1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why do Texans fans believe that Juice Scruggs is a quality lineman?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by K9Texan, Mar 31, 2024.

1. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I just dont see how Green outplays either Patterson or Scruggs for the last G spot. If he earns it with good play and a camp battle cool, but it cant just be a given.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  2. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I hope he does, just to not be a complete bust

Verbal Christ likes this.
  3. raining threes

Agreed. but I think Green will be the starting LG if he plays to his talent level and Patterson/Scruggs will fight it out for the C position. The loser will be a quality backup IOL. Everything has to be earned by Green though.

I could also see Caserio picking up a swing OT on the trade market late in camp like he did with Jones last yr.

4. vince

vince Member

Lol….

It’s a good board with a lot of passionate and knowledgeable fans. It’s got a few pretentious personalities too, but overall very fanatical based and most respectful tone on the internet. Boards been up since 1997, and I’ve been around for the entire time.

5. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Who do we think graded out an 8 ?

No Worries and A_3PO like this.
  6. Buck Turgidson

Don't talk about @B-Bob like that

raining threes and vince like this.
  7. Buck Turgidson

He better outplay them.

raining threes and Qan like this.
  8. vince

vince Member

I agree with you.

Texans all of a sudden have a plethora of talent all over the field. So no player should be getting playing time based on squatters right based on potential.

I want Green to reach his potential too, but wishing it so doesn’t make it become reality. There will be a battle for the starting guard positions. And Green needs to understand that the potential card goes rancid within 3 season….

9. raining threes

I just want to see Green healthy and let the battle begin, may the best man win.

vince, Qan and Sooty like this.
  10. K9Texan

K9Texan Member
    Supporting Member

I dropped in to read some posts on the draft and read your response. I try looking at following the Texans as something fun and an escape from reality. I understand that management permits others to call its new members "stupid" and "dumb". If I'm going to enjoy being a part of this community I must accept that I will be, without provocation, attacked and insulted and either ignore it or respond in-kind, I guess.

In the past week or so I've come across good content that I would have enjoyed sharing with y'all but other posters became offended when I did so previously and so I refrained. Is there anyone here that can review my content before I post so that I don't continue to offend other Texans fans with Texans content?

11. vince

vince Member

I fully understand having thoughts and ideas about your favorite team. Ideas seemingly ready to burst at the seams…. Writing them down with all the joy of a dedicated selfless fan, and to suddenly have overtly critical personalities begin to hyper analyze them with an electron microscope, ready to dissect them with nano technology and turning them into trivial gibberish. or so it feels… lol (many of us have been there too)

But this is an excellent platform to get amazing information Houston Sports related. I’m more of a reader, though I do tend to post stuff every once in a while when I have an idea too…

Though the board is picky when people to start new threads about every idea they have. Which makes sense because more often than not, that is already trending in one of the topics on a thread. It’s logical because if everyone started a thread with any idea they had, the board would get ruined in a big jumbled mess.

Hope to see you keep posting!

houstonstime and K9Texan like this.
  12. K9Texan

K9Texan Member
    Supporting Member

Thank you.

vince likes this.
  13. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Could you imagine if the number of threads in this forum routinely extended beyond the top half of the first page? Talk about complete chaos!

vince, houstonstime and K9Texan like this.
  14. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There were times I would have gladly talked about the details of Matt Stevens’ skills as a defensive back from early Texans lore if it meant that ridiculous Will Levis thread would drop off the main page.

vince, GOATuve, Sooty and 2 others like this.