1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ime Udoka says Rockets looked "soft or scared" in loss to Warriors

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 4, 2024.

1. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

I didn’t mean sweeping trades, but ever since he was hired there’s been a bunch of rumors about trades. He just seems like he will get the type of players he wants on the team while others will become expendable.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It is actually funny that Draymond said in an exact earlier Interview that Tari reminded him of himself the most........

Thus likely to succeed.

3. TAB

TAB Member

Hey, I'm not talking **** about Tari's game, I'm just saying he needs to be on the court to back up his mouth.

4. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

I'm surprised of Thompson. His mantra is defense.

Watching what Banchero is coming into as a player, I wonder if we made a mistake in taking Smith. I understand he's still a kid, but Ime has to do something to man his ass up FAST.

persian hoopa likes this.
  5. clos4life

clos4life Member

If only we could time travel and convince the Magic to pick Jabari instead of Banchero...

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

This isn't rocket science. What we saw was a seasoned playoff team spank a lottery team.

Simple as that.

glimmertwins likes this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Just like the Celtics should not be 7 or 8+ games above everyone else, that just plain out sucks.

8. PhiSlammaJamma

Part of the growth process. The bar is set. Now we have to get across it. Load with the truth. Lay out the development plan for next year. And see if we grow enough to push one step further. So young. But major progress.

glimmertwins likes this.
  9. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Steven Adams is going to have Bari and Alperen in a headlock all summer.

Udoka's mischievous smile after that trade confirms...

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Please remind me if Adams won anything in the Playoffs with Memphis.

11. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Please remind us why that matters in this context.

glimmertwins likes this.
  12. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

After the stretch against sorry ass competition people's expectations of a bunch of college age kids were too high, without one of their best players on top of it.

I get Udoka's point, but this is the first remotely playoff level game any of these guys have played in. Rome wasn't built in a day, take it, learn from it, get better in the offseason.

glimmertwins, YOLO, jcmoon and 5 others like this.
  13. Rokman

Rokman Member

Magic had the first pick and wisely took Banchero, we had the 3rd pick and took best player available. They are all very young still and though Jabari is behind in several facets of the game to Banchero and Holmgren, he still has quite a bit of upside. Serious players, especially bigs, usually blossom in their 3rd year. With Udoka as coach and a brutally honest guy I expect to see a good sized leap in overall play from Jabari next year and a more central figure on both sides of the court.

Y2JT likes this.
  14. PeppermintCandy

Yeah, watching the game tapes from some of these losses will probably be brutal. But these are probably the lumps that they'll have to take in order to develop and figure out what to do against tougher competition. And probably a lot more useful than just going through the motion in meaningless games at the end of the season. Baby steps.

15. JW86

JW86 Member

Very disappointing, I figured at least some resistance. We had it in a few stretches, but when you come out flat like that you are going to lose every single game. And if there's one thing I will never understand is double-teaming off of a guy like Klay. I don't care who's driving inside, what is happening inside the arc, if I see Klay parked outside, I'm sticking to him like pandan freaking rice! Our guys floating around on defense, allowing all these offensive rebounds, no bodies on their other guys and just allow their shooters to have space was very odd to see. Maybe we got confused by the logo, they were not a NASA mission where a Rocket looks at space and finds it beautiful....

16. bmelo

bmelo Member

we started playing bad since tari recorded that video

17. bmelo

bmelo Member

lets remember they were playing against their idols and team that at one point was considered greatest of all time. i saw multiple times Jalen drive, see Draymond in the paint and reverse... he went up against Gobert 2 days ago to stuff it. They were really scared but tbh why they wouldnt be. Skinny kids like them against monkey like Green, they can get injured because they have no chance in physical contact. They need to get stronger the story is the same. Curry is small but has very strong legs

18. Bo6

Bo6 Member

The Rookies played like absolute rookies last night. Our veterans that were supposed to calm the ship bricked every shot. Our coaching staff had an awful gameplan coming into the matchup.

Just a bad game and the worst possible time. But this was against HoF's that have done it for over a decade. Hopefully we can rebound stronger for next year.

Mathloom likes this.
  19. j@amc

j@amc Member

It's hard to watch a veteran team push around our college-aged guys, but seeing them repeatedly outfoxed is even worse. The GS system preys on communication breakdowns. A good defensive team can shut off most of that and not compound problems by playing out of control and fouling. But our lack of maturity showed, even among veteran guys.

Miami is more of the same. I hope they get in the film room and work it out.

We can't fix the physical stuff until we get in the weight room in the off-season. Below average shooting? That can be fixed with hours of reps in the gym. Great shooters are made, not born.

But low energy, lack of focus, and defensive communication issues? That's supposed to be our identity now. I hope they'll show some pride in the craft and not just wilt under pressure.

20. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Stone stood pat The WHOLE yr. I've never seen that before. He didn't bring in any rebounding or shooting.

If Jalen is getting doubled the other players have to step up. I would have played Cam more with the starters