1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jewish settlers set their sights on Gaza beachfront

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Ubiquitin, Mar 25, 2024.

1. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am surprised the BBC is reporting on it. Again; I expect this is the end result of Israel’s invasion of Gaza. While Gaza was never apart of Israel, not even in antiquity, this is not stopping Israeli visionaries and thought leaders from envisioning a Gaza filled with Israelis instead of Palestinians.

Maybe one day the displaced Palestinians can go to Uganda.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-68650815

Who wouldn't want a house on the beach? For some on Israel's far-right, desirable beachfront now includes the sands of Gaza.

Just ask Daniella Weiss, 78, the grandmother of Israel's settler movement, who says she already has a list of 500 families ready to move to Gaza immediately.

"I have friends in Tel Aviv," she says, "so they say, 'Don't forget to keep for me a plot near the coast in Gaza,' because it's a beautiful, beautiful coast, beautiful golden sand".

She tells them the plots on the coast are already booked.

Mrs Weiss heads a radical settler organisation called Nachala, or homeland. For decades, she has been kickstarting Jewish settlements in the Israeli-occupied West Bank and East Jerusalem, on Palestinian land captured by Israel in the 1967 Middle East war.

Her vision for the future of Gaza - now home to 2.3 million Palestinians, many of them starving - is that it will be Jewish.

"Gaza Arabs will not stay in the Gaza Strip," she says. "Who will stay? Jews."

She claims that Palestinians want to leave Gaza and that other countries should take them in - although in a lengthy interview, she rarely uses the word "Palestinian".

"The world is wide," she says. "Africa is big. Canada is big. The world will absorb the people of Gaza. How we do it? We encourage it. Palestinians in Gaza, the good ones, will be enabled. I'm not saying forced, I say enabled because they want to go."

2. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

[​IMG]BBC/Goktay Koraltan
    Daniella Weiss does not deny charges of ethnic cleansing

3. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

It’s just state sponsored British propaganda, I know.

4. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Not sure we need a new thread for every article you find about Gaza.

5. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

I’ll refrain from over-posting. I know it can be quite annoying.

Sorry.

6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

78? Israeli Boomers taking that title too seriously.

7. Xopher

Xopher Member

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

They want their own Manifest Destiny

Rocket River

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Of course it is ethnic cleansing the only reason Israel is not saying that is WW2......

DD

astros123 likes this.
  10. astros123

astros123 Member