1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Clippers 4/14/2024

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 14, 2024.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

the disparity is so embarrassing and unfair

play-in PHX Suns would be a top 3 seed

NBA gotta do whatever it takes to figure out the logistics and make it the top 20 records

2. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

That was 18 points 11 rebounds 10 assist 3 steals 3 blocks. That would make anyone blush.

3. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

I see what you done there with no meme and the periods to avoid a copyright claim. You must have learned from the governor Tilman himself!

4. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Picsart_24-04-14_17-00-54-847.jpg

Tfor3, BigMaloe, Easy and 6 others like this.
  5. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Great Year Guys! See ya’ll at the Draft Selection….I believe we will have a top 5 selection draft pick….I believe!

6. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

good luck with that. "Hey would you like to buy this mortgage from me? Yeah, I paid twice what this house was worth, and, well ..."

7. MystikArkitect

Get rid of conferences already. Sick of having to play Silver's California goons 12x a year and losing the FT disparity every game. Also prefer 6 PM EST games vs 9 PM PST games.

Next year the Jazz, Spurs and Blazers will all be better. Pistons, Hornets, Hawks, Bulls, Nets and Heat will probably all suck.

8. Castian Crew

Castian Crew Member

Bucky7 and don grahamleone like this.
  9. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Jalen had 13 pts, 6 rebs and 3 assists on 5/14 shooting. I would say Cam had the better game.

ROXTXIA likes this.
  10. pippsux

pippsux Member

February was their undoing. Don’t know what was going on in the locker room, but they lost 9 of 12. There is your season, right there.

Bucky7, BigMaloe, ramotadab and 4 others like this.
  11. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

This game he did I agree, the numbers don't lie. We'll see how both develop on offense, playmaking, and especially defensively.

I would say Cam has a killer instinct and strength off the bat, Jalen has an electric first step and is faster. Cam also has Kobe like one versus three shot selection at times, but he's young, and that irrational confidence is what superstars have. If Jalen adds real strength and a killer mentality he could be better, but he has to show and prove that consistently.

If everyone hits, then it's Amen at PG, Jalen at SG, and Cam at SF, with Jabari and Sengun rounding things out. Tari is a wildcard and has the potential to be a star but we'll see in years to come. We'll see how things shake out in years going forward, good problems to have.

Rashmon, Bucky7 and don grahamleone like this.
  12. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

How much cap space ?

13. prs325

prs325 Member

Success season everybody
    Future is bright, it’s blinding

OremLK and don grahamleone like this.
  14. OremLK

OremLK Member

I kinda like there being two conferences with different cultures and different rivalries, and the finals being the winner of each. There have been so many great storylines over the years that came from having the same teams face each other in the playoffs over and over again.

IMO they just need to balance the conferences better--if they expand to Vegas & Seattle and move one of the top teams in the West (probably Minny) to the East that will do it.

No, it's not necessarily a permanent fix, but it can take a long time for new franchises to get up and running. And further expansions/changes can happen down the road as needed.

15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

If only racist Ime didn't hold him back! :mad:

daywalker02 and ramotadab like this.
  16. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Could the Rockets have won more games? Sure. But to finish 41-41 especially given the injuries and in a conference this loaded is a major achievement.

This will be a great foundation to build on next season. They could be in the 48-52 win range if they stay healthy and Jalen's March wasn't a fluke.

bro2044, Bucky7, B-Bob and 1 other person like this.
  17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I dont blame Jalen for Rockets missing the play-in. Silas was a truly awful coach. Jalen was struggling to pay the Silas Tax. He had no Idea how to hoop correctly.

Ime shouldn't have played tate so much to begin the season.

Rocket also played so hard out the gate they lost steam. Rockets were so good to begin with because they were playing really and it caught up with them.

daywalker02 likes this.
  18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

19. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I think another thing that hurt them after that 6-3 and 13-9 start was that they flat out sucked on the road for 3/4 of the season.

But they finished 9-3 on the road after starting 5-24. If they can carry that into next year and still be at least as good at home, then they easily win 5-10 more games.

DreamShook and B-Bob like this.
  20. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

What gets me (in a good way) is that Cam I Am suddenly discovered how to pass. That binary Y2K code (0, 1) usually appearing in the assists column became 4's and whatnot.

I know I harp on this a lot but if he can keep that going, along with Amen's improvement, then we came out of last year's draft okay.

Hank McDowell and Easy like this.