1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Jazz 3/29/2024

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 28, 2024.

1. verysimplejason

Hard work!!!

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  2. Ancient Moabite

I agree with Amen being that just as I saw it with Green but I felt it would take full rookie deal to take off, he is early on that arrival date which bodes well for clutch city

And I agree with AS as franchise Center and him getting a 3pt shot is more vital to their half court sets because you mention the Lakers would throw it to Jabbar in those sets....

But they also had Worthy and Magic to go to in half court, you don't get the nicknames of Magic/Big Game James by just running and gunning, they had 3 go to guys and others not afraid like Scott/Cooper and other aged HOF like McAdoo etc

Jalen is a consistent 3 PT shooter, he is just at a stretch of making Curry level 42% during this 15+ game stretch, but I expect Cam/Bari/Fred/Green to hover around 36-40% from three land, that is why I mentioned in other thread how AS can avg 7-9 dimes per game when he returns

The same knee jerking is coming from both sides of the coin

Some wanted Green traded/benched (6th man) and calling him Poole/Vassell level or lower

Now he is playing at a fluke MVP level past month+ and AS was playing at all star level for majority of season, that's a great dynamic to have being they are barely over 20 yrs old

All 6 of the Rockets core have all star talent/potential

That's the reason why you develop them until their rookie deals are up

If you are using the Lakers blueprint as the formula then its clear that the engine/identity was Magic (Green), but with ability like AI and right now showcasing downtown sniper ability like all the Curry's(Dell Curry was a marksman) combined

Led by Noble Ime Udoka (Riley)

3. j@amc

j@amc Member

Love the grit and will to win that we now have with this group.

For anyone wondering why you need Alpi in this offense, all you need is last night's Utah game. The ability to throw the ball into the post and initiate some offense would have made things so much easier than constantly playing an outside-in brand of ball. Jabari and Brooks can turn their back to the basket, but not for even a short diet of plays.

However, FVV took his turn and got hot. That's a win.

This group will look sensational once the Rockets are at full strength next season (and add another depth rotation piece via the draft).

Think about the current ages on the roster: Cam (19), Jabari (20), Amen (21), and Alpi (21). Most are the same age as those battling in the NCAA Elite 8. Jalen is our "elder statesman" at 22; he's only two months older than Tennessee's 6'6 senior star Dalton Knecht (22 years, April 19, 2001).

Tari Eason's birthday is in May, our other 22-year-old.

4. charlieaustin

charlieaustin Contributing Member

The black nail polish dealer of course.
    [​IMG]

ico4498 likes this.
  5. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Honestly it’s a problem. We’re suffering from KD/Harden/Westbrook OKC syndrome. We won’t be able to gain the experience required to win before we have to pay them all.

ramotadab likes this.
  6. Radricky

Radricky Member

I missed most of the game.
    Did they scuffle with anyone?

7. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

no, @jaychi posted a game replay here ...
    link

8. sengunonlyfan

sengunonlyfan Member

https://ok.ru/video/7965514009297

Jeff Green corner 3P @ 1:22:31 -- Looking at it now sounds more like rox fans in utah but synchs with the bench celebration... maybe there's a mic near the bench though who knows

9. Ancient Moabite

Why won't you be able to lock up a big 3 if you feel they are worthy going forward?

The only ones who will receive a max level extension are going to be the 3 you pick out of the said Core 6 (6 6)

The other 3 can be retained with a willing spender (old Cuban ~ Steinbrenner/Ballmer etc) but under Tilman, two will probably be moved and 4 will stay ....but that is not for certain, but if I were the owner, they all would be retained .... I would spend like the new Suns owner.....x 3

I would continue to develop them all and come to personnel decisions when their rookie deal is up (or yr prior)

So much can change on season to season/yearly basis, see Eason

Injuries are always a concern for young players and it tanks their value to prove it type deals, which is the only way Rockets can retain all of them realistically after locking up a said big 3 with max deals

ramotadab likes this.
  10. utgrad97

utgrad97 Member

Another great 2nd half by the Rockets digging themselves out of slow start, but damn if Green was getting no respect from the officials in the 4Q. Easily could have had 10+ FTA himself in that quarter. I was very happy to see him play even harder instead of pouting about the illegal contact the Utah's defenders were not getting called.

11. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Ime has sunk his claws in to Jalen. The tenacity and attention to detail have finally arrived for Green. This never would have happened under Silas.

12. utgrad97

utgrad97 Member

This didn't happen a month ago either. I truly hope that Jalen has taken that final step, but that means doing it in November-February as well.

daywalker02 likes this.
  13. Ancient Moabite

He just needs to keep doing what he is doing the past 30 games, and always remind people a couple times a week of super saiyan Green

If he does this for Nov to Feb he would be top 3-5 player in league, right now you want /hope for 65-70% of this current version next season, then the next after that maintain or go up to 80% of this version

This is how Green should play next season, which someone posted the numbers on here:

2 months of his past 30 games

2 months of current form (15 games)

And one month of past 5 games

The season is about 5-6 months

All nba/MVP caliber if he does that

With 6 boards and 4 dimes, with passable defense (effort)

14. WestendMassive

Zero missed calls in the last 2 minute report.

That must mean the referees were perfect for the entire game, right? Right?!?!