1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans acquire Stefon Diggs

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Apr 3, 2024.

1. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

2. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

I get the locker part, but I’m not sold that he’s currently falling off. It’s pretty weird that his down tick started when Brady took over. Dude is a #1 receiver elite at getting separation. You thought woods was reliable on 3rd down? Diggs perfect for that too. Plus we can cut woods now so Diggs is basically 13 mil for the year…

Now if he’s a diva and affects the locker room, then screw him. But if meco and stroud can keep him going, and slowik just unlocks the whole book…. Man this is gonna be fun to watch.

3. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

He literally just went to the pro bowl in what was a down year for him due to an OC change. The talent didn’t just drop off a cliff.

I understand you don’t like his personality, but saying he is t top tier just to drive home your point of not liking him is the same as others on here trying to downplay Allen’s abilities to prop up Diggs..

macho GRANDE likes this.
  4. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

I remember a time when everyone complained that the FO would never take a risk. They only wanted choir boys like Watt and would pass up amazing players in free agency..
    Now we get an elite receiver who gets frustrated when he’s not thrown the ball (weird how it’s always the great ones) and we got him for a bag of chips.

everyday eddie and Fulgore like this.
  5. roxon

roxon Member

That happens all the time here, people want the FO to take risks,and when they do take risks it’s too risky

I think Diggs and the Texans will be fine

6. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Pro bowl? Come on, that doesn’t matter.
    His drops are up, his average speed was declining, his production dipped badly in the second half.
    He’s not in the top tier of WR anymore, but he’s still a really good WR in that next tier. He’s not number 1 on this team for sure. Which is the part that’s worrisome, he got the lions share in Buffalo. He’s not getting that here

7. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

8. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

9. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I’m not concerned about Diggs. I think Houston’s culture is top tier and Diggs is going to a situation where the QB and Coach will not have someone come in and blow it up.

I trust Nick and Demeco and they felt the risk of going in to a playoff game with only 1 good WR option was not worth it.

This move makes the running game better. This move gives Tank Dell more space and this move gives the team insurance when someone gets hurt.

Houston is a Super Bowl contender right now.

Rashmon, UTSA2step, PatBev and 2 others like this.
  10. blackistan

blackistan Member

Now would you rather have Keenan Allen or Diggs?

11. Landry's Tooth

Diggs... Allen is hurt all the time and I worry Dell is going to be like that.

houstonstime likes this.
  12. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

He's still a top 10 WR

Every time you can add top 10 anything, without messing up what you got going on, is a no-brainer.

Could be that some of that slacking of his in Buffalo was mental (checked out), Texans got a whole year to find out, he's 30 and he's not injury prone. So we'll see

#332 JHarden713, Apr 4, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2024
    houstonstime likes this.
  13. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

it’s a close call. Allen is a year and a half older and less durable throughout his career. He’s making $3 mil more than Diggs and is a UFA next year so he could be one and done. But the Bears only gave up a 4th.

Diggs has 3 more non-guaranteed years at $18 mil after this yr. But you have the prima donna risk and we had to give up a potential high second. We did get back 5th and 6th rounders.

I guess I see Diggs as the better WR at this stage of their careers and most likely to stay on the field.

14. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Is this the first time he’s going to be playing in warm weather?

Maryland (HS & College)
    Minnesota
    Buffalo

Am I missing anything?

15. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Not sure I’d consider training camp in July to be “warm” weather.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  16. Xopher

Xopher Member

Minnesota plays in a dome, so I don't consider that playing in cold weather.

17. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

Stefon Diggs will be the canary in the coal mine. The contract provides a way out after this season while retaining control until 2028. If he buys into the Texan Culture, it will work out. If he throws another temper fit, we bury the canary.

Sooty, ROCKSS and JHarden713 like this.
  18. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

LOL! 66 years in SE Texas and no one who hasn't experiences it can understand. The combination of heat, humidity and mosquitoes the size of humming birds just has to be experienced.

19. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

What is so crazy is 12 months ago - we weren't honestly sure what we had at the wide receiver set- fast forward 12 months later to now- you can honestly say with a straight face we might have the best WR trio in the league- amazing difference in only one year

I put Nico/Tank/Diggs against anyone at the moment

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member