how the Astros are about to smoke [insert name of pitcher], Astros get shut out. Same thing with the pitchers. It’s toxic positivity and it’s infuriating when we play like ****, which I could be wrong but seems to happen way too often when he calls games.

One that still sticks in my mind is that stupid ****ing tigers game from like 2021 during the 11 game winning streak. Bags jinxed that squad up and down the lineup, got smoked by that **** team and the win streak went down in flames.

VanityHalfBlack and InTheGroove like this.
  4. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

And unlike us fans jinxing players... Bagwell being part of the team can still get into players' heads directly with the 'everything is fine' mentality

5. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

ok so I’m not alone on this? Good to know

lnchan likes this.
  6. Buck Turgidson

You were better off alone.