1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ime Udoka after Luka, Mavs snap Rockets 11-game win streak

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 31, 2024.

1. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

One was a moving screen (the first one), so not on Luka. But yes, Luka got hot afterwards

#41 JHarden713, Apr 1, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2024
    apollo33 likes this.
  2. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I really wish Rocket coaches would recognize who has it going and tell players feed that person …and run plays to get that person shots …

it’s really FVV job but he’s so clueless - Brooks has bigger blinders on than Tari …Holiday will come in and shoot 5x unless he passing to Uncle Jeff

3. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

Agreed. These games happen sometimes. The guys were riding on pure adrenaline for the last few games. You could have thrown a double team of Vernon and Jordan at Luka and he’d still have torched us yesterday. Next game.

apollo33 and Mathloom like this.
  4. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Seriously, it was like watching prime Harden in 2017 2018, sometimes there is no strategy.

Scarface and Nook like this.
  5. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Man, they just have a really brutal duo to defend. Luka is deadly, but if you double and triple him then get ready for a historic night from Kyrie. I think they're an especially bad match up for us when we're as small as we are right now. I can't wait to have Steven Adams in brick wall mode for stretches of the game.

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

There are a ton of people on CF who seem to think that every game can be won IF ONLY the coach does the right moves. I'm sorry, but that's not true. It's actually insane to think that is true. Sometimes better teams or better players just beat you, and no timeout-calling cadence or player-matchup shifting will change that.

Mavs were the better team last night. They're a better team overall. And it looks like the Rockets might be running out of steam.

jordnnnn likes this.
  7. maypk

maypk Member

LOL. They were not fighting over screens and switch everything during that winning streak as well and nobody was b****ing about it.

And I wasn't even talking about defending Luka with Jock. I just explained why Ime didn't double team Luka, so I have no idea why you are quoting me with all that Fred wasn't being switched on to Jokic stuff.