1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] “Road House” Remake

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Jan 25, 2024.

1. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Zac Efron should have been his sidekick. Oh well.

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

How was this comedy even made lmao!!!

GRENDEL likes this.
  3. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

The original, where not only do they have the Sam Elliot character Wade Garrett, but also, if you remember, when he is first introduced, that girl on stage with the black cowboy hat in the "wet G-string contest"?

Yeah. No one can ever replace Black Cowboy Hat.

No one. Ever.

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Conor McGregor looks like he was on the sauce.

ROCKSS and clos4life like this.
  5. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, he was easily the worst part of the movie.

6. CrixusTheUndefeatedGaul

Supporting Member

McGregor is cringe worthy in this remake. One thing is close to reality is the location that they’ve picked for this one.

The Florida Keys or Key West to be specific is wild, uninhibited and down right racist sometimes. I was there with a group of friends, 3 white guys(myself included), 2 Asians and a Puerto Rican a few years back for some fishing and R&R, we all were close friends either through school or business connections. The second night there, we were crossing the street to get to our restaurant for dinner, we have the right of way(pedestrian walk signal is on). A car with a group of white guys on the far right lane waited for us to get close, they sped up( ran the red light) and started screaming obscenities at us and one of the lines was “ hey Danielsan, take the slope and get the hell out of Key west”.

The 2 Asian friends ran into a few more minor incidents for the rest of the trip like no service from the waitstaff and just general unfriendliness. I grew up with one the of Asian guys, we went to schools together. If the car stopped that night, we would have squared up against those racist azzholes. Hey Key West, what the hell is going on down there? I didn’t realize shiit like that still existed in America? Any Asian in here cares to chime in and tell us your personal experience about the Florida Keys?

7. clos4life

clos4life Member

Feel the same, will also likely never watch it again. Original has been rewatched multiple times and I probably will again in the future.

BamBam and RunninRaven like this.
  8. Buck Turgidson

If it had been anyone other than McGregor playing that role, that role would have been great.

Fun movie, nothing special, but fun.

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

the movie took a cartoonish turn when he showed up, but I kind liked how wacky he was. I thought he delivered the lines better than I thought he would.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  10. Buck Turgidson

Remember how bad the actor, big tough guy #1, got his throat ripped out by Dalton, remember how horrible he was as an actor?

Of course you don't, nobody does.

ROCKSS and DreamShook like this.
  11. Buck Turgidson

Yall keep saying "they didn't have Sam Elliot's character"...

Who, who in the hell, could have played Sam Elliot's character and done it justice?

ROCKSS likes this.
  12. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I heard someone put it appropriately on a podcast. It was like McGregor had watched a double feature of Snatch and Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels the night before he began filming and he decided that THAT was the movie he was in, regardless of what the director told him. He definitely felt like he was trying to channel Brad Pitt's pikey performance, poorly. But for a movie like this, I'd rather it be at fault because it went over the top too too far than if it was just boring or too restrained.

DreamShook and Buck Turgidson like this.
  13. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

No one................Sam E is one of a kind.

Buck Turgidson likes this.