1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Cam a punkass?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatBoyNick, Apr 9, 2024.

1. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

What video are you watching? There was no punch thrown.

2. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Cam is tough. He's got a chip on his shoulder and he stirs up ****, and he definitely will absolutely not back down from anyone, and I LOVE that mentality, but also gets that same look in his eye that KPJ did. He kinda looks like he could snap at any given moment.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Hold the horses right there, KPJ snapped off the court.........that is a major difference, I sure hope he at least restrict that to the court.

But yeah he has to get a grip even on court.

And KPJ has a problem with authority, and certain people that tell him what is off putting about him.

It is harder to put an AAU player with massive attitude/aggression problems into a tighter NBA team setting.

#23 daywalker02, Apr 9, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2024
  4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

[​IMG]

I wish I had a higher resolution to work with, but they replayed the clip a few times during the game and I thought it was clear Cam was ejected for punching Ingles in the side of the head. It wasn't some haymaker it was a soft pop, but a closed fist.

I mean that shows it, what do you call a throwing closed fist into someone's head?

roslolian and daywalker02 like this.
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

lol “punch”.

If cam wanted to actually punch him he would have

Strawberry Gum likes this.
  6. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Cmon that was weak. He did not punch him. He pushed him in the back. And his hand elevated a bit. There was no wind up or **** back to throw a punch. Barely even a tap

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Prodded his head with a closed fist for a few seconds.

AroundTheWorld and roslolian like this.
  8. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

If Cam was ejected for that... I imagine Draymond Green is serving a 40-year sentence in a maximum security prison.

9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

If one tries to invent terms like "prodded/pushed in the head with a fist" instead of admitting it was just a (soft/weak) punch, OK, but I think it's silly.

This feels like homerism to me, if the players were reversed in that action I'd imagine people would suddenly be less confused, less creative in terms, and less shocked at the ejection. I may be wrong though.

You aren't allowed to do that in the NBA it's an easy ejection IMO, the intentions were pretty clear with it coming directly after the chest-thumping match. Cam gave him a cheap shot.

10. maypk

maypk Member

I don't know if he's a punkass or not but you're delusional if you think this is a weak call.

11. PeppermintCandy

I do love his intensity, but I also think opposing players know he has bit of a short fuse and can get riled up.
    Some will intentionally try to get under his skin and keep him off his game. And I think Ingles was doing a bit of this.

12. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I see him as a WB type that has the world's largest chip on their shoulder, but I think that's fine.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You could easily name a severe intentional push as a potential ejection if the intention was to stir some shet up......

I see no homerism there.......from the looks of it. It is not like a real punch that could knock you out or cause a small cut or fracture even.

#33 daywalker02, Apr 10, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2024
  14. Good Times

Good Times Member

I would put Ingles up there right below the Draymonds of the world when it comes to playing dirty and using unnecessary force to incite reaction from opposing players. Sometimes you have to fight fire using fire especially when the refs are letting it go.

15. roslolian

roslolian Member

I agree. Bari got a suspension when his punch didn't even connect.

16. Ancient Moabite

More like Cam is badass ...no Boosie

Fearless

Next yr Mr per 36 will continue to shine

And mix it up if necessary

Ask Ingles

Tankeio and BaselineFade like this.
  17. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There are things I don't like about Cam. Attitude is not one of them.

Ancient Moabite and BaselineFade like this.
  18. RoyalGuard

RoyalGuard Member

Sigh…… smh……

19. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

After that inbound pass and Ingles pushing him, he should've pushed him back right away instead of waiting. Refs might've given a second double technical. If you're gonna do it anyway, do it in the same moment on the court. Don't delay retaliation in the replay era.

[​IMG]

Strawberry Gum likes this.
  20. CRocket82

CRocket82 Member

I don't think he's a punkass, but he's not exactly clever either. Not yet. After shoving back and forth with Ingles the whole time there, he shouldn't have done it again in the next situation. Whether you need to get ejected for that is another story.

don grahamleone likes this.