1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I have finally lost FAITH in Jalen, we need to trade him.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CHAMPBOY, Apr 6, 2024.

?

Should we trade Jalen this summer?

1. Yes! Trade Jalen and pick for Mikal Bridges

13 vote(s)
    12.3%
  2. No! Keep the team intact and Jalen will play better.

46 vote(s)
    43.4%
  3. Trade Jalen but for another STAR

47 vote(s)
    44.3%
  1. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

And we saw that during the streak. I have always said FVV takes away from Green as a playmaker and scorer. You can’t be the alpha dog SG when your PG gets the most touches every game. Bane compliments Ja not the other way around. As does Fisher to Kobe. The Rockets style is a bit odd considering most teams it seems keep the ball in the hands of their best scorers and playmakers.

jcmoon and Carpe82 like this.
  2. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I take your point, but with Sengun and Amen looking like all star prospects, leaning into a shooting guard who doesn’t shoot well doesn’t seem like a good fit. I’m good with riding it out with Jalen and hoping the shot materializes, but if he can’t shoot I don’t think he’s a good fit with the other key core guys.

HardenReturns and daywalker02 like this.
  3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Amen hasn't shown much with the ball in his hands in a half court set.

Green and Sengun are head and shoulders above the rest of the core when it comes to playmaking from self creation. There is a significant gap between those two and the rest of the core when it comes to that and that is why most see those two with the highest star ceiling.

jcmoon, Rocketeer and Carpe82 like this.
  4. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

If anything Amen needs to develop either 3 pt game or 15 ft jumper. He can be that tough nosed PG that can compliment Jalen. Im very interested in seeing how this would work in the future. I would like to see Jalen shoot better but my point is it’s not the end all be all for him as a player.

No Worries likes this.
  5. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

I can see Amen being the pg of the future for this team post FVV. I love Fred but really don’t think he is it for this team. Amen can play a supporting role deferring to Green while having playmaking ability and I think it’s imperative that he develops a 3 ball to stretch defenses. If not then at least a 15 ft jumper and 8-10 ft floater game. He is just too limited right now. But sky’s the limit

fchowd0311 likes this.
  6. fchowd0311

I mean he has to significantly work on his handle. Green gives hope there because Green's hande was not nearly as tight as it is today compared to his rookie year. Green now is comfortable will press defenses hounding him.

Stephen_A likes this.
  7. Yinka Dare

Yinka Dare Member

I read someone earlier say Whitmore, the guy who can't dribble and has no interest in doing anything except shooting the ball, will be our best player in 3 years. Now i read Amen looks like a future all star but Green doesn't. I'm starting a petition to change ClutchFans to CasualFans.

Rocketeer and Stephen_A like this.
  8. fchowd0311

How does Amen look like a future star and Green doesn't? That also is as unhinged.

Amen has the same dribbling issue as Cam. They don't do much with the ball in their hands in a half court set defense.

What separates Amen from Cam is he doesn't have tunnel vision and shows all first team defensive potential.

#88 fchowd0311, Apr 7, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2024
  9. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

I really don’t get the fascination with Cam. He makes a lot of mistakes and his awareness on both ends is very poor. I didn’t get why Ime played him immediately when he came back when the Tate 10-12 min a game was working. He ended up hurting us in a lot of those games and the offense flowed differently. Not his fault completely.

He played much better today but still a lot of just not intelligent plays like that TO fast break where he was once again focused with blinders on scoring despite the lane being packed leading to a charge. I thought that play changed the momentum of the game. these types of things change the whole game. Then he didn’t run back with poor body language after a Rocket TO. He needs to learn to play within the flow of the offense and look to make plays not just score with better awareness and effort on both ends

10. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Go and have a look at what Bridges has been doing lately..................16 games since All-Star Break 16ppg on 40 per cent shooting

Jalen's last 10 games 28-7-5 on 47-36-80 shooting. He is improving his all-around game all the time.

Jalen is only going to get better and is only 22

The 3rd year is the year….you are what you are!.........what a stupid statement that is. Lauri Markennen went from 18.7 to 14.7 ppg in his third year. now he is one if the best forwards in the league.

Jalen is just growing into his body and you can see his improvements. He has improved his rebounding as well and passing

Carpe82 and Rocketeer like this.
  11. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

He has highlight dunks......it's all about the dunks. He is a flatout shooter

HardenReturns likes this.
  12. fchowd0311

I mean he's shown enough to be seen as promising young prospect. He already stretches the floor at 19 with consistent shooting and is a one man wrecking crew in transition. But he has to significantly improve on every other aspect of the game by a lot.

Stephen_A likes this.
  13. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Green does look like a future star. People just don't want to wait for him to pur on muscle on his body

14. fchowd0311

Ya. He has shown increased strength also this year with his ability to handle defensive pressure without loosing the ball. Exum hounded him on presses and still had a tight handle and was able to collapse the defense by punishing presses. He wasn't able to do that his first two years.

Stephen_A likes this.
  15. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

it is different when you are a starter

His scouting report was that he doesn't like to pass............we can now see it

Stephen_A likes this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

A star who is mostly showing up for 2 quarters instead of 4 is not cutting it in this league long term......

I have rarely seen a player who just disappeared in scoring like that.......

HardenReturns likes this.
  17. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Exum is a prime example of a player that can improve once they get older. He was a top 5 pick. Injuries killed his chances but he has worked hard to become a big piece off the bench for the Mavs.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  18. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

You just have no patience. Some of you treated Harden like this if he didn't drop 40 every night. Some people just can't enjoy having nice things and would rather complain all the time. Superstars pick and choose their moments to impact a game.

Stephen_A likes this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Hard to say patience when I strictly said I never wanted him in the Draft.

I have tolerated a lot of his stuff and never yelled to trade him, that is enough patience for me...lol.

There is a place for him in the NBA but the Rockets are not a great Front Office to make it happen because they have a lot of flawed players like Jalen so this is probably not going to happen for a while.

Kudos to Ime and the team for a Great 1st Quarter but that was all.....story of the whole season, only two months of the season were good.

20. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

then that’s a reflection of the team and franchise I would say. There’s something to be said about these collapses the last 2 years. Does any other team in the league have this many issues in terms of closing out games or even FT’s? There’s some psychological issue here.

fchowd0311 likes this.