1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Timberwolves 4/2/2024

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 31, 2024.

1. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Unfortunately it is .

bro2044 and sirjesse like this.
  2. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lost because of 4 point play - and Brooks being a big 0 once again …please for love of God get us a decent bench …

WestendMassive and bro2044 like this.
  3. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

At least GS is going to lose as well...

On to the next!

sirjesse likes this.
  4. a time to chill

He turned the ball over multiple times in the closing minutes of the game after Fred and Jeff Green finally started hitting threes.

5. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

Maybe. This the time of the year playoff teams take care of regular season business :(

DeBeards and BamBam like this.
  6. Mattician

Mattician Member

The schedule isn't helping the Rockets at all.

I think I'll be happy if the Rockets finish about .500 even if they don't make the play-in.

7. Audioout

Audioout Member

It would have been a straight up miracle to have won this game and it came close. Coulda shoulda, but tonight went the way it's supposed to be. One of the top seeds in the west at home won a hard fought game against a young, talented team that is coming up. Nothing to be mad about....

Unless Dallas blows it against Golden State...that I'll be mad about.

bro2044 likes this.
  8. gfab-babyboi

Supporting Member

No one cares about efficiency when he had to take over because no one else could make a shot - 4 of his misses came at end of qtrs … as far as the last 2 turnovers they are what they are when we rushing to try and score with less than a minute left

He clearly had a better game than anyone on court outside of Naiz Reid

9. OnNotice

OnNotice Member

Doncic gotta continue his hot streak. Looks good atm so hopefully they can win

10. gfab-babyboi

Supporting Member

It was less than a minute left and only one was a bad turnover - Bari was supposed to keep coming to the ball on the Edward’s steal .. it’s similar to the play when Sengun got hurt

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I remember thunder fans making those kinds of excuses for Russell Westbrook as he shot them out of game after game.

They'd say he had to shoot that much no matter how inefficient he was.... but eventually they learned.

That kind of BS is more cope than anything else, expect better.

12. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

I think this game will probably end all discourse on the team being better without Sengun. We win this game FOR SURE if we had him. Certainly that awful second quarter wouldn’t have happened if we had Alpi on the floor running the show instead of whatever the **** we did there.

I miss our full squad. If we had this Jalen the whole season we’d probably have 47-8 wins by now. Growth pains hurt

13. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Pay attention...I complain that the ball is NOT KICKED OUT ...and not only to Jabari but others. Maybe that's why he hits 45.3% of his shots..it was 7 of 14 tonight. If you watched this game and came away with Jabari passing the ball when he should have shot being your focus...you should quit watching. I mean LOL...for real. We could not hit a 3 to save our behind....and even air balled an uncontested 3. Has 3 TO straight in the last 2 mins when we had cut it to a 1 point game. That was my focus..and extremely cost us in the end.

gfab-babyboi likes this.
  14. TheBeastSystem

another high usage inefficient game against a contender............

15. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

A bad turnover at the wrong time... but that isn't what lost the game.

Shooting problems man. Shooting from range. Missing gimmes. Another extended cold streak to let a team push past them.

Go Mavs?

AuburnRocket and gfab-babyboi like this.
  16. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Need a couple of shooters as well

AuburnRocket likes this.
  17. gfab-babyboi

Supporting Member

r****d he shot us into lead and kept us into game…we lost a double digit lead with him on bench in 2nd … we were within single digits in 4th because of him… then FVV finally stepped up

roslolian likes this.
  18. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Who said that was my focus? I made a statement in the flow of the game and of course you had to respond to my comment because it was about Jabari. I never said this loss was on him. Everyone played badly. But no one can say anything about Jabari without you having to run to the rescue and defend him.

19. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

A season is 82 games, not just a 4 or 5-game span. You will have your ups and downs

20. OnNotice

OnNotice Member

We really let Kyle Anderson and Naz Reid beat us.. Kyle looked like prime Hakeem out there at one point lol

Naz is a nice player though wouldve loved to have him in Houston