1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hamas attacks Israel: Yom Kippur War, 50 years on

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by basso, Oct 7, 2023.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

IDF has murdered as well. The journalist and her family murdered by the IDF aren't big fans.

Murder is wrong when Hamas does it. Murder is wrong when the IDF does it.

I'm against murder when either side does it. There is no need to white wash either side's murders.

VooDooPope likes this.
  2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

There s no equivalence. Mistakes happen in war. The IDF does not, as an organization, target civilians. That's not organized murder. Hamas exists to kill Jews.

Do you agree with ChrisBosh that there is no difference between conservative posters and Hamas?

3. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

It was not a mistake. The IDF targeted the journalist and killed her. It wasn't even in combat. It was shown that there were no combatants in the area. The IDF intentionally targeted her and murdered her.

The incident happened long before Oct. 7th.

VooDooPope likes this.
  4. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

I did expect you to spew more garbage as your thick brain will not get it.

You and your type see things black and white. Because your brain capacity does not allow nuance or grey. When people like you are in serious difficulties you act like people like Hamas. You might not have committed murder rape or terror but it's people with your limited intelligence that end up doing this crap. Hence you are very much like Hamas.

5. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

"When the soldier made that decision, it was a blink of a decision," the official said. "The soldier did not intend to injure an Al Jazeera journalist or [journalist] from any other network."

"The soldier is sorry, and I am sorry. This was not supposed to happen and it should not happen. He did not do this on purpose," the official said. He did not name the soldier.

In Monday's briefing with reporters, the senior IDF official said the bullet that killed Abu Akleh was too badly damaged to be able to identify which gun fired it, the same conclusion a US-led forensic investigation came to.

However, the IDF has concluded that the soldier who likely fired the fatal shot was to the south of Abu Akleh in an armored military vehicle with limited range of sight, did not identify Abu Akleh as a journalist and thought he was shooting at militants.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2022/09/05/middleeast/idf-shireen-abu-akleh-investigation-intl

If you think you can manufacture some kind of equivalence between raping and murdering 1,400 civilians and this regrettable mistake, your moral compass is broken.

6. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Nothing you just wrote makes any sense.

7. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Again. Murder is wrong. The IDF initially tried to cover it up and claimed they thought it was combatants, then it was shown there was none in the area they stopped that narrative.

Hamas doesn't get a pass nor do they deserve one. They are without a doubt a murderous terrorist organization.

But the IDF has also murdered but not at the same scale. Hamas the terrorist organization are worse murderers than the IDF who is one of the top militaries in the world and part of an autonomous official state and allied nation of the US.

8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

21,000 Palestinian civilians have been murdered by the IDF according to the IDF.

You haven't answered my question. I linked polling data that shows that majority of Palestinian Christians are in fear of the IDF displacing them. Are Palestinian Christians now pro Hamas?

9. fchowd0311

This is just flat out wrong. Over the past 2 decades the IDF has killed 20x more civilians than Hamas.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  10. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Yes. They have always killed more civilians.

However, that is different than intentional murder. Two different things. Neither are okay.

11. fchowd0311

Nah. You don't whoospie your way into killing 20x more civilians than a terror organization.

You probably should read up on their AI targeting system lavender and the parameters for valid targets and what is considered "human shields".

Reporting explicitly shows that the criteria for targets is a low ranking Hamas militant equivalent of an e-3 in the US military being tracked to their homes that have women and children and targeting those homes. That's what the IDF means by "human shields". The fact that Hamas militants live in homes or residential units in towers.

For Hamas commanders the cut off threshold for acceptable civilian casualties is 300 civilian casualties per one Hamas commander. Again, the concept that a Hamas commander has a apartment unit he lives in is grounds for a "human shield".

According to Israeli logic of what a human shield is roughly 95% of Gazan infrastructure and buildings are valid targets.

12. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

We are in agreement that their killing the amount of civilians and lack of precaution is inexcusable. I'm not excusing it. They deserve blame and consequences for it. I didn't try and excuse it in any way.

I was talking about a different category.

13. fchowd0311

I think you are trying to portray this as accidents but based on carelessness due to not valuing civilian lives and I'm telling it's intentional ethnic cleansing under the most superficial guise because the state of Israel wants to make sure they still get those cool f35 6th generation fighters.

As in they don't want to be labeled a pariah state by the world hegomonic power, the US.

14. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Need to see more definitive proof.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  15. fchowd0311

That's fair. The case of intentional genocide and/or ethnic cleansing is one of the most grave and damning accusations one can make so I understand the hesitancy.

When it comes from people I know have the ability to empathize like you I can safely assume it's sincere speculation and not some attempt at trying to knee jerk defend Israel out of tribalism.

16. Nook

Nook Member

There are very few good “guys” in this. The people that are good are women and children.

Those fighting in the IDF or are Hamas are not good people.

Israel and Palestine have done a lot of bad things to each other.

peleincubus and DatRocketFan like this.
  17. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

Obviously you don't get it. All I am saying is that you are as dumb as Hamas members.

Hopefully, you can make sense of that :)

fchowd0311 likes this.
  18. Buck Turgidson

There are no Good Guys

VooDooPope and Nook like this.
  19. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

This sentence is so wrong, because once again, you are creating a false impression of moral equivalence. Hamas only exists to murder Jews. Its members are terrorists. "Those fighting in the IDF" are largely reservists with day jobs like you and me who would much rather be with their families or in their day job, but who do their tour of duty because of the existential threat Israel is under. I personally know two startup founders who have been called upon to serve after October 7. They are good people.

20. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

As I said, nothing you wrote makes any sense.