1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why do Texans fans believe that Juice Scruggs is a quality lineman?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by K9Texan, Mar 31, 2024.

1. K9Texan

K9Texan Member
    Supporting Member

It's best that I move on. I understand the desire to keep this community small. Take care and go Texans!

2. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

Dude, don’t be so thin skinned, if you don’t like the community, the exit is that way. However, you should recognize that there are far more egregious thread starting whores on here that have been here forever. Just look at our resident 40 yr. old virgin, tinman.

Rashmon, Zen Tabak and Sooty like this.
  3. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Yeah, no worries about starting too many threads. I'm guilty of that myself. Especially when we were bad. I would start threads just to see content in the forum, which led to some... interesting ones...like the Bryce Young thread...

houstonstime and Sooty like this.
  4. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Starting too many threads pales in comparison to some of the posters on here. You’re new, a fellow buckeye fan, and most importantly a new Texans fan! Don’t let it get to you. Start all the threads you want, but if it’s about a particular player, you can bet there is already a thread on them so maybe check. Again, WELCOME!

At least you didn’t start a thread telling us Bill Obrien knew what he was doing..

5. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Who even cares about juice? Thats my initial thought.

But also, I don’t think most believe he is a quality lineman, but I would say that they hope he becomes one. Guy was a rookie who had injuries so it’s hard to write him off just yet. But yes, if a 2nd round pick at OL doesn’t become a quality starter, then I would call that a miss

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Now you're taking things too far. "We" don't need any more Buckeye fans posting here!

It took me a while to get over CJ playing there ;)

On the other hand, posting about Purdue is welcome!

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

1 This community actually isn't small. It's just that compared to most sports forums, discipline is actually exercised by a lot of people.

2 Don't let one rude post discourage you. The Texans forum is quite civil. The Rockets forum (the "GARM") is dominated by youngsters and probably 90% of the posts are emotional trash.

Rashmon, crose, red5rocket and 5 others like this.
  8. Qan

Qan Member

Gotta have thick skin in this place lmao

9. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

LOL. Just understand most think they know it all and anybody over thirty is a dunce.

Sooty and houstonstime like this.
  10. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

Juice was brought in to play Center. But he and almost every OL save Mason were scrambling to cover injuries. Contrary to popular opinion, each position has unique skillsets required to become elite. Howard eventually had to play LG rather than his natural position at RT. Juice had to move to LG rather than Center and Patterson had to try picking up Center.

We found out almost none of these work well at LG. At this point, INC. is the most you can give those playing out of position. I can almost guarantee there wont be 17 OL on the payroll at any time this season as there were in 2023.

Sooty and raining threes like this.
  11. raining threes

A healthy TC will help with a lot of these issues.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  12. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I blame this on the Kenyon Green pick the year before. THAT was such a huge miss that we must question any lineman drafted highly by this regime. It may not be their strong suit in scouting.

Sooty likes this.
  13. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

What if I told you I had a relative named Kenny G

14. Housport

Housport Member

I thought that Patterson outplayed Deiter and Scruggs at Center last year. Scruggs and Patterson dealt with injuries this past year and we will have to see who wins the starting Center job in August. I like the potential of both players and I'm glad The Texans have both of them.

15. raining threes

Injury doesn't equate to a miss.

See, Stingley.

Champs and houstonstime like this.
  16. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Stingley's injury was known coming into the draft process. He was a legitimate #1 pick based on tools and tape. Kenyon Green was a huge miss and using an injury sustained later in his rookie year/prior to 2023 is flailing. Good example of why picking interior linemen in the 1st round is a bad idea.That pick should have been Tyler Linderbaum based on potential.

So should I be expecting pro bowl caliber play from Kenyon Green once he gets healthy just like Stingley?

BamBam likes this.
  17. raining threes

I can't tell you what to expect

I can tell you that you don't have a clue how good Green will be. I can't tell you how good he will be either for that matter.

BTW, I wanted Hamilton or Linderbaum to be the pick instead of Green. I thought they were special players and said so at the time

In this years draft at 2-42 there will be some special players. Guys I like are Sweat, Fiske, Copper McConkey, P. Wilson, Pearsall, Newton, Melton. I really don't care about need, I hope they add one or preferably two of these guys because they're difference makers. If Caserio could trade back into the 2nd and draft 3 of these guys that would be optimal. IMHO

#37 raining threes, Apr 2, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2024
  18. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I was Team Hamilton also. Sucks to lose out by 1 slot.

All I know is how abysmally bad Green was when healthy. He was a traffic cone. He literally looked like he just started playing the sport. I try hard to give our players the benefit of the doubt as much as I can, but there is nothing in the tape that would lead me to believe that this guy is an NFL starting interior lineman. His college tape was not that impressive either. Linderbaum POPPED off the screen, but was knocked for being undersized. He would be PERFECT for our current scheme. It is what it is, but I just cant go along whistling through the wheatfields on some of these guys. Cut bait and move on.

raining threes likes this.
  19. raining threes

I though he played well the 1st 3 games and struggled against the Chargers, then got hurt in game number 4. I at least want to see him playing healthy before even thinking about cutting bait.

Verbal Christ, Zen Tabak and Qan like this.
  20. Champs

Champs Member

Yes the jury is still out on Green. This is a defining year for him.

raining threes likes this.