1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's the second half of the Lakers-Nuggets Game 5 -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Official] Victor Wembanyama as a Spurs thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TimDuncanDonaut, Jun 24, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

2. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Hopefully he can play like that tomorrow against the Warrios

3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Oh yeah, he's absolutely on a trajectory to have a career that's as good or better than Joel Embiid - he's already a better defensive player, and frankly he was the second he stepped on an NBA court.

Offensively, sure, Embiid was a much better scorer, but you know what? He hasn't scored **** recently becausehe is injured again at the end of the season. He's played as many games as Wilt Chamberlain since February. And wilt has been dead for decades. So, Wemby is currently a guy you'd want on your team ahead of Wilt or Embiid due to his aliveness and his working lateral meniscus - I don't think that's a stretch.

Anyway, you have no idea what you're talking about because I have had precisely zero thoughts on Evan Mobley in college or prior to the 2021 draft . I don't even watch college basketball - the only "mobley" I ever posted about prior to the 2021 draft was Cuttino.

ramotadab likes this.
  4. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I don’t know what’s funnier:

- someone convinced that a person doesn’t watch games because they disagree with them

- someone convinced that Wemby is a top 10 player

- someone convinced that winning basketball games is irrelevant

- that the same person believes all of the above

Wemby was great last night and actually got a win!!

dream2clips and roslolian like this.
  5. roslolian

roslolian Member

You said he's better than Embiid right after summer league, before Wemby played his first NBA game. You didn't say Wemby was on a trajectory to be better than Embiid, you said he is flat out better than Embiid who just won MVP. And some other WoF backed you up and said he is up there with Steph and Giannis.

The fact that Spurs only have 18 wins shows Wemby isn't a top 10 player yet cuz I know a real top 10 player would get the Spurs more than 18 wins. Even rookie Lamelo Ball on the hapless Hornets got 33 wins his rookie year.

#1025 roslolian, Mar 30, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2024
  6. roslolian

roslolian Member

How are Devin Vassell and co garbage players? These players would all fetch low frps at worst on the open market. That's what kills me on the Spurs team, they getting less wins than Daishen Nix Rockets under Silas and KPJ. Silas had Daishen Nix, KPJ, Kmart Jr and they got 20-22 wins. That's the standard "top 10 player" Wemby can't beat till today.

And I'm not "blaming" Wemby for their record btw, I'm just saying if he is a top 10 player or even rookie GOAT which is more ridiculous he'd get more wins by now. Tell me with a straight face you don't think Magic, Kareem or Shaq would get 18 wins playing with Devin Vassell, Keldon Johnson, Malakai Branham and Sochan.

Wemby teammates so garbage they only have puff pieces made about them. Where's the Daishen Nix hype vid?

#1026 roslolian, Mar 30, 2024
  7. SamFisher

I'll tell you what's funnier, the guy who watches VICTOR F'N WEMBANYAMA and comes up with these flaccidity maximum takes:

He is obviously better than Joel Embiid - you don't think that if the Spurs offered Wemby for Embiid today that Philly wouldn't take it and have Daryl peloton all the way to the bank?

I mean you're the same dope who said you'd rather have Amen than Wemby so lol of course you think that lol.

@Icehouse - you said this:

Just do it then lol? Who are the 10 players who you can drop into the Spurs currently who make them a better team than Wembanyama does right now?

Name names.

You've been arguing for basically a month now that you "don't have time" to list the 10-15-20 players better than Wembanyama and you find it laughable - but yet you've replied upwards of a dozen times and still haven't even named a single player - hmmm

8. roslolian

roslolian Member

He's a better asset he isn't a better player. Morey would take him because he is younger but if Embiid is fully healthy nobody sane will say Wemby is better than Embiid. Did you know Embiid will have a season ending injury before the season started? Cuz that's when you said Wemby is better than Embiid. In fact your words were something to the tune of in a must win game you'd take Wemby over Embiid. You realize how much of a Wemby fanboy you are to say something like that? And then you tell others to watch games while all you is watch Wemby highlights? Lol.

Yes I would still take Amen over Wemby. Better asset long term. Wemby already has 2 foot fractures he is def Embiid Jr. Amen oth on track to have a 20 yr career in the NBA. Unlike you though I never said Amen is better than Wemby on the court, just that I would take Amen over Wemby in the draft.

That's the problem with you you keep moving goal posts around just to suck off Wemby even more.

#1028 roslolian, Mar 30, 2024
  9. SamFisher

He's a better player. Embiid hasn't played in months.

I don't care that Embiid scored a lot of points in January 2024. Im talking right now. The guy who plays (and happens to be elite at basketball) gets the edge

10. SamFisher

I can't even process this all - ladies & gents, the guy who once called Wemby - "The French Emoni Bates"

11. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

He has had 2 foot fractures? I had no idea.

roslolian likes this.
  12. Tuckmose

Tuckmose Member

Your opinion on Wemby's performance comes down entirely to your expectations of him. Those expecting the next LeBron James thought Wemby could turn the Spurs into a 35+ win team overnight, or do what Dwight Howard did at 19 and become an anchor for a much improved team, the Magic won 35 games in Dwight's rookie year, Chris Paul accomplished something similar.

Those that merely expected him to be a top 20 instead of a top 5 player all time aren't as surprised, Kevin Durant and Stephen Curry's teams hardly improved or regressed during their rookie years. While the Spurs being worse after adding "the GOAT" is funny, I don't think this affect's Wemby's path to superstardom at all.

SamFisher, roslolian and ramotadab like this.
  13. roslolian

roslolian Member

Exactly. Nobody should call him GOAT rookie or a top 10 player because he can't lead his team to 35 wins. Only WOFs think so.

14. roslolian

roslolian Member

I never said that. The irony here is I was telling to wait till he plays a game before you tell everyone he is better than Embiid because Emoni Bates was also hyped before he played in the NBA. Now you turn it around to me saying Wemby is the French Emoni Bates. You just keep lying ang exaggerating cuz you think that justifies you saying Wemby is better than Embiid before Wemby even played his first NBA game.

But that's what I expect from a WoF like you. You make these brain dead takes but tell others to watch the game when you literally don't even do it before you start worshipping your god Wemby. Just pathetic.

15. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yep. Dude on that 10 yr of health career track.

16. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

He’s good.

#1036 TheFreak, Mar 31, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2024
    MadMax likes this.
  17. SamFisher

Really?

I guess you didn't say what you said in Post #397 of this thread

18. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan