1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brooklyn Picks -- Cash 'em in, or let 'em ride?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Houston77, Feb 10, 2023.

?

Brooklyn Picks -- Cash them in, or let 'em ride?

1. Cash 'em in

85 vote(s)
    34.7%
  2. Let 'em ride

160 vote(s)
    65.3%
  1. Rokman

Rokman Member

Now if they want theirs back, it will just cost Bridges. That's it. 1 for 1 swap. Well, maybe we'll throw in Tate just to be generous.

2. roslolian

roslolian Member

Huh? No way man. The Rox will be in financial hole in a couple of years that lotto pick gives them somebody on a rookie scale.

Plus you want Bridges stuck on the Nets as long as possible he is clearly checked out. With Simmons and Bridges Nets have no capspace to sign players to save them. If Rox get Bridges that'll give Nets flexibility to get better. We need them as bad as possible in the next 3 yrs.

BamBam and jcmoon like this.
  3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

4. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

I know Bridges probably wouldn’t ask for a trade, but if he did somehow, the Nets GM shouldn’t show his face in public. Imagine losing Harden, Durant, Kyrie and then Bridges in such a short amount of time? I’m sure those 4 first round picks that teams were offering for him sure look good now.

5. Rokman

Rokman Member

Ah, I like your logic!

6. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

4? I'm pretty sure someone of the National (or maybe just NY) media reported it went up to 5, and then the jokes were that it was now 6 or 7. Granted that was at the deadline. It is probably 8 FRPs by now.

7. Bo6

Bo6 Member

Brooklyn lost 6 in a row and it did nothing to improve our selection spot. Every tanking team is in tanking hyperdrive at the moment. Even Toronto lost to WSH last night..

We are looked into 8 unless Memphis gets some guys healthy.

[​IMG]
    upload images

8. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

It makes me sad that the other teams aren't closing in on the Nets. It makes me laugh thinking teams as injured as Toronto and Memphis are likely padding some extra fake injuries just because they don't think the Nets roster is good enough to safely have a better record if they don't take tanking up a notch.

Bo6 likes this.
  9. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

If the rockets stay at 8, I think more and more that Kel'el Ware should be the pick unless Cody Williams/Dillingham/Sheppard fall to 8. Which I doubt

We need a young rim protector that can space the floor to coexist with Sengun and Jabari.

He will learn so much from Adams for the first year and I could see us moving Sengun to the 4 and Jabari to the bench or the 3 which I still think is better suited for him.

Anyways the thought of Ware at 8 might be a reach right now but I could see him rising quickly the closer we get to the draft

10. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I like Ware, Sheppard, and Topic as players that could be there at #8. Some of the big guys are intriguing; Clingan could be something. Even Filipowski looked a lot better today than I expected.

bluffkin likes this.
  11. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

So Memphis have won 4 of the last 10.................that is our next aim...that is good for us. These teams are not tanking, they are just not very good. Just focus on Memphis. That is the next rung

Bo6 likes this.
  12. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Memphis has the tie breaker on the nets as well.

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

14. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

I feel like Topic and Sheppard will not be available at 8, Clingan or Filipowski would be interesting.

I'd be happy with any 7ft plus rim protector projected in the 1st. 8 is a good spot to be, either take whoever falls from the top 5 or grab a 7 footer

MrButtocks likes this.
  15. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Brooklyn is guaranteed to win tonight against Toronto.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

17. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

When the nets go Two and eight in their last ten and cannot make up ground on Memphis for the seventh pick :(

18. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Toronto and Memphis control their own picks and are just tanking too hard. Rockets main hope is that either their own pick or Brooklyn's jumps up in the lottery.

Maybe the NBA gods will smile on the Rockets this year as they have rallied and are not playing well while trying to make the play in?

Even now, the Rockets will have at least a 1/4 chance of jumping into the top 4.

19. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I'm not sure I would want Dinwiddie running iso's either

clutchdabear and Nook like this.
  20. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I almost wish the league would penalize teams a percentage of their ping pong balls for blatant intentional losing.
    Fans shouldn't be expected to pay for that kind of product and losing, particularly intentionally shouldn't be rewarded.

The league needs a better solution than "trust the process"