1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McMahon thinks Sengun or Green could be traded "for a star"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AroundTheWorld, Mar 29, 2024.

1. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Because of Sengun's play this yr and Jalen's emergence, I think the FO is looking at things differently now. They won't look to move as fast.

The only way either player gets moved is unless Ime thinks there is a player out there that fits the teams style better.

Ramo$e, T for 3 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  2. a time to chill

This "star" that the Rockets are supposedly hunting for should be already on the roster from the previous drafts (Sengun, Green, Smith). I'm for keeping this roster around and letting them develop next year.

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

5. sfayner

sfayner Member

6. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Man, that is not what he said. He said the rockets are gonna take a swing and one of the two could be traded. But he made it very clear the he hasn’t heard anything about it from inside the rockets org.

People taking things out of context drives me crazy. Go listen to the pod itself.

7. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Are we doing the thing where we quote shitty click bait journalism and then rack up a 100 page thread on an unrelated topic?? Literally my favorite.

Ramo$e likes this.
  8. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

The Rockets just seeing what is out there. I HIGHLY doubt either Jalen or Alpi gets moved. You got to see what you have in this version of this young duo next year first before moving them.

xaos and AroundTheWorld like this.
  9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Sengun for Zion confirmed.

10. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I like him more then :D

xaos and T for 3 like this.
  11. utgrad97

utgrad97 Member

Whatever Udoka says the Rockets will do. I wish Green had shown this level of play before Sengun got hurt.

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

So my take from this is...

Rockets were ALWAYS open to trading ANY of the young core for a right deal. Which makes sense. If Tatum said he wanted out of Boston for whatever reason then you call up Boston and you get a deal done...

But now things have changed. Sengun has proven his potential and so has Green, haven't proven they are locked in all-stars yet, but they have proven their potential.

Right now it would take a LOT from another team to get EITHER of these guys. Forget both. The rockets might trade ONE of them plus assets for another star...say for example Booker wants out and is tired of being paired with has been stars, I could see the Rockets swapping Green for Booker (even though right now I wouldn't even want to do it...) or say KAT wants out I could see the Rockets might want to swap Sengun for him (again, I wouldn't even want to do that...) but to get EITHER Green or Sengun is going to be a lot right now.

I do think the Rockets try to make a big move though. I think it's more likely the Rockets trade the Nets pick + another asset or two for another vet player at the Brooks kind of level to add to their depth. I think that's the move most likely.

Like say Nets pick for Alex Caruso or something or Josh Hart, someone that can help the team win now instead of waiting for another rookie to develop. I think this is far more likely because I doubt Ime is really all that excited about adding another rookie he has to play and would rather just have another veteran he can rely on so that we're not even in this play-in spot next season.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Id love Caruso. He's wasting away on the Bulls.

AroundTheWorld and JayGoogle like this.
  14. Streakshooter

Streakshooter Member

This is no shade. Like none. But if it came out that these accounts were run by the same people, I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised

15. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

I’d take Embiid, who is more likely than the rest of these guys to want out. I guess Luka could be a Kyrie meltdown away but I don’t think they would ever consider a deal with us.

He’s getting older and obviously his health is a concern but man AD instead of Sengun on this team would be insane. The defense and athleticism would be wild. That said, I’d never make that deal.

Puppet Master likes this.
  16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yup, this is what I have been saying, they might decide to flip one of them, or both.......depends upon the deal, but let's say it is Zion......would that would be interesting.

The Rox may believe Cam has more upside than Jalen and is not as far away from being as good now, so you get 3 more years of a lower contract and about the same level of production, and you improve by adding ZION.

Or, you trade Alpi for Zion and you feel that you can play a switching style of defense all the time making you better.....

I am not saying this is true, just merely speculating, but I could see their thinking.....just got to see what the deal is...if any at all.

DD

Old School74 likes this.
  17. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

Yeah very much disagree with McMahon, not interested in trading anyone honestly. We're witnessing homegrown stars develop before our eyes and not scratching the surface. It's always the outside media or fan bases, including this one. Sorry guys, draft better.

AroundTheWorld and MadMax like this.
  18. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

If Memphis decides Ja can walk I’d listen

Puppet Master likes this.
  19. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I love Cam…but Jalen has shown us too much to pretend that Cam is an impediment to Jalen. I’d take Zion depending on cost..otherwise, I think I just lean in when Alpi gets back and let’s ****ing go

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

He was in a few rumors last trade deadline and the Bulls are a team likely looking for young players (or should be) and if the Nets pick which is 8th projected that would be a fair deal IMHO for both teams. Bulls add another young player and Rockets add a true back up guard which we need. Would make us a ton better next year along with adding Adams.

I think the rest of the team improvement comes from our extremely young core. We still have no idea what we have with Amen, Cam, and Bari...and even Tari, so I personally don't see a big need in adding another top 10 pick unless we get lucky and land in the top 3 then keep the pick I guess...

Hive5, xaos and fchowd0311 like this.