1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chapter 8: Green Goes Nova

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Mar 11, 2024.

?

Do you believe?

1. Yes

58.4%
  2. No

41.6%
  1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

For the people who say they "just were criticizing Green" when he was playing bad....

There is a difference between criticism/ disappointment and wanting to trade him for Quintin Grimes or Austin Reeves.

For most of the people who are defensive of being called out and saying "all I did was express disappointment" are you sure you were just expressing disappointment or where you expressing the desire to give up on him and trade him for loose change?

If it's the later then just don't be a b**** about it and admit you were being a negative Nancy.

These same people came on clutchfans and said Green is his old self again because of one bad shooting half. Some of you people are laying in the weeds for that moment of a bad shooting stretch. If that is who you are now as a Rocket fan can you do some introspective work on yourself and figure out why your fandom has been reduced to this?

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

This game vs. OKC will tell a whole lot about if this stretch Green is having is real change for him or just another March/April fool's gold. I hope he shows us something tonight.

BigMaloe likes this.
  3. fchowd0311

Stupid.

Do you think hot shooting is the thing that people are most impressed with?

Not his massive defensive improvement over the past couple of months, ball security, finishing around the rim etc?

Ability to still play extremely hard even when his shot isn't falling?

Is a bad shooting night against OKC going to be the thing for you to label these improvements as fake?

If so you are bad at analysis.

BigMaloe, Dobbizzle, cmlmel77 and 2 others like this.
  4. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I’m so excited for Cam to be back soon. This switch-everything defense would suit him a lot more, he’s a beast in transition and the offense would give him a lot more opportunities to drive and dunk.

Honestly if he were healthy and coming off the bench we’d be so much better right now. Even pairing him with Jalen for some stretches would give us a huge boost.

Future is so bright with this core. We might have 4 future all stars on this roster but people are hung up on whether any of them are a Lebron James. Four future all stars is a legit ten year contention window.

I have a lot of confidence in this coaching staff to turn our core 6 young guys into at least 4 all stars in the next 2 years.

#164 Mathloom, Mar 27, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2024
    BigMaloe, dawesome, Dobbizzle and 8 others like this.
  5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I mean it's everything, right? Shooting, defense, finishing, etc. It's not one thing specifically.

But this is absolutely the type of game (quality of opponent, road game, high stakes for playoff implications, etc.) that I want to see what he can do because historically this is where he's folded.

No need to take offense to it lmfao

6. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Have you went back and looked at the game logs for our wins vs playoff teams? You'd be surprised.

Dobbizzle likes this.
  7. fchowd0311

If you are going to use single games to label a significant improvement of defensive play for more than two months now as a fluke you are just laying in the weeds to do a gotcha.

persian hoopa and Verbal Christ like this.
  8. Ancient Moabite

No need to take offense at all, because its actually a compliment to how much potential you see/have in Green

You just compared him to all the legends who are defined by these moments rather they win or lose, just show up(out)

Green has never been in pressure moment games (meaningful ) until now, every game for them has been play-in caliber and for most part he has showed up

So to say historically he has folded is false because this is the first time because first two seasons they were legit tanking

And Green has had good games against PO caliber teams this season, inconsistency has been his biggest hurdle

9. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

He's had good/great games against good/great teams this season. Hell he had at least two of them in his rookie season (Celtics and Lakers game where he made clutch 3s.) His problem is that he isn't consistent.

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I'm not saying anything is a fluke yet or indicative of who is in the future. I'm looking holistically at what we've seen during his 3 year career to date. Much more bad than good but he's starting to show real progress, progress that's hopefully tangible for next year when we're hopefully competing for playoff positioning. That's all it is. But no...I'm absolutely not going to say that this current stretch is who Jalen Green officially is as a player now going forward. We've seen too much to say that at the moment. I hope that's the case...but it's just too early.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Good dress rehearsal.

12. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Dude, I'm literally just mocking the people who used that a mantra any time Jalen played well in the last 3 years haha.

13. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

"Much more bad than good" is just complete lies tbh. Go look where Jalen sits all time on high scoring games on high efficiency at his age. Here's a hint: He's better than the vast majority of people you'd trade him for.

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I mean...if you honestly believe this then so be it lmfao. Not worth engaging.

15. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I'm just glad we're out of "let's throw KPJ out there as the best player on the team with the worst record in the league" train at this point in the season.

Progress is just that for this team. Every KOF, JOF, AOF will need to just accept that this is their team of the future and that future is bright... especially when their downs (cause there WILL be downs) hit.

Mathloom and Rocketeer like this.
  16. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

I can read statistics, you might want to look into it. Btw, he has more big games than everybody else we drafted combined. And it's not close. More 30pt games, more 40pt games. On better efficiency.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  17. fchowd0311

18. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Highest ceiling on the team, and it's REALLY not close. Regardless of what the Sengun contingent is currently foaming over.

19. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Results are in....

Jalen played like a superstar. I'm so impressed.

Mathloom and BigMaloe like this.
  20. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

@Mathloom

Impressive bro. You know the game.

Mathloom likes this.