1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Oswalt for Cy Young...

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by AMS, Sep 8, 2004.

1. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Clemens will get more votes than Roy. If the Giants win the WC and Jason Schmidt wins out, he will get it. I think the Bucs Oliver Perez deserves some votes. That guy is pretty good.

2. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

3. zenmar

zenmar Member

Randy would win the cy young and barry will win the nl mvp because they have great stats this season (except for randys win). I wish the mvp would go to pujols this year.

4. Preston27

Preston27 Contributing Member

I think Roy and Roger's votes will cancel each other out.

5. sm0d

sm0d Contributing Member

I'm going to agree with everyone else on the whoever wins the wild card wins the cy young, but I think Roger deserves it over Roy. On the MVP topic, Barry Bonds has done better and deserves it... again.

6. zenmar

zenmar Member

I think barry would win the mvp but in case the voters get tired of barry winning the mvp and decides to give it to a cardinals then i hope pujols get it because i think he is consistently the 2nd best offensive player in the nl.

7. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

Barry definetly deserves it, but with the Balco controversy - and Bonds being a generally unlikeable figure I don't think there's a good chance of him winning the award - especially when the voters can give the award to a good story like Beltre or Rolen, or one of the next generation of superstars in Pujols. Seriously, the voters gave the Cy Young last year to a frickin' closer, anything's possible.

8. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

hopefully hitting 700 this close to the end of the season will give a little extra boost to bonds and the fact there are so many other contenders (3 on the cardinals and beltre) to split the votes should help make sure it goes to the actual deserving winner, bonds. i swear, if anyone other than him wins it selig should just overturn the vote and give it to him. he's so far ahead of everyone else it's ridiculous and the fact the giants have nearly scored as many runs as the cardinals with very little else in that lineup just further shows how Valuable he is.