1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I have finally lost FAITH in Jalen, we need to trade him.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CHAMPBOY, Apr 6, 2024.

?

Should we trade Jalen this summer?

1. Yes! Trade Jalen and pick for Mikal Bridges

13 vote(s)
    12.3%
  2. No! Keep the team intact and Jalen will play better.

46 vote(s)
    43.4%
  3. Trade Jalen but for another STAR

47 vote(s)
    44.3%
  1. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

The magical month of March was Jalen Green’s “one magic moment”. Everybody thought he turned the corner and HE DID against bad teams in the month of March. I notice statistically, we played very well against bad teams and play bad against good teams this year. His current Field Goal % and Three Point % is lower than his rookie year. Yes, he can average almost 20 points a game but he is very inefficient if the ball is in his hands or not. The 3rd year is the year….you are what you are! He has been inconsistent his last three years and his third year was inconsistent. He is very good being consistent of being a inconsistent shooter. We need a better shooter on this team, we need a consistent outside shooter with Sengun. We need to trade Jalen and picks for Mikal Bridges. Bridges have a nice contract(20 million) and is a career efficient shooter. Sengun has improved in his 3rd year and Jabari has vastly improved this year as well. Jabari’s Field Goal % has improved last year from 40.8% to 45.4% and his Three Point % improved from 30.7% to 36.4% from last year. Rebounding? He had 7.2 rebounds last year to 8.2 rebounds this year.

We have a lot of talent on this team but we need to make decisions this summer to improve our team.

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

3. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Delete Thread

Ramo$e, topfive, Sooty and 4 others like this.
  4. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

QUICK

Ramo$e, Dankstronaut and Dobbizzle like this.
  5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sheesh. That was quick…

Give the guy an off-season. Progress is being made!

Ramo$e, topfive, Carpe82 and 6 others like this.
  6. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

You know what the Funny thing is Jalen Green is the Only One that was Healthy All Season regardless of Struggling, Teammates did not include Jalen in the Offense, Jalen looking lost in the beginning.

Jalen Playing Well in those 10 wins. Better Teams are Doubling Jalen and Fred VanVleet and Dillon Brooks have disappeared, these last 4 losses.

7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

deserves its own thread

8. xaos

xaos Member

9. dream2clips

dream2clips Member

Disagree. I like Jalen. I want to keep him.

He’s shooting <40% in losing streak - quit blaming others just as we didn’t credit others in March.

Moreover, teammates weren’t excluding Jalen, that was Jalen and Ime - Jalen/poor shooting and Ime/limiting minutes.

JG4 is awesome - he doesn’t need us to be apologists, deflect & offers excuses. If he wasn’t awesome, we wouldn’t expect better.

Let’s quit crying w excuses. He had a bad week. He’s going to finish strong and next year he and Alpi lead us to a seed.

10. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Jesus christ the absolute utter garbage Jalen fans come up with.

"teammates did not include Jalen in the offence"

Meanwhile, in reality, the entire team had to go away from playing their proper games, go away from looking to take their man on, just to ensure they could run around the perimeter never once looking at the ring just so they could get the ball into Jalen's hands and let him force plenty of shots early (gee I wonder why there were so many deficits and slow starts to games) to see if that game was going to be the extremely unlikely scenario that Jalen was shooting well.

HardenReturns and invocux like this.
  11. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Welcome back, you insufferable twerp.

12. Houston77

Supporting Member

Do people like the OP actually watch games? The Warriors on certain possessions sent 3 - 4 guys at Jalen. He is literally the only one drawing major attention from defenses. Anyone blaming Jalen for the last few games doesn’t know ball.

13. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Yeah I used to want Bridges but not so much anymore. I mean I wouldn't be upset if they got him but I wouldn't offer much - nothing even remotely close to what they think is fair.

But to answer the OP - yeah I'd trade him if someone were to offer someone better. I just don't see GMs thinking he's better than what we all see.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  14. cbass

cbass Member

So is your whole schtick that you go into hiding when Jalen plays well and leads us to a dominant stretch of games and then you show back up and act like an insufferable ass when he struggles?

Pretty obnoxious. You seem like a miserable person.

15. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

16. Houston77

Supporting Member

It’s definitely the most pathetic schtick here.

highpost1388 and cbass like this.
  17. Jontro

Jontro Member

jalen for lerbon and borny

majicdonjuan and Dankstronaut like this.
  18. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

You Tinman & bobbythegreat should all get together sometime. You could talk about all kinds of stuff. Like that one time one of you got laid like 8 years ago and how cool it was.

joking joking, it was only like 6 years ago.

majicdonjuan and duluth111222 like this.
  19. Y2JT

Y2JT Member

I would trade him BUT not give him away. I like Bridges but we aren't getting a deal done. Brooklyn want a king ransom meanwhile I am happy to get him for Green straight up but not include picks. Green does have a small chance of hitting his ceiling which is higher than Bridges.

However the most likely outcome in my opinion of Jalen is that he is a flat track bully. He will dominate rubbish teams but he will never have the IQ to adapt to beat better defenses. He will always be inefficient and inconsistent. I expect he will be a good spark plug off the bench one day but I also expect he wants to be paid like a star and that is why he needs to go while he has some trade value.

Ideally he would be part of a package for a bigger star than Bridges but I do not see one avaliable this off-season. Sengun will be an all-star at minimum, Amen will be a all defensive guy at minimum and I see them as our future. We need a guy with them who is a reliable shooter. My suggestion is to offer Jalen and picks for Brandon Miller. He looks to have a higher IQ and a better shot that Jalen. Charlotte would be hard to tempt though as they know what they have in Miller.

My second idea is to trade Jalen for Ausar straight up. This does not solve our spacing issues around Amen and Alpi but it would give us elite perimeter defence and we don't need to worry about offering any extensions beyond Alpi this year. We would keep our picks and the flexibility that provides.

AroundTheWorld and HardenReturns like this.
  20. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Your missing the option...

NO he's one of the cornerstones of the team.

With Ime, the futures bright for all of them!

cmoak1982 and Carpe82 like this.