1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's the second half of the Lakers-Nuggets Game 5 -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Biden is no joke; will vote for him again

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, Jul 2, 2021.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

2. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Word on The Street is that billionaires are having trouble making ends meet and sure could use another tax break ... tens of millions per each billionaire.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

4. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

5. Salvy

Salvy Member

6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Bobby Kennedy looking better and better

tinman and basso like this.
  7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

8. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

AroundTheWorld and tinman like this.
  9. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

12. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

It’s very nice of Arizona Republicans to step up to the plate this week to help Joe’s reelection campaign.

Andre0087 likes this.
  13. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

tinman likes this.
  14. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Reading through this article, I can understand why @astros123 is always calling people idiots, brain dead americans, etc. I see the quotes from some of the people interviewed and they literally pin their hopes one individual rather than focusing on branches of government at every level (federal, state, local).

Let's highlight some of the quotes:

This individual has not been informed enough and she is likely surrounded by other ignorant people. The infrastructure bill, the additional stimulus bill (which also included the expansion of the child tax credit that helped many), the inflation reduction act, the investment in chip making that is bringing jobs to certain states, etc etc. I know he isn't perfect and hasn't been able to pass all his planned legislation due to the limitations of what he has to work with, but damn, how could you accuse him of not following through on any of his policies???!?! What about trying to forgive a ton of student loan debt, that would have impacted so many Americans, and even after SCOTUS killed that, he's still provided a ton of loan forgiveness.

I mean, what are these individuals expecting?!?!

You scroll down a little bit more and you get this:

Once again, inflation has been reduced since it hit a peak. Also, minimum wage, nothing Biden can do about this even though he supports it! Once again, ignorance, just do a little bit of research and find out why it hasn't happened. I believe she lives in Wisconsin where the Republicans have a hold of state congress, so even at a state level nothing that can be done.

What about this quote:

So lets ignore that Biden has been just as tough on immigration, despite a ton of asylum seekers coming to the borders. Let's also ignore that undocumented immigrants usually take jobs that the majority of Americans do not want (or will not even try to apply for) anyways. This is a load of horseshit coming from another ignorant voter.

-------------------------

This is the problem, individuals are not willing to do their homework and actually learn about their government. I've lost faith in people and their ability to process things. This administration certainly deserves criticism, but I dislike how much is exaggerated. Biden's power, despite trying to accomplish some things via executive order, is limited. Not sure what people expect. Too much faith is put in one position in this country when we aren't a dictatorship.

I don't expect people to have the level of knowledge like some posters here that seem to be able to keep with every corner of the world, but I do wish they were a little bit more proactive to actually be engaged and pay attention. Maybe the still disagree with the approach of our current administration at the end of the day, but I can have a little bit more respect if they actually had an informed opinion. The worst part, they either want to vote for a candidate that will likely hurt their interests (tax cuts to the rich, continue global trade wars that lead to increased prices, etc) or they want to vote for someone that has no realistic chance, yet takes away votes from the administration that has a better chance at helping them.

15. tinman

Supporting Member

16. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Unfortunately short attention spans and lack of knowledge of how government works isn’t a limited problem. Also yes inflation is an issue and frankly one that Biden can’t do much about directly.

One thing though that much of those comments point to is the power of shaping perception. This is why Trump has been such a masterful marketer without really being a
    Good businessman. It is something good politicians and conmen know instinctively.

It is difficult but not impossible to overcome that but it does take work and while these polls aren’t definitive they are something to be concerned about. This is where Biden does need to continue to be more active and one reason why I think he needs to point out how even WI Republican politicians who voted against the infrastructure project are celebrating them. If I was Biden’s WI campaign I would specifically be running ads of WI republicans celebrating the upgrading of the Superior bridge between MN and WI with the tagline “I DID THAT!”

17. tinman

Supporting Member

18. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

19. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

20. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How do you reconcile the high cost of education in the US vs more affordable college in Germany?

I'm not saying I agree with student debt forgiveness as proposed, but I don't think that the current path of American higher education is sustainable.

dmoneybangbang likes this.