1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Timberwolves 4/2/2024

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 31, 2024.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

Shooters won't change things because they won't outplay the starters, the Rox starters need to learn how to shoot.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  2. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

This is kind of how the Clippers looked after that first season with Blake. Athletic, talented, fun, competitive…but ultimately not quite there. And then prime CP3 came, replaced an aging B-diddy and Lob City came into being.

What I’m trying to say with that long-winded comparison is: Ja Morant/Luka feel free to come over and join the Rockets in free agency, whenever that is :p

3. roslolian

roslolian Member

Naz Reid is one of the top big men in the country if you looked at his stats he has been hella efficient and destroying teams, just didn't get enough FGA and playing time since he was the backup.

topfive likes this.
  4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I know someone who will pretend to cry in order to make demands of Dave if they see you talking like that..... might watch out... he thinks he's REALLY important and he'll certainly tell you all about it.

As to the content of what you said, we got back in it because FVV got hot after having a terrible game, then Jalen formed out over twice in a row and gifted FT's on an overly aggressive attempt to contest a 3... that pretty much killed the game.

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

good fight

we had a good run, but sadly, our play-in hopes are now over

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

Bobby doesn't understand anything he just watches the box score for all his in depth analysis.

That's why dude thought Jalen Green was gonna be Corey Brewer.

7. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

The chase was fun while it lasted. And I expect the remaining games to be fun as well. I would love to watch our guys all the way into June..but I guess that’ll have to wait a year or two

DeBeards, Ancient Moabite and Reeko like this.
  8. roslolian

roslolian Member

IIRC not over if GSW losses to the Mavs and we never lose again.

9. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Jalen sit we gave up double digit lead, Jalen brought us back in 3rd qtr til 6-0 run at end so Wolves went up 9 .. Jalen sit and Wolves pushed lead up to 17 before FVV started going for his stats and actually attacking the rim and got hot… I commented it during the game

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  10. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Arguing with bobby in 2024 is wild.

11. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Boobythegreat coming out of his hibernation hole now that we are losing again, what a coincidence

BigMaloe, topfive, Xopher and 3 others like this.
  12. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Nope…Dallas will beat Golden State tonight

roslolian likes this.
  13. roslolian

roslolian Member

He been holding it in for a whole month lmao.

gfab-babyboi likes this.
  14. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Dillion needs to go, need a shot blocker in the draft and a shooter in free agency.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

.....and then Jalen killed the comeback with 2 bad turnovers in a row and a costly mistake by fouling a 3 point shot.

You were almost there.

Like I said, when you end up having to say things like "efficiency doesn't matter", you will ALWAYS be making a bad argument.

The guy we saw tonight was not the guy we saw during the hot streak....the difference? Efficiency....and more specifically, the ability to hit the 3.

Cope however you want, but I think you know tonight was a step back for him.

Make him 4-11 from 3 and have him make 2 more of his 2 point FGA's and it's a MUCH different game for him and for the Rockets overall. That's what we had during his hot streak and he's regressed back to more of what we have seen the rest of the season....though he's notably still overall doing much better defensively.

16. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

That's not true...I criticize him myself.....You picked him passing up a shot (he didn't exactly catch it clean btw) and used that to say that he passes up open shots all the time. That's not a regular happening. Anyone being honest with themselves knows that he is a 3rd or more likely a 4th option at best. He normally gets 10-12 shots per game (14 tonight). He might pass up a shot or two, everyone does, but pretty much everyone knows and it has been discussed that he is not going to get high volume shots....kind of less is more. I comment on a lot of things in the flow of the game...good and bad..all players.

17. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

The turnovers were ghastly, but which three-point foul were you referring to? I don’t think he had any in the last minute

18. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

The 38 pt. second quarter was a killer as was 14/46 from 3. No one player or two players lost this game...we lost it as a team. We got it to one with 2 minutes and then had 3 straight TO...something we had not been doing during the 11 game winning streak.

Y2JT likes this.
  19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I was going on memory, but looking at the log, I don't see it so maybe I misremembered. It happens.

It seems it was a FVV turnover, 2 Jalen turnovers, and the FVV clear path nonsense. I could have sworn there was a play late in the 4th where Jalen was contesting a 3 and the shooter landed on his foot or something.

Either way, that's why I default to what the objective says happened when there is a difference between what I think I saw and what the game log says I saw.

20. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

There was a three where Edwards landed on Jabari’s foot but they called a foul on the Rockets for pulling down Gobert on the rebound.

Ant was mad because he wanted the three point shooting foul. I think that’s the play you were thinking of, and Jalen was uninvolved. Luckily for us, it didn’t turn into a three-point play…unluckily for us it didn’t make a difference in the long run.