1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bucks fire Adrian Griffin

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Rockets34Legend, Jan 23, 2024.

1. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Something tells me Doc and his representation knew they had serious leverage knowing he was essentially all that was there that would appease Giannis and they capitalized.

2. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

Rich old white men know how to run that game and how the game goes.

Doc Rivers is very much part of the club.... and he made sure he closed the door behind him to keep the crumb chasers away.

Jontro likes this.
  3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Unless The Ownership has unlimited pockets. . . .they stuck with Doc at least for one more year

Rocket River

A_3PO likes this.
  4. Nook

Nook Member

If they want to, they can transition Doc to the front office or fire him. He is going to be owed $30,000,000. No one WANTS to eat that kind of money, but the Bucks can if they want to move on. The problem is that they are not owned by a single person, but like 10 people like Jaimie Dinan, Wes Edens and others.

Jontro likes this.
  5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

This is stating the obvious. The Bucks (thought they) had a championship roster and Doc was their only real option. It was either bring the Brinks truck or hire an interim and try again next year. In fairness to Doc, coming from the outside, halfway into the season, with very high expectations, with a mopey Dame who seems to hate the city and misses his children, I don't know who could have succeed (except Terry Stotts [Dame's former coach] who Griffin screamed off).

I don't blame Doc for becoming the poster child of recycled coaches. Since they offered $40 million, he's right for taking it.

Yes sir! The Bucks deserve the situation they put themselves in. The more I think about them hiring Adrian Griffin, the more stupid it seems. One very bad decision caused another one. LOL, it's a life lesson.

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Why did they get rid of Budenholzer?

AroundTheWorld and FLASH21 like this.
  7. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I just had the same thought, these guys sucked since he got fired after losing in the first round to the 8th seeded, and eventual EC champion, Heat.

They dumb.

AroundTheWorld and Easy like this.
  8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I can't recall exactly how the games against the Heat played out, but I do remember Bucks fans absolutely ripping Bud both during and after the series. Maybe the Bucks figured it was time for a change and thought it would be easy to find a great replacement.

EDIT: Bud's brother died suddenly and unexpectedly during the series and maybe that affected him.

AroundTheWorld, Easy and Jontro like this.
  9. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Giannis got injured in game 1 and was useless, plus miami just had insane shooting luck. Their bucks series and celts series are 2 of the luckiest series ever for a team shooting wise. Miami was garbage but insane luck can take you a long way

TexasTofu and FLASH21 like this.
  10. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

[​IMG]

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  11. jim1961

jim1961 Member

If two things happen tonight that should, Celtics beat Bucks, Magic beat Rockets, Bucks and Magic will be tied for the 2nd seed in the east.

After tonight, 2 of the Bucks remaining 3 games are vs the Magic. I think Bucks have a very good chance to fall to the 3rd seed.
    If the Cavs and Knicks finish strong, The Bucks could fall all the way to the 5th seed.

Go Doc go! :D

12. Jontro

Jontro Member

doc should take his talents to san antonio when pop rips. he already has a walk named after him there

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

If that happens . . . .

Rocket River

14. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I was wrong on both counts. Glad that I was regarding the Rockets though.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You do not need too, the Giannis Dame pick and roll does not seem to be as unstoppable and they have become an inconsistent team.

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Giannis injury now saves the season . . . .well for DOC
    They have an excuse now

Rocket River

jim1961 and A_3PO like this.