1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Thunder 3/27/2024

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 26, 2024.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I always say he played great when it happens. So that's like 15 times now for his career.

2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

3. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

4. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

5. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

that loss against clippers still hang over my head man. rockets had that game.........

the streak would be like 16 or something at this point instead of just 10. but 15-1 ain't too bad i guess.

disclaimer: i did not fact check the stat.

6. majicdonjuan

majicdonjuan Member

Lol. Dude you have been insisting for years Jalen would never be anything. You had it out for him from the start. When folks would say "give him time", you'd insist he'd never be good because he didn't have [insert ridiculous reason here].

You can flail about all you want, but you know this kid will be a star if he can keep his head in the right direction. Just like the rest of us.

Go Rockets. We have two potential top 10 players in this league. We're going to be a force for a long time and that will be because of guys like J. Green (and Sengun) not despite them.

7. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Cmon over bro. It’s time. I know you WATCH the games unlike some of these b****es. He has leveled up.

8. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

I thought that was big time growth. He usually would try to score over a bunch of people but he made the right play to Jabari in the corner.

9. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

swipe right to see the play you’re talking about.

pheewwwoooooowowowwyy <3

10. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

his start didnt bother me, 2 of the shots were blocked at the rim by Chet....but he was getting to rim so he just needed to stay positive....lol he really 7/10 from 3 ....if we remove the jack from half court at end of 3rd lol

11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

The difference is in his mindset. He is playing defense consistently. Jalen isn't scared of getting hurt at the rim either. His shot will come and go, but as long as he continues to do the little things, he will be fine.
    37 points, and 7 assists too in this big win.

12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

this game was trash. Rockets shouldn't have let OKC take them to the last game of the series. Rockets and Harden were on some bullshit. If OKC won this game it would have ended the whole franchise (before Harden decided to leave). the game was not fun this game was nerve-wracking and annoying.

13. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Unreal shots by JG to save us.

14. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

15. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Exactly. That is all that needs to be said. There is no backtracking now, Bobby has made several hundred posts about how stupid and dumb rockets fans were and are to this day about being patient with all of these young players. The Rockets have 6 players, 4 of which that are 21 years old or younger along with Eason and Green that should all continue to improve. no matter how many times he insults fans of the team he is supposedly a fan of as well.

joshuaao, BigMaloe, Arnel and 4 others like this.
  16. Nook

Nook Member

No qualifiers - Jalen Green was awesome and did it against a very good team and defenders.

Players have “good games” and even “great games” - but only maybe 25 players in the league could do what Green did - and the number is probably closer to 10 than 25…. and some of the penetration he had, maybe 5 players could do that… with one of them being his teammate.

He is the player of the month for March and has been consistently great - not “improved” or “good”, but at a superstar level this month as a 22 year old.

Deuce, clos4life, DVauthrin and 21 others like this.
  17. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Jalen seriously turned into Harden or Kobe for me this game. Just give the man the ball and let him go. Throughout his entire late season run this game was the first where I felt it deep in my soul that this man truly is ready

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

I have Jalen Green trauma…if he starts out slow, I start experiencing flashbacks and anxiety

basically, I have basketball PTSD

before this stretch, Jalen really had me questioning myself like “How did I ever believe in him so much?”

I had play-in or bust expectations going into the season because of Ime and what I expected from 3 year Jalen…thank God he is starting to deliver

I will be at the home game vs the Warriors next week…lead us to a play-in berth Jalen

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

All you can really do is box score watch. Nobody who watched and understands basketball will think Brooks did a poor job or shouldn't have shot as much.

Multiple posters here have said as much to you you are just completely clueless.

20. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member