1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Jazz 3/29/2024

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 28, 2024.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

2. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

3. WestendMassive

Just saw a dude at the local liquor store wearing a Josh Giddey Boomers jersey.

The cashier passed up the chance to do the funniest thing ever and ask his girlfriend for ID

ramotadab, BigMaloe, joshuaao and 4 others like this.
  4. kpdark

kpdark Member

5. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

20240321_232233.jpg

giphy (2).gif

#765 Houstunna, Mar 30, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2024
    ramotadab, BigMaloe, PWR and 3 others like this.
  6. JW86

JW86 Member

Man, what a win. Played defense when we needed to and big plays by a lot of guys, total team effort, though Jalen and FVV deserve a lot of the credit. Those referees were finally making up for their nonsense in the 4th, because for 3 quarters we could not buy a foul. No problem though, we don't need their help. Only Brooks HAS GOT TO STOP with the dumb fouls. That foul on a 3pt shooter was particularly stupid. The way Amen is playing and Brooks is, I know it won't happen, but Amen deserves to start at SF regardless of injuries. Brooks can sit his ass down.

7. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

People don't want to talk about this, but the emergence of Amen is also part to do with him being able to play the dunker spot while Sengun is out.

More space for him to play to his physical attributes.

8. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

This may sound crazy, but I think that was the best win of the month. Our boys have typically come out rolling and looking energized and hungry, then kept control of the game for the most part. Last night they didn't have it. They came out looking tired and sloppy. In particular, Jalen had a rough first half. In the past, he'd have hung his head, lost confidence, and it would have been an L. But last night he came out in the second half and carried the team to victory, putting together one of the more impressive halves of the season. It's one thing to win when everything feels easy, but they just gutted that one out last night on a night that things weren't easy and they could have just given up. I'm super proud of them.

Play-in or not, every single one of us should be thrilled with the developments of this season. This team is going to be scary next year.

9. Ancient Moabite

Yup

Also people don't want to talk about how the Rockets seem to lose the overall team fg% battle and still have won their last few or so games

That has to be a fluke right?

10. Xopher

Xopher Member

Some nail polish is thicker than others. He was using the wrong one and it was throwing off his shot.

11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I had this same thought recently. Basically that people are thinking being Sengun-less is helping Jalen, but the person it's actually helping is Amen.

This is because, as Darnell Murray* once said, teammates can have overlapping strengths - that is ok. But they can't have overlapping weaknesses - that is what creates issues.

So long term, both Amen and Sengun will need to be respectable threats from the perimeter, otherwise they will be nerfing each other when they share the court.

*Maybe it was Stone, I don't know. But it's true, either way.

ramotadab likes this.
  12. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

where can i get black nail polish?

13. OremLK

OremLK Member

One thing I've not seen talked about is Jalen's rebounding. That's probably the most easily-sustainable improvement, not just during this run which has been even better, but for the season as a whole. For a guy with his length and athleticism Jalen was a bad rebounder the first two years, virtually never boxed out or put in the effort.

This season he's been doing a much better job. Past fourteen games he's up to 6 rebounds per game and I've seen him giving a lot of effort and actually boxing guys out.

He's definitely become less one-dimensional as a player. I still don't trust the jump shooting, but everything else has improved a lot. Hope he keeps it up!

14. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Gritty ass dubs are my favorite. Another subpar shooting night, but they find a way to win that’s all that matters. They better bring their jump shots tomorrow that’s for sure.

15. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

crashed and burned at halftime, will try to watch the second half tonight

sirjesse likes this.
  16. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Removing the past 2 and a half season lens. Current Jalen Green is a two way star player.

His defense has been borderline elite lately.

BigMaloe and sirjesse like this.
  17. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

@DaDakota has brought up the point elsewhere that Sengun needs the ball in his hands to have value on the court. This is not a bad thing and I see a future for him on this roster as a tremendous sixth man of the year candidate. He is a weapon and brings tremendous value no doubt.

However a lot of the secret sauce right now is two players have entered the rotation that do not need the ball to be productive in Jock and Amen. In addition to not needing the ball to be productive their speed and defense meshes much better with the rest of the starting lineup. I cannot imagine a scenario where Amen does not start moving forward. His athleticism amplifies Jalen while Senguns lack of it diminishes it.

I will self reported now @Os Trigonum

upload_2024-3-30_7-14-58.gif

Houstunna, tmacfor35 and Os Trigonum like this.
  18. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I said it right from the start that Amen is a superstar in the making, but it is absolutely foolish to talk of Sengun as anything but our starting center. Go back and watch the showtime Lakers who had Magic, Jabbar, Worthy that could run and master the half-court. Sengun is an elite and un-selfish passer. If Jalen and others can become consistent 3 pt shooters, other teams will have no clue on how to guard us.

You have to be effective in both the half-court and in transition to be a championship caliber. Jabbar was the go to guy when you had to have a bucket in crunch time or when you were bogged down in a half-court game. Sengun would be starting over every other center in the league other than Jokic, Embid (when he is actually able to play) and maybe AD (when he is actually able to play), Wemby in a few years. I guarantee OKC would give you us every first round pick they have for Sengun. Everyone calling to trade him or make him a sixth man are just knee jerking, because Jalen is finally hitting his threes (if he keeps doing it) we have 3 superstars in the making and 3 all-star caliber players all under 23

ramotadab likes this.
  19. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

I’ll take foolish and defense for $200 Alex

upload_2024-3-30_7-37-34.jpeg

ramotadab likes this.
  20. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Anyone got the clip of this?