1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ime Udoka on loss to Jazz: "Guys looked like they didn't want to play"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 11, 2024.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

the only guy with +12 while in the game while playing a game high 40 mins. yeah makes sense inexcusable.

yeah those shots should have gone to JG, oh wait. also to Brooks, oh wait.

Strawberry Gum and Patience like this.
  2. Yinka Dare

Yinka Dare Member

+/- are a good indication of how things went for that player, but they are not the end all be all of what actually happened. I'm not blaming the loss on VV, Jalen deserves to be criticized for his embarrasing play, Jabari and Brooks too, but i can't exclude VV. 12/30 is a travesty. He deserves blame too. The whole team is to blame for losing to the sorry Jazz.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

if you actually watched last nights game, you would know what FVV was doing giving the rockets big leads and maintaining their lead while he was on the floor. all while pretty much everyone next to him sucking outside 1 or 2 players. what you just said applies to someone who didn't even watch the game.

you trying to act like FVV was the problem is complete nonsense and shows the lack of of bball iq you have.

It isn't a travesty. it's just you not understanding how last nights game played out in its entirety when clearly you didn't watch from start to finish and trying to box score watch to form a valid conclusion.

rcketsfan1 likes this.
  4. Yinka Dare

Yinka Dare Member

I haven't once acted like VV is the problem. I'm just not excluding him from the blame. You are free to asume whatever you want.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

oh no you're not excluding him. What is FVV to do about that. i hope he isn't sad

classic CF's and there hot takes

6. MystikArkitect

Issue yesterday and the last couple of weeks has been that Jalen didnt come to play, Jabari didn't come to play and Dillon didn't come to play. Add FVV to that list of players who are seemingly inconsistent from game to game and you get....39-43. We cannot ride or die with Dillon/Jabari/FVV/Jalen Green again next year. It's like a roll of the dice.

Jalen shouldn't be a starter next year. Amen/FVV/Sengun should be the only guarantees. I'm much more concerned about this team moving forward than I was a month ago. And this is why.

[​IMG]

7. jim1961

jim1961 Member

[​IMG]

8. Yinka Dare

Yinka Dare Member

I don't get it. VV missed his final what? 11-13 shots? That's good to you? You all love ******** on every player but then take offense when i place some deserved blame on the player you like. That right there is the typical CF bs you're taling about.

The classic childish crap in that last post is gold btw. Good stuff.

Let's agree to disagree and not take part in an argument that's never going to end.

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

The Athletic just released their pre-postseason tiers
    Sengun & VanVleet in Tier 4A

https://theathletic.com/5399796/2024/04/11/nba-pre-postseason-player-tiers-zion-haliburton-gobert/

…with the end of the regular season almost upon us, now is a good time for a broader update, both because taking this view is very useful in terms of setting expectations heading into the postseason while also identifying players who have a lot to gain or lose over their upcoming playoff runs.

For details on the broad methodology, take a look at the intro pieces I’ve done as part of the full offseason rankings each of the last four years, but here’s a quick refresher:

• The tiers are intended to represent the players most useful toward winning a championship, and doing so in the next season or two. Thus, they are heavily playoff weighted in a way that penalizes some players (such as Domantas Sabonis) while benefiting others (Jimmy Butler, for example).

• The tiering is meant to be both age and contract agnostic. This is not an attempt at trade value rankings. To reiterate, being overpaid is not considered a sin in these tiers beyond the fact certain player archetypes who will be both heavily compensated but also likely see diminished value in the postseason are downgraded because that combination makes building a genuine contender around or even with them more difficult.

• I give players finishing their first year an upward adjustment based on the degree to which even productive rookies tend to be ineffective but often improve greatly by their second year in terms of helping their teams win minutes. Two of this year’s rookies (Chet Holmgren and Victor Wembanyama) have been legitimately impactful and thus are placed in Tiers 3 and above. Meanwhile, Brandon Miller has been both promising and has shown great improvement in Charlotte, landing him in Tier 4. When I do the full 125 player list this offseason, a few other rookies, such as Amen and Ausar Thompson, and Jamie Jacquez, will also appear.

• Beyond this “rookie bump,” I do not make any aging curve related adjustments up or down, other than the degree to which injuries or age appears to have already diminished a veteran player.

• Little differences matter lots at the top.

• The size of each tier is informed by past research suggesting the league’s hierarchy is reasonably stable in terms of shape. In most seasons, there are three to seven players at a Tier 1 level, corresponding to producing in accordance with the 35 percent “Supermax.” So the effort is made to have somewhere in that range of players in Tier 1. Tier 2 more or less rounds out the top 20. Tier 3 is the rest of the top 40-50, while Tier 4 is in the Top 75-80 range.

In this exercise, I cut Tier 4-plus off at the Top 80 players because who doesn’t like a nice round number? Of those 80 players, 67 were in last offseason’s top four tiers as well. Three of the new admittees are rookies, which means only 10 players have bumped up. So far.

https://theathletic.com/5400242/2024/04/12/nba-player-tiers-postseason-wembanyama-jokic-giannis/

“For starters, a consistent bit of feedback — and one I’ve gotten from multiple sources since the release of Tiers 3 and 4 — is the always difficult evaluation of which player is more valuable between an elite role player and a good-but-not-great primary or secondary creator. A senior analytics staffer within the league went so far as to argue they would prefer essentially the entirety of Tier 4A, largely made up of elite role players or connectors, over Tier 3B, which is made up of borderline All-Star primaries.”

TIER 1A
    Giannis Antetokounmpo
    Nikola Jokic

TIER 1B
    Stephen Curry
    Luka Dončić
    Kevin Durant
    Joel Embiid

TIER 2A
    Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
    LeBron James
    Kawhi Leonard
    Jayson Tatum

TIER 2B
    Devin Booker
    Jimmy Butler
    Anthony Edwards
    Victor Wembanyama

TIER 2C
    Bam Adebayo
    Jalen Brunson
    Anthony Davis
    De'Aaron Fox
    Paul George
    James Harden
    Donovan Mitchell
    Ja Morant
    Jamal Murray

TIER 3A
    Rudy Gobert
    Tyrese Haliburton
    Chet Holmgren
    Kyrie Irving
    Damian Lillard
    Zion Williamson
    Trae Young

TIER 3B
    Jaylen Brown
    DeMar DeRozan
    Jrue Holiday
    Lauri Markkanen
    Kristaps Porziņģis
    Pascal Siakam

TIER 3C
    Paolo Banchero
    Bradley Beal
    Brandon Ingram
    Tyrese Maxey
    Derrick White
    Jalen Williams

TIER 4A
    OG Anunoby
    Desmond Bane
    Scottie Barnes
    Mikal Bridges
    Darius Garland
    Aaron Gordon
    Draymond Green
    Jaren Jackson Jr.
    Brook Lopez
    CJ McCollum
    Khris Middleton
    Brandon Miller
    Evan Mobley
    Michael Porter Jr.
    Julius Randle
    Domantas Sabonis
    Alperen Şengün
    Fred VanVleet
    Franz Wagner

TIER 4B
    Jarrett Allen
    Herbert Jones
    Trey Murphy
    Dejounte Murray
    Karl-Anthony Towns
    Myles Turner

TIER 4C
    LaMelo Ball
    RJ Barrett
    Miles Bridges
    Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
    Alex Caruso
    Mike Conley
    Cade Cunningham
    Jerami Grant
    Josh Hart
    Tyler Herro
    Zach LaVine
    Malik Monk
    Immanuel Quickley

Patience, Holybats and daywalker02 like this.
  10. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Is this an uncomfortable truth?

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  11. YOLO

YOLO Member

it's sarcasm

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

you don't get it because you didn't even watch the game

no the typical bs i'm talking bout is folks trying to act like they know the full context in its entirety when they actually don't

13. Yinka Dare

Yinka Dare Member

Yeah yeah, whatever. Have a good day.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

15. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yeah I know, I'm poking fun at the "uncomfortable truth that the rockets are better without Sengun" that got discussed. Seems like Ime decided we were better last night without a certain player and maybe that's an uncomfortable truth.

AroundTheWorld and NewAge like this.
  16. YOLO

YOLO Member

The JG trade speculations will heat back up again if these last two games are trending this way. If they decide to sit him that's even worse

17. jim1961

jim1961 Member

The lions share of the discussion all off-season will be about Jalen Green.

I dont look forward to it :(

NewAge, daywalker02 and harold bingo like this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

@Jontro

19. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Remember when it was a travesty of the hater media to value Herb Jones over Jalen Green?

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Jalen to the Zhejiang Lions confirmed.

jim1961 likes this.