1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McMahon thinks Sengun or Green could be traded "for a star"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AroundTheWorld, Mar 29, 2024.

1. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I think this doesn't deserve it's own thread. I think a lot of people are misunderstanding the post, since it comes from McMahon (who often has insider info from the rockets front office), and think he's saying that the rockets are interested in trading one of the two. That isn't the case, and that's not what he's saying. To be honest I am not really interested in having the discussion, I want to keep them both. I think we can pay both and build around both, I don't like the idea of having to decide between the two. Every championship team has a minimum of two stars on it.

2. Old School74

Old School74 Member
    Supporting Member

I respect that but if PG caliber player is available, I feel anything is possible...

3. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Amen Thompson, Jalen Green, Alperen Sengun should be the Core

Jabari Smith lack of skills ball handling, creating his own shot, IQ

Cam Whitmore (Health Leg), Tari Eason (Health Leg) Both Cam and Tari have Rods, Plates, Screws in their Leg. Long Term Health is a Question.

"Hail Hydra" and cmoak1982 like this.
  4. Old School74

Old School74 Member
    Supporting Member

Timberwolves are a 50-22 team. I dont think we are there, yet. The management would probably want to take a leap with a super star. When you have at least 6 young stars, it can be an easier decision to trade one of them. Additionally Amen will likely be a max player in a couple years, too. Then you have Tari, Bari and Cam too. You have to trade some of these players. It is unfortunate but if PG caliber player is available, I can imagine Rockets considering to trade Sengun. Why Sengun and not Jalen? I dont wanna get into that topic and it has nothing to do with what McMahon said or not said

5. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

I would not trust anything Tim say, he is a DALLAS REPORTER! We are a young team, without our full group of players this year and we are only 6 games behind Tim’s beloved Mavericks…..

6. Newlin

Newlin Member

The Rockets won’t be able to keep all of their young players. Some will have to go at some point. Still too early to know which ones will deserve those huge contracts. I don’t see a need for the Rockets to make a big move this offseason. I do wish we could dump Brooks, but I don’t see that happening.

"Hail Hydra" and Old School74 like this.
  7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

8. StroudAndYorDaddy

if sengun comes back from injury and jalen/amen lose their aggressiveness and start playing worse then i could see sengun being dealt. the jalen green/amen thompson backcourt just has more upside than any sengun led offense

jcmoon likes this.
  9. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I think given the Jalen turn around, you go into next season with the core 6, Fred, Dillon, and Adams. That’s 9. It would be great to add a shooter. we don’t need to rush to make a star trade before we know what we have.

Tate and Jeff should probably be traded for 2nds in the offseason. Landale may be worth hanging onto for another season given Adams is coming off injury, but if you can get 2nds you probably move him too.

Ramo$e likes this.
  10. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Would be a stupid move

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Man! Sengun is done bros.

Jontro and StroudAndYorDaddy like this.
  12. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

oh no it’s stupid.

EErrNN and daywalker02 like this.
  13. marinara

marinara Member

why would the wolves trade Edwards?

14. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

Sickening, the media are now trying to mess up our team's chemistry.

Ramo$e likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Sounds like Vince McMahon. Hottest Take as of yet.

16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Kelly Iko has said the same thing that the front office has been telling the media guys. It’s out there because they are putting out a billboard that they are “star hunting” this Summer… which I think is stupid.

Shut up and do the work behind the scenes to be opportunistic, but there’s no need to try to game the market by thinking other GM’s and agents are all the sudden going to start hurling trade and free agent signing offers at Stone left and right just because you put out the billboard.

McMahon is probably just saying Sengun or Jalen as a way of saying that the Rockets are seemingly desperate, impatient, and want to short change the rebuild. Him saying the Rockets could trade Sengun or Jalen is almost a backhand at Stone and Tillman.

The fact is though that Stone and the Fertittas aren’t going to find a true star this Summer anyways so it’s a moot point. Stone is delusional if he thinks Giannis, or Luka are going to be available. If Stone thinks that Murray or Trae Young are star players than he’s and idiot and needs to be fired. MAYBE Embiid is available and Sengun would be the core piece in that trade, but even then… that’s a huge risk given his injury history as great as he is.

So I just wish Stone and Tillman would just STFU and do the work behind scenes to make the calls and build the relationship instead of trying to treat people like idiots.

17. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

What if...
    SENGUN and GREEN ARE THE STARS?

18. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

right. Who? Oft injured Zion? Randle? Old jimmy butler? Booker? What star is he exactly talking about that teams want to move? Not much out there. Where is he getting this info from? Or is this just his assessment?

Ramo$e likes this.
  19. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Jalen and Sengun are the stars

20. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Moron