1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Thunder 3/27/2024

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 26, 2024.

1. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

But he didn't. You also owe Rafael Stone a apology

2. WestendMassive

Craig didn't call.the ref Sean Wright 'Puffy' like he usually does.

Wonder why that is

3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

GARM seems to be particularly spicy this morning

4. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

TEN IN A ROW! Way to drive to the playoffs!

5. dream2clips

dream2clips Member

Sengun 45 and Jalen's coming out party are the 2 most enjoyable games I've seen this team play in perhaps 5 years. I marked out like Craig and Ryan.

Market inefficiency; if your budding superstar's presence is stunting your in-the-closet superstar's emergence then let first dude take 6 weeks and VOILA 2 superstars.

F everything else. Jalen's on-ball defense right now is enough to keep him in the league for 10 years. He got caught napping a few times on rotations and box-outs in the 4th but that's b/c I was literally watching him every play. Amid those lapses he shut down 4 attempts at the basket and was directly involved in forcing 5 turnovers or missed shots. When combined w/ the wizardry on offense = Superstar w/ floor of a star. It's that simple.

Moe and don grahamleone like this.
  6. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

OKC was playing great man. It was just hard to put them away.

don grahamleone likes this.
  7. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I think everyone has to be impressed by Jalen last night. Obviously, he carried us offensively. But what was also impressive was how, despite OKC constantly attacking him when we were on defense and trying to get a switch so Jalen was defending the ball, he was able to both maintain his intensity and efficiency on offense AND play very well on defense. OKC was clearly trying to punish him on D so that they could slow him down on O, but it didn't work. That is really impressive.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's fair, they aren't quite as bad as turnovers, but they are in the same ballpark.

The entire point was that inefficient shooting harms the team and takes away from whatever else you were doing on the court. It can turn great performances into meh performances.

As usual though, I'll say something that's not even controversial.... that's just obvious fact..... and the usual suspects will get upset by it and throw a fit.

It's tiresome.

10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I bet it is tiresome. You’re legitimately 100% a complete a**hole. You have come across for years as an unlikable miserable person through the internet. You seem to relish in it by consistently insulting people far and wide across this message board. Well continue to relish in it because you reap what you sow big guy. A majority of posters find reading this forum more enjoyable without the “you’re stupid, you’re too dumb, I figured an idiot wouldn’t understand what I said…” trite repetitive bs.

11. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

20240328_082451.jpg

12. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

I’ve been watching quietly all year - I was firmly in the “whatever” camp with JG - just wanted to say I’m ecstatic to be eating crow these days

13. Bo6

Bo6 Member

Just watched the game... wow what a crazy finish. Jabari was horrific all night long but made up for it with one shot. Would have loved the Green game winner but us coming out in OT and putting them away makes me very proud.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

.....and yet another of the usual suspects here to throw their tampons for absolutely no reason.

Seriously kid, do you do anything other than whine like a b****?

You realize all of this started because I said Brooks shouldn't be shooting 18 shots in a game....one of the least controversial statements possible. You dipshits just look for any excuse to throw a tantrum.....then whine when you get made fun of and belittled for your actions.

It's a cycle you could stop by simply being a better person.

15. biggz

biggz Member

I'm scared that the Rockets won't play with this pace once Sengun comes back

BigShasta and Hank McDowell like this.
  16. j@amc

j@amc Member

Jalen's best defensive game of the year. The Thunder were 7-22 (and 1-7 from 3) with Jalen as the primary defender.
    The Rockets generated 64 (!) uncontested looks and made 48%, with Jalen going 9-14.
    Brooks shook off his cold start to finish 7-16 on uncontested looks.

OKC was 26-58 on uncontested shots. That number is a little high.

I should also call attention to rookie-of-the-year candidate Chet Holmgren. In 18 minutes on the court, he was 0-2 from the field, collected 7 boards and 3 blocks, made 23 passes, had 5 TOs, and 5 fouls.

Perhaps we could compare this stat line with Amen Thompson, a first-year player who is contributing down the stretch. Playing 38 minutes, the analytics and eye test show that Thompson was among the Rocket's most active defenders (though this OKC performance wasn't his best game). Thompson finished with 25 points, 15 boards (6 offensive out of possible 10 chances), 4 assists, and 1 TO (in 68 touches).

If the Rockets make the play-in game, does Thompson earn any votes in this rookie-of-the-year race? He won't win, but will he finish third?

When Thompson flips the switch and adds a little more confidence, the league is in serious trouble. Once he starts showing initiative and dictating plays rather than just being a solid finisher and floor spacer, look out. Right now, the little veteran bumps, grabs, and holds can keep him off balance.

17. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

18. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

At one point that's what he was for a while. He found his next gear to Kevin Martin's level and then another gear beyond that.

19. WestendMassive

Amen Thompson's inability to shoot somehow means that the instant he looks like he's drifting out to the corner, the defense will just forget about him. Fkn lol

20. OremLK

OremLK Member

He saw their backs were turned and was like TYVM

Houstunna and WestendMassive like this.