1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deshaun Watson to the BROWNS! Wow!

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by mario_v, Mar 18, 2022.

1. raining threes

I'm glad he's no longer on the team. Bad for the culture Ryans and Caserio are building.

ROCKSS likes this.
  2. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

Nobody will say, but it might have been the wacky weed use. It's so common in most states, but not generally legal for recreation in Texas. At least off campus in Austin.

3. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Yawn… you old folks need to calm down with the fear of weed.. it’s not some insane drug that just makes everyone worse at everything and some diabolical demon. It’s such a cop out to hate on someone..

Philip K. Nick and red5rocket like this.
  4. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

I've heard that crap for 60 years.Sure it can be used responsibly in theory. It's just never used that way. And if you're honest, you KNOW IT. I've never known a drug addict that didn't start with alcohol and weed. On second though, I'll add a prescription.

5. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

No one said anything about responsibly. But the idea that these guys who are athetically superior and work harder than probably everyone on this board getting the “he probably smokes weed which makes him suck” treatment from us coach potatoes is laughable..
    even if they are using weed irresponsibly, I doubt it has the demonic effect you think it does. But I digress, just suggesting you find actual facts to hate on someone and not just alluding to them being potheads so we should all write them off.

Philip K. Nick and red5rocket like this.
  6. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

I resent you lumping old folks together against weed. Please no broad generalizations when you want to debate someone else's position. Peace out brother! :cool:

Rashmon, ROCKSS and houstonstime like this.
  7. crose

crose Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Most drug addicts these days get started on prescription pain killers you ****ing moron. If weed wasn’t continually stigmatized by old white idiots, our reliance on pain killers would cease to exist. Do yourself a favor and google “cannabis running”, then get back to me about how bad weed is for your health.

Philip K. Nick and Blatz like this.
  8. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Haha I apologize!

Shark44 likes this.
  9. vince

vince Member

Not judging what people choose to do. But stuff like caffeine, nicotine, alcohol, and mar1juana are essentially gateway drugs. If a person has an addictive personality, it will get exposed upon consuming these substances, which all are legal or at least legal in a large portions of the US. Some folks can use these substances with no issues whatsoever, others will struggle.

Practicing caution with these items and being responsible is highly encouraged.

10. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Just to clarify, I agree with this completely. I wasn’t saying everyone should do it or can do it, just that we shouldn’t point to that any time we are trying to find faults with players.

11. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

Yea but there is such thing as the "functioning" alcoholics, druggies n what not. People who don't let that get in their way of life (work, family etc.). If anything Hopkins was a functioning pot-head then, because sure as hell didn't effect his job/performance.

12. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

Like I said, apologists for weed is a very old chorus. So is generational arrogance.

13. Kemahkeith

Kemahkeith Member
    Supporting Member

I don't know if I'm considered "Old Folk" but I'm 56. I live in NY and mar1juana has been legal her for 2 years now. I was never a weed dude back in the day, nor much of a drinker. I still don't smoke but I do take gummies a few times a week with a cocktail to take the edge off from work or just chill with my wife.

I do not see the gateway that others are seeing to heavier drugs. I think you are wired that way, or you are not. I can say all the soccer moms on the sidelines watching their children play are usually half in the bag or trying the pharmaceuticals readily available in the stands. They ARE the new "Mothers little helper" as the stones used to say. Thats the dance mom, soccer mom culture around here.

My wife and I are upper middle class, I guess. And that demographic seems to have embraced the "Gummies". I think once the stigma of the smell was out of the equation it became a convenient mood enhancer.

I can say it has to be treated as if you are drinking and need a DD or uber. or like most of our friends, they walk to our house.

14. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

heyyy heyyy heyyy, smoke weed everyday!

raining threes and red5rocket like this.
  15. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

I'm 33. Gummies and pens have really helped with the smell. Just like a blunt or joint, it just depends on how much each individual can intake. I prefer gummies and pens when I'm around others because there's not much of a smell, if any (pen). Plus, easier to prepare.

As far as gateway, I don't see it either. I've been smoking since about 16-17 and never had the urge to try anything else. Could be because I'm afraid of anything else but I'm good with where I'm at.

raining threes and houstonstime like this.
  16. Texanstradamus

Deshaun asking out was the best thing to ever happen to this franchise

17. Jay713

Jay713 Member

Deshaun and Nick building a dynasty.

Blatz likes this.
  18. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

I remember being so upset, and distraught when it became obvious we no longer had a QB. I thought he was good but turns out he was better than the crap we had. Stroud is so beyond good that we are in Super Bowl building mode. Thank you, Demeco for wanting to be here, Hannah (Cal for having Hannah) and CJ for being him.

houstonstime likes this.
  19. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

20. raining threes

Watso is and has always been about the lifestyle more than the game.

deb4rockets, cmoak1982 and Blatz like this.