1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green will be the Rockets' Numero Uno

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kpdark, Jan 2, 2024.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Also his scoring gravity has been immense. Teams eventually resort to "get ball out of Jalen's hands" defense.

xaos, roslolian, Dobbizzle and 2 others like this.
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

The thing is his floor has risen now due to his baseline defensive effort greatly improving.

xaos, roslolian, MadMax and 6 others like this.
  3. Ancient Moabite

JG4 went from being criticized and laughed at by some on here for having no Bag and also for when he mentioned that he was a Bucket..... To now looking like a 6'4-ish version of a TMac/AI3 mixed into one

Dillon said Green is That Guy?.... What you talkn bout Dillon(willis)??

This could also be a chapter....

The Bag & The Bucket & The Fluke: The Irrepressible JG4

kpdark and BamBam like this.
  4. dream2clips

dream2clips Member

Agree - I don't think people quite understand this yet. But who can blame them when he's putting up 3-4 highlight layups and 2-3 insane step-backs each game. I think less than 3-5% of NBA players can make that block he made last night when he spun w/ the ball-handler on the drive. Simply jaw-dropping & sensational from the young man.

If he plays like this he's a top 3 player in the league - a better version of Ja even w/ moderation in shooting splits. With this type of defense his offense can take a step-back and he's still a superstar tier player. Yeah I know, it's just a few weeks, whatever. You don't play winning basketball in this particular way, for this long, w/out significant sustainable aspects.

xaos, roslolian, kpdark and 2 others like this.
  5. kpdark

kpdark Member

6. plegus

plegus Member

Great talk:

xaos, kpdark and Mathloom like this.
  7. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

His floor is higher than most of our youngsters, he's already achieved more than most of them in each of his seasons, especially as a scorer. Now he's just proving his ceiling is an entire league beyond what anybody else on the roster has managed so far. Sengun is incredible, but he's never been the best player in the league for any stretch of his career.

Maxgx, xaos, Carpe82 and 1 other person like this.
  8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

BigMaloe likes this.
  9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Until he shows he can do this for a whole season, his floor is still what he was doing earlier in the season. It was lower than all of our young players. (Someone stated a good point that since he has improved his defense and playmaking, his floor has been raise above what he was the previous two seasons. And I agreed.) What he is doing now is his ceiling, not his floor. If he did it night in and night out for a whole season, he would be in MVP conversation.

xaos, kspires999 and apollo33 like this.
  10. dream2clips

dream2clips Member

I think doing this and playing .500 basketball argues you need to see it for a season. And obviously the 3p shooting is not sustainable. But the W's, his defense, and his decision-making/ability to generate positive outcomes facing aggressive doubles has sold me. Those are sustainable building blocks. Floor has been raised materially IMO.

I don't blame anyone for wanting to wait. But there is clear evolution driving this beyond unsustainable shot-making and that's what has me so excited.

xaos, BigMaloe, Easy and 2 others like this.
  11. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Lol, keep on that delusion train. I never get why people double down on their bad takes when a player's obviously proved them wrong, it just makes you look even sillier when they continue to do so.

Carpe82 likes this.
  12. plegus

plegus Member

It is either 1 or 0, black or white, true or false with you guys. There is a whole reality between those extremes. Chill, have fun. It will come and go time to time, do you expect people to be “proven wrong” every single time the pendulum swings?

How short have you guys been on Earth to be convinced every other day from every other volatile marker?

P.S. I mean every doubter and stan out there, not you guys specifically.

xaos, Easy and kspires999 like this.
  13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

14. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

xaos and pippendagimp like this.
  15. kpdark

kpdark Member

16. plegus

plegus Member

My fav podcast:

fchowd0311 likes this.
  17. PeppermintCandy

Good talk, but just a month or so ago, these guys, especially Legler, were sh*tting all over Green. They basically said the Rockets should trade him going forward.

To be honest, I don't care if they criticize Green and not believe in him, or even if they change their minds. But the worst part of it is the hypocrisy.

#2157 PeppermintCandy, Mar 28, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2024
    Mathloom likes this.
  18. plegus

plegus Member

Establishing and changing your opinion based on data, knowledge and experience is wise not hypocrisy imo.

xaos, BigMaloe and PeppermintCandy like this.
  19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Dude, I am not a Jalen hater at all. You can go back and search my posting history if you want. I have been pushing back the naysayers the whole time. That does not mean I am 100% sold that his performance is sustainable.

There are nuances in looking at things.

xaos likes this.
  20. PatBev

PatBev Member

Jalen keeps playing like this I might actually apologize for all the **** I’ve talked on that man

zeeshan2 likes this.