1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McMahon thinks Sengun or Green could be traded "for a star"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AroundTheWorld, Mar 29, 2024.

1. Ancient Moabite

Very

And I would imagine this is your non-explicit version if they were to do something silly and trade one of the core 6

Unless Globetrotter Wilt becomes avail, then all cards on the table

AroundTheWorld and cmoak1982 like this.
  2. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

That’s fair. Just saying, currently Alp is the best rebounder on the team

BamBam likes this.
  3. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!!:mad:

Why can't we just enjoy the potential of ALL our young players? Why are we always trying to prop (your guy) while simultaneously cutting the wings off another?? I can't say with 100% certainty who will end up being the best player on the team, and quite frankly...I DON'T CARE!! I am truly excited that we have (in no particular order) Tari, Cam, Alpi, Jalen, Amen and Bari! ALL have shown flashes of being Alpha's on the Rockets!! I would not be entertaining any trades for any of them, UNLESS it was for a TRUE long-term upgrade!!

The vast majority of teams in the league would love to have what we currently have and some of us just can't see the forest because of the trees!! YES, I WAS down on Jalen, but only because of where he was drafted... the lower the number the higher the expectations are!! Stone should be very, very, VERY grateful that the Nets have below average (stupid) management or this could've ended up like the Harden trade .... IN REVERSE!!

[​IMG]
    :eek:

Go Rockets!!!

4. MystikArkitect

Rockets at #5 at the "Top Young Cores" because they don't have "the guy" amongst their pool of talent. They also both agree that Brandon Miller is better than anyone currently on the Rockets. Can't say I entirely disagree. This Jalen Green surge is going to be one of two things:

1) Flash in the pan that we are going to regret not capitalizing on for a trade this summer. Donte Greene on steroids + HGH + adderall.

2) The ascension of a Top 10 player in the league.

There is no in between. I don't think Jalen Green can be Jamal Murray to Sengun's Jokic. Because if Jalen Green had Jamal Murray's consistency, he would be 15x the player Jamal Murray is just from his god given tools. However....if you took Brandon Miller or the Rockets field on who would ultimately produce a better player...I'm taking the Rockets field every day of the week. I'm taking that over any other young core outside of OKC (only if you're including SGA).

tagedieb likes this.
  5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Jamal Murray showed more consistency at ages 20-22 than many former and current star and superstar guards.

Early consistency isn't some full proof way of determining a player is better. Green definitely has a much higher ceiling than Murray. It's pretty arbitrary on your part to say that consistency is the sign that makes Green not capable of being better than Murray.

6. BreakYoSelfFool

AMEN!!!!

PatBev likes this.
  7. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Everything I said has statistical backing, what are you smoking?
    I said "Jalen's hit higher peaks," Jalen has more 30pt games in 2 of his seasons than Alpi has in his entire career. Alpi has 1 40pt game, Jalen has 7. Put down the crackpipe, Jalen is by far the most talented scorer, and it isn't close.

8. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Streaky. Ball hog.

There's a lot more to consider than just taking the peaks... without the valleys -- which have been quite low.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  9. TheBeastSystem

keep smokn dat green weed fellas
    keep smokn it

10. TimDuncanDonaut

To stop quibbles on Jalen, Alp and Amen, I've decided the new core will be Cam, Tari, and Jabari. :D

AroundTheWorld, fchowd0311 and J.R. like this.