1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I have finally lost FAITH in Jalen, we need to trade him.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CHAMPBOY, Apr 6, 2024.

?

Should we trade Jalen this summer?

1. Yes! Trade Jalen and pick for Mikal Bridges

13 vote(s)
    12.3%
  2. No! Keep the team intact and Jalen will play better.

46 vote(s)
    43.4%
  3. Trade Jalen but for another STAR

47 vote(s)
    44.3%
  1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Green shot 47% from 3 on 11 shots per game for 8 games....as a 33% 3 point shooter.

That's basically the definition of a fluke.

Without that fluke hot shooting, there is no Linsanity type streak of 8 games.

If the basis for his performance was something more repeatable or sustainable, then you might be on to something, but a streaky shooter having a hot streak is barely noteworthy overall.

2. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Again words, no examples. I want EXAMPLES, and I gave you clear parameters. Under 25 years old who averaged 28+ PPG over 15 games who went on to have a poor career. If you're not giving examples, I don't want to hear it.

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Fair enough, I understand that you struggle to comprehend the meaning of words....but that is probably a fatal shortcoming when it comes to text based communication.....so most likely we should just end things here.

Enjoy the memories of Green's brief Linsanity.

4. Houston77

Supporting Member

Words, no examples.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, don't be afraid of it

[​IMG]

6. Houston77

Supporting Member

A picture, and still no example.

7. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Ok... Well how many of his turnovers were out of the double team? When he was "forced"? Weren't most on plays where he was trying to do too much on a drive? Obviously that's still something he's learning. People around here have gave time to dudes to learn those skills a LOT longer no??? JG has been much better in that respect in a much shorter amount of time. If they hadn't wasted time on the project, he'd be ahead of schedule. Especially under Ime.

Rocketeer and fchowd0311 like this.
  8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Keep in mind as soon as the Rockets doubled and trapped Luka, he made the same exact mistakes Jalen did in terms of passes out of the double being deflected.

Ancient Moabite and Believe It! like this.
  9. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

My biggest issue with Amen is that him learning how to shoot is a lot more unlikely than people think, at least historically. Is there any example of a player learning how to shoot that was as bad of a shooter as Amen? Lonzo Ball is the only one that comes to mind...but even then he was a really good shooter in college, and was a "shooter" his entire pre-NBA life. So I don't really think that's the same. Amen learning how to shoot would be a historical outlier. He would be the first player in NBA history to do it.

10. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Not straight up but I would package him for someone like that is what I meant to say.

No Worries likes this.
  11. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I am unsure what trade value Jalen Green currently has. There might be some buy-low interests. Playoff teams might be very wary of trading for JG4 ... given the minuses that come his pluses.

As I have said before, I think the only trade that the Rockets will find is for another high draft pick who could use a change of address ... which is definitionally not a star.

12. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Jason kidd

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Kid, I'm talking about a strategy that has been used on him for 3 years now....and it has largely worked except for one hot streak where he shot 47% from 3....something he'll likely never do again.

This isn't anything new.

The only things different about his play during the 8 game hot streak and what he's been all season was that during that brief stretch, he could shoot....now he's back to the old Jalen that can't.

If his hot streak was based on something repeatable, something that indicated growth as a player, that would be different. Instead, it was just fluke ridiculously hot shooting for a brief time.

Since before he was drafted he was known as a streaky rather than good shooter, and he's still a streaky rather than good shooter. His defense has made strides this season, which is encouraging.....but at the end of the day he's still a shooting guard that can't shoot who shoots too much and has a weak handle.

We'll give him another half of a season to show he's become more than that....but there's not much reason for optimism right now.

14. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Kidd’s rookie season was 27.2% on 3.3 attempts per game.
    Thompson right now is 14.3% on 1 attempt per game.

Thompson becoming a passable 3 point shooter would blow Jason Kidds transformation away.

No Worries likes this.
  15. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Oh you'll give him another half a season.... ???

Bahahahahahahaha!

16. rhino17

rhino17 Member

What superstar is available exactly?

I’ll take the 21 year old you has shown potential over any fringe all-star/role player

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Oh, I forgot the type of person I was talking to....I need to spell things out for you as if I'm talking to a child.

When I say "I'll give him another season", what is meant is that I am advocating for the team to not trade him right now, rather to see how he performs in the first half of next season to see if he can finally put things together. If he's still the same guy he's always been, I'd advocate for dumping him or benching him at that point.

Hopefully that clears things up for you because I don't know of a more simple way of putting things.

I do forget that I need to help out some of our friends that have specific needs outside the norm.

18. Ancient Moabite

I would just say take a deep breath, sit outside on your device and Google research the list of HS players to NBA and outside of a few you will realize the trajectory of those types

But mainly focus on their second and third seasons and you won't be using no silly 3rd yr leap, unless he did two-three years of NCAA and now this being his third NBA season, you would have way more weight to this convo

They usually take off year 4 and forward

So Green is actually ahead because I expected his march month to be next year.....and the silly good to great games against only bad teams is a facade because he played good games against playoff/contender squads, they may have lost which of course downplays whatever you did for losing team

If Udoka wants him back he will be, if he doesn't then you may get your wish

But I feel Tilman (final boss) wants to at least see until next trade deadline or even full season

You just hope that a young player who played a month at MVP level can at least give you Two months per season and his past 30-35 game stretch for other games going forward

He does that or even better .....the rockets go from playin hopeful to possible top 6 seed run next season

Especially since their off-season will consist of getting their other youngn who was all star worthy this season(AS)

Go Rockets....and go away fairweather knee jerk internet GM fanatics

Sincerely

19. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

More funny stuff.

If they let him go today for nothing, you and your like would be blowing up the forum. You'd probably shut it down. When hes playing well, half of you (especially you and the other dumb dumb) disappear. The other half momentarily jumps on the wagon.

#179 Believe It!, Apr 8, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2024
  20. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Not worth it

#180 Believe It!, Apr 8, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2024