1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are the Rockets even interested in Scoot?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HealthyHamstring, May 22, 2023.

1. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

Can you imagine we’d actually done that, whew! Instead of scoot we got amen and cam, and still have Brooklyn's first. I’d say we dodged a major bullet if that were ever truly a consideration. Hindsight, baby.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Exactly, KPJ was better, and still is better and been out of the league a year.

Scoot Henderson is 2 to 3 years from being a decent PG.

Glad we didn't trade Green for him.....Scoot is TOO SHORT, and lacks fundamentals like shooting.

DD

3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Whoops.

4. thegary

Dude can’t quit KPJ, lol

majicdonjuan, topfive and Patience like this.
  5. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Giving up that much in a trade for Scoot was absurd but I think Scoot will be fine long term. I think his floor is a rich man’s FVV - and that’s a solid title winning PG. I think what IS clear is he isn’t a franchise altering prospect like people thought about Wemby….but dude will be fine after a few years provided Portland doesn’t turn into a developmental **** show. Even with the poor shooting, he still does a lot of the “craft” of the PG position better than most PGs and he has a legit burst - he just needs to learn to harness all that to better advantages against NBA level defenders. It will happen in time with decent coaching.

6. thegary

We shall see but I don’t think there is any way he will end up better than either amen or cam.

7. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Yep, sometimes I have really crappy ideas.

thegary likes this.
  8. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Jalen Green averaged 17 points on TS 55% as rookie.

Scoot is averaging 13 points on TS 48% as a rookie, and he hasn't had the 2nd half explosion that Green had to normalise his numbers.

His BPM, VORP and everything else is also significantly worse than Green's (several times worse in fact), and Jalen Green's advanced numbers as a rookie already weren't particularly good in the first place.

Maybe Scoot will hit the accelerator like Green does at some point, but there are only 8 games left and he has had only 1-2 good games so far this entire season. You can go through his entire game log, and it's absolutely dire to look at.

Frankly speaking, the most inexplicable aspect of Scoot is his lack of athleticism on the court. Ignite has ultimately proven to be a bad development program, but scout reports on super athletes like Green or Kuminga were accurate. Scoot Henderson is touted to be in that same class of athlete, but he has yet to show any of that on the court, so he is either injured or the G-League somehow misrepresented is athleticism.

meh likes this.
  9. DaDakota

I would take him back as backup PG for a minimum this year, we can't afford to pay all these guy max deals so we need some value players. And, since KPJ will have no record come October, and everything will be dropped....he would be a nice low cost talented player.

I don't believe the Rox will do this though - but he will be in the league somewhere for cheap.

DD

10. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Scoot needs a Ime type coach, hold you accountable and showing you film study on your **** ups without degrading you. That's basically what Ime does to develop.

11. thegary

I’ve washed my hands of him, I don’t care what happens to him so long as it doesn’t involve wearing a rockets’ uniform.

majicdonjuan likes this.
  12. DaDakota

That's fair, after the truth came out about the argument - and him pleading guilty to basically not even a slap - I think he gets another chance somewhere.

Anyway, I was backing up my original point about KPJ being better than Scott as a reason not to go after him at the time of the thread.

So, not a KPJ thread - but still a hard no on Scoot...might take Jaden Ivey though.

DD

13. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

I think the point is he might have forgotten to switch account…

Rox_Mayhem likes this.
  14. DaDakota

I don't have an alternate account - I was emphasizing my point which was valid then, still is valid now.

DD

15. Rox_Mayhem

Rox_Mayhem Member

Looks like DaDakota forgot to switch into his burner account…

16. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

But you were possibly wrong on Green and 100% wrong on KPJ.

KPJ is better than nobody which is why he is out of the league

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  17. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

Of course you would. No team will. His NBA career is over

DaDakota likes this.
  18. DaDakota

KPJ I was right, Jalen I did lose faith, and honestly, I want to believe this is real, and not related to Sengun being out, but I can't help but think they are related.

Yes, because of his talent - we need another creator for when FVV is off the floor - we miss KPJ's ability to create for himself and others when things break down - it is lacking on this team, and outside of Jalen he was is the only guy on our team that can beat his man off the dribble or was......strictly basketball wise, we miss his skills....

And, I don't care about the off court stuff, now that it was basically whittled down to nothing.

DD

19. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

KPJ absolutely not. He wasn't good. Now Jalen we definitely have to wait. I'll definitely agree. We'll see how Ime structures the offense when Sengun gets back. I personally think Sengun is best from the high post and Jalen needs space

majicdonjuan likes this.
  20. J.R.

J.R. Member

Would you bring back Silas for another 3 years for Scooter?

“I absolutely ****ing would.”

Him, not me

[​IMG]