1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hamas attacks Israel: Yom Kippur War, 50 years on

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by basso, Oct 7, 2023.

1. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Yes, and that is partially why I am confident that the USA will not ever abandon Israel - it's political and logistical strategic suicide - but everything else I said stands

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don’t think they will either and Biden in action has actually been one of the strongest supporters of Israel. That’s why your criticism appears far more based in partisan rhetoric than actual actions.

Nook, astros123, ROCKSS and 2 others like this.
  3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

US be more understanding than the new military equipment and weapons it approved just days ago? More understanding than that?

Why would more understanding cause Israel to do what it had already effectively done in their 2006 military campaign in Lebanon, but refused to do with aid groups this time? We are now close to 200 dead aid workers.

You guys would be more respected if you stopped trying to make excuses for this action.

4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not sure if you paid attention but working with allies hasn't really been a strong point of Trump's.

5. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

On paper yes Trump has been a strong supporter of Israel but he’s also courted antisemitic elements on the Right. He also has made critical statements about Israel’s recent actions while he was upset when the Israeli public welcomed Biden’s visit in November.

He and his family have greatly benefited from the Saudis and Emirates. The current conflict has put the peace process between Israel and those countries and it’s not clear what the future of that relationship is.

As Trump suffers more financial issues I don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibility that his support for Israel could be swayed by financial benefits from the Saudis and others.

Xopher, ROCKSS and FranchiseBlade like this.
  7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Action is one thing but @ROXRAN is waiting for Biden to say “kill all the brown people.”

astros123 likes this.
  8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

According to this, the IDF didn’t make a mistake. They made a choice “not to stop fighting their war”. It’s the aid group’s fault for being there.

As far as scummy war apologia goes in this thread, I give this an 8.5/10.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  9. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Based on current evidence, the IDF clearly made a terrible, tragic mistake.

10. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

One of the new agencies reported there is a disconnect between the IDF leadership who want and have stricter rules of engagement and the IDF fighters on the ground who are choosing to shoot first and ask questions later.

Nook likes this.
  11. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Yes, I read that also. I guess when you are on the frontline and constantly get shot at and trapped, your perspective is different.

12. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

There is nothing Trump has done that can remotely be considered critical of Israel. He is EVEN MORE supportive of it than Biden. People have always hated Israel. Trump has not said or done anything to make people dislike israel even more. they do it themselves. What you describe is just a media fantasy because they want to place every racist thing in the book on Trump as if he invented it.

Whatever happened to the shooter here? Looked it up and they have a name but no pictures of this guy? Was he never found? Captured? Story is incomplete and reads like an IDF setup. They've been known to bomb and harm their own allies and citizens. Many such cases.

#8252 Scarface281, Apr 3, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2024
    FranchiseBlade likes this.
  13. trustme

trustme Member

This is not a war against Hamas.

14. trustme

trustme Member

See my post above. Every accusation is a confession.

15. trustme

trustme Member

They apologized for killing 7 aid workers on “accident” when will they apologize for “accidentally” killing 30,000 Gaza civilians?

16. trustme

trustme Member

What a depraved army the IDF is.

17. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

If that's true, that's very poor leadership that needs to be replaced. You can't have a rogue military that kills willy-nilly. I doubt the disconnect is true though.

18. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

100%. An army is not a judge jury executioner but a tool to implement political wills. If the leadership cannot control the soldiers, then that is a failure and dooms the whole mission.

astros123 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  19. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

I cannot see Israel defeating Hamas using its current strategy nor can I see it winning the hearts and minds of its neighboring Palestinians.

astros123 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  20. astros123

astros123 Member

Really? You think the celebrity chief who's a multi millionaire cares about being more famous? You think he's spending money in trying to become more famous when he's already world famous and filthy rich?

Man you right wing dipshits are such a utter embarrassment. You losers have no idea what having morals or values means.